No announcement yet.

'08-'09 NHL Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Both teams have done what they are supposed to do. Win at home.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Well, I'm glad the Pens decided to play. Here's hoping they can carry that momentum into the Joe and steal game five. I wrote them off after game two, and I'm not convinced they can beat the Wings two more times, but here's hoping they do!

Go Pens!

Comment

• The Pens wanted it more last night for sure. The Wings didn't look good at all... they made alot of mistakes. This is turning out to be a good series.

Comment

• Off topic, but what do people think of the rumors that the Flyers are signing Ray Emery?
          Scott

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
            so according to those calculations in the article on the onion, the recession in the country is not in large part to the crooks on Wall Street, it's from the drainage of all the Yankee parades over the years.

Cliif- you're not watching anymore? Say it ain't so. Say it ain't so.
            havent seen one game in its entirety. That was a world class dive by crosby last night tho. Went down like he got shot by lee harvey oswald.
            Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

• unfortunately, Lee Harvey Osgood did not do the same.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Diving like that is embarrassing to himself, his team and the league. This is the NHL damn-it, if I want to see embellishments I'll watch soccer players get looked at cross-eyed lol
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

• As long as it doesn't go down this road...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ioyt2zzm530
                  Last edited by Hellbat; 06-05-2009, 06:58 PM.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                    As long as it doesn't go down this road...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ioyt2zzm530

LOL excellent clip of the new NHL:ROTF:
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                      LOL excellent clip of the new NHL:ROTF:
                      sorry, shawn, the "new" nhl was designed around your team.

Bettmans nightmare matchup in the finals wouldve been philly/anaheim. b/c there might have been (gasp) a fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                        Diving like that is embarrassing to himself, his team and the league. This is the NHL damn-it, if I want to see embellishments I'll watch soccer players get looked at cross-eyed lol
                        bwahahaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                          sorry, shawn, the "new" nhl was designed around your team.

Bettmans nightmare matchup in the finals wouldve been philly/anaheim. b/c there might have been (gasp) a fight.
                          That statement could only be made by someone who has only watched hockey for a couple of years.
                          My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by goodwood View Post
                            That statement could only be made by someone who has only watched hockey for a couple of years.
                            negative. been watching since the early 90s.

Comment

• Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                              negative. been watching since the early 90s.
                              Well you've forgotten that Detroit has the reputation of being the ones that will get in the big fights...Osgood and Draper are still on the team and they were involved in some of the biggest modern era battles (Colorado) and Bob Probert was on Detroit most of his career (one of the most notorious Heavyweight Champs of the NHL)

Beyond that there are many ways to show toughness during a game. Mental toughness is not retaliating against stupid stuff that goes on. Physically, the 'Europeans' that people want to brand as not being tough are continuing to play through all kinds of pain and fighting back when pressed. Typically, not too often will you see fights in the Final (Iginla will fight anytime but he's an anomaly) because people don't want to get booted from a game or be off of the ice for 5 minutes.
                              Last edited by goodwood; 06-07-2009, 09:04 AM.
                              My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

• well I guess Wings were really tired and worn down last night?

15 down, 1 to go!!!!!!!!!
                                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                                X