No announcement yet.

'08-'09 NHL Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the pens buried themselves with stupid penalties. you can clearly see that the stuff that bothers the pens doesn't mean a thing to the wings. it's like they lost their heads.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
      the pens buried themselves with stupid penalties. you can clearly see that the stuff that bothers the pens doesn't mean a thing to the wings. it's like they lost their heads.
      Indeed...one thing that Sid needs to learn is to put the belly-aching energy into composure. I think he plays excellent angry but not when he lets the anger get him into chippy style play. The Wings just let it go because they know what is at stake.

Things to watch for in Sidney Crosby interviews:
      -head turn (twitch)
      -the 'almost lip bite'
      -him saying "you know" in every sentence
      My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

• Penguins played their best game of the series so far, I thought.
        Here we go!!!!!! I'm getting depressed already, 1 game left, gonna have to start
        an MLB thread to carry through the summer.

Comment

• wow. first game ive watched all the way through. and all you hear on the hockey boards is how bettman and the refs "won" tonight for pittsburgh. I will actually watch game 7.
          Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

• good man, cliff is back

Comment

• The hitting was brutal...awesome!!! Two great teams and anyone's cup right now.

I haven't heard anyone saying the refs gave it to the Pens last night...if anything it was the opposite. Two Wings power plays toward the end of the game with the Pens only up by one??? Yeah, that was a big help for Pittsburgh.

Two days until game 7...what a bunch of BS

Comment

• Double post

Comment

• I thought the Pens looked great the first half of the game. They also blocked a lot of shots and played well defensively keeping Detroit on the outside pretty much most of the night. Osgood played well made some huge saves but the mistake on the pinch and no covering up led to Staals goal are mistakes you cant make.

I don't think the officiating has been all that bad in the finals, just somewhat inconsistent on whats being let go one minute is called the next very minute.

Game 7 on Friday night, that is going to be a great game and it doesn't get any more exciting than a game 7 for the Stanley Cup.

Home ice advantage for a game 7 is HUGE. The Joe will be rocking! Can't wait.
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                    Home ice advantage for a game 7 is HUGE.
                    Unfortunately I believe this to be very true...the JLA hasn't been the Pens friend this year although they certainly could have won either of the first two games in the series.

Hopefully they can put together an entire team effort for game 7. Either way, I think this is one of the best Finals that I've ever watched.

Comment

• 15 Cup finals have went to a game 7. the home team has won 12 of them. still, anything can happen. A bad bounce, a chinese goal, a big save at a critical time, there can swings in all directions.
                      I think the Penguins really need to score first friday.

Comment

• I don't think scoring first is as big of a deal as going down by 2 goals...Detroit can basically shut an offense down when playing with a 2-goal lead. I'll happily take the first goal though!

Comment

• I really don't read too much into the history really. I do prefer having game 7's at home though but it doesn't make it automatic.

The bottom line is its game 7 and whoever wins 1 game, wins the Stanley Cup. Anything can happen.

shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Last night was a good game. Finally both teams came to play. Game 7 should be fun to watch if nothing else.
                            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

• this extra day off is driving me insane, can't we just get it on already?

I think the Wings take game 7, not because the history 31 of 32 teams to win the first 2 games of the finals go on to win the cup, or the home ice advantage, or that the last 6 finals games 7 went to the home team...nah..the main reason is Joel Quenneville Factor...whenever Detroit beats a Quenneville coached team on the way to the finals they won the cup. In 97, 98, 02 and 08. and in 2009 , the Wings beat Quennville again when they sent the Chicago Blackhawks to the golf course....boom..Wings win game 7....done deal
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

• None of those teams had the best butterfly defenseman in the league though! Hopefully the Pens won't need to rely on Scuderi's "hidden talent" again!

The wait is absolutely killing me...it should be illegal to open the Cup Finals with back-to-back games and then have multiple two game dry spells toward the end. Absolute BS IMO.

I still think the Wings are probably the most complete team but the Pens have enough going on, especially when Fleury shows up, to get the deed done.

To quote Shawn: 15 down, 1 to go!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X