No announcement yet.

'08-'09 NHL Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Guerin has been huge for the Pens, regardless of points. Great pickup, Billy G was my favorite Dallas Star when he was here. He's an excellent teammate and cool guy to boot. He can beat you one on one, hit ya hard, find the open man, find the open ice for himself, put the puck in the net and drop the mitts and kick your ass all while laughing at you Kunitz is also a good fit with that team, although I don't have the respect for him as I do Billy...my saying is you cant spell kunt without Kunitz

Those two guys are the reason I feel the Pens are a little better team this year vs last.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
      Those two guys are the reason I feel the Pens are a little better team this year vs last.
      I agree. I feel the production from Crosby (partially due to Guerin and Kunitz) and Malkin is huge as well though. They are already statistically far beyond where they finished in last season's playoffs, but beyond that each of them appears to have taken their games to another level, especially Geno (who got no help at the trade deadline for his line...in fact his main winger Sykora has been MIA since March). Additionally, Orpik and Scuderi have elevated their D to a level where you might say that Pittsburgh actually plays defense these days Gill has also been fairly solid when he remains focused and Gonchar continues to play at a high level.

Like I said, I like the Pens chances...they are a better team, and they play better team hockey than last season. A rematch with the Wings should be an awesome series

Comment

• I'm not looking past the Blackhawks but I feel the Wings already put the best defensive team in the playoffs away already in the Ducks so putting the puck in the net against Pittsburgh shouldn't be an issue for the wave of O the Wings have. Pittsburgh will have to shut down 3-4 lines where in previous series they only had to shut down 1, 1.5 maybe 2 lines

Detroit is banged up so if they advance tonight (wont be easy) then the finals will start Saturday with games on Saturday and Sunday at JLA, that gives them 2 days rest to heal up key guys and play a back to back. If they lose and go 6 to Chicago they start on June 5th with games on Friday and Saturday....I'm sure Chicago Blackhawks feel they have a say on who and when the finals start however.
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

• can't spell kuntz either-lol
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I'm not looking past the Blackhawks but I feel the Wings already put the best defensive team in the playoffs away already in the Ducks so putting the puck in the net against Pittsburgh shouldn't be an issue for the wave of O the Wings have. Pittsburgh will have to shut down 3-4 lines where in previous series they only had to shut down 1, 1.5 maybe 2 lines

Detroit is banged up so if they advance tonight (wont be easy) then the finals will start Saturday with games on Saturday and Sunday at JLA, that gives them 2 days rest to heal up key guys and play a back to back. If they lose and go 6 to Chicago they start on June 5th with games on Friday and Saturday....I'm sure Chicago Blackhawks feel they have a say on who and when the finals start however.
            barring some flukes or horrible one sided reffing in favor of the hawks, its over tonight shawn. You guys havent lost 3 in a row since probably 1980
            Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

• Nightmare on Helm Street what a game from that kid, the PKU shift was awesome and then to get the OT goal iwas icing on the cake. I was worried no Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Draper, Lilja, Kopecky and then to find out tonight Ericsson was out I didnt have a good feeling about tonight.

Finals start Saturday...Detroit/Pittsburgh II

12 down, 4 to go!!!!!
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Go Wings!!...not much of a hockey fan, but it's about all Detroit can do right most years LOL.

Comment

• like i said, detroit in 5. The swedish pukes have another chance. The epitome of everything that is wrong with the "new" nhl.

Bettman, im sure is creaming in his pants. Actual hockey fans? not so much.

fuck sweden. go pens.
                  Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

• rooting for Los Wingos des Reddos, we must have order.
                    what's the status of half the Wings team for saturday?-lol
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• I like my wings HOT!! With an appropriate amount of beer to accompany them of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                        rooting for Los Wingos des Reddos, we must have order.
                        what's the status of half the Wings team for saturday?-lol
                        Going outside the conference, and with the "safe" pick...I thought you were better than that

LET'S GO PENS!!!

Comment

• Detroit is 6. (5 if their whole roster is back on the ice)
                          My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by goodwood View Post
                            Detroit is 6. (5 if their whole roster is back on the ice)
                            You'd pick the Islanders in 6 if they were playing the Pens!

Comment

• <-------

West > East

everyone is banged up, if your not banged up, you have been playing playoff hockey.

it should be a good series. Detroit can shut down Pittsburgh attack and have an equally explosive offense.

12 down, 4 to go
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

West > East

Detroit can shut down Pittsburgh attack and have an equally explosive offense.
                                Shit, I'm not even gonna bother watching then.

Comment

Working...
                                X