No announcement yet.

'08-'09 NHL Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C'mon Shawnny boy, The Wings are a juggernaut. I wish I had your hockey problems right now.-lol
    Announcement, Announcement!!!
    Rangers win!!!!!!!!! i don't know how to feel.
    They're sucking me back into believeing again, just in a playoff berth, nothing more.
    I know better.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
      C'mon Shawnny boy, The Wings are a juggernaut. I wish I had your hockey problems right now.-lol
      Announcement, Announcement!!!
      Rangers win!!!!!!!!! i don't know how to feel.
      They're sucking me back into believeing again, just in a playoff berth, nothing more.
      I know better.
      I can bring you back to earth with one phrase...

Sean Avery, the Terell Owens of hockey.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

The Rangers are a much better team with Sean Avery. I like the guy. I understand, and what he said in that interview that got him suspended was stupid, but what these players say to each other on the ice is a lot worse.
        He's paid for his mistake, and he's playing well. The refs are not even giving him a fair shake sometimes, it's sickening. This world is a little over the top on this issue if you ask me, and not cuz he's a Ranger now.
        Rangers were 51-23 with Avery, then he left.
        They are 9-4-3 since his return I think.

Comment

he's one of the very few reasons the Rangers are worth talking about.

Comment

What did he say in the interview? All I know was that is was supposedly insulting to Dion's girlfriend.

Comment

who was his ex-girlfriend. he said something like he hoped the rest of the nHL was happy with his sloppy seconds. the alarm bells went off and he was driven out of hockey. it was stupid, a little classless, but it's not like he was profiting off of penguin fights in his backyard or something. gadzooks!!!

Comment

Sorry Tommy, but he's a cancer on the league. Like Terell Owens he has a minimal grasp on the team concept. He makes everything about him. Avery should go back to playing with his dolls and leave the NHL to those who have the heart and desire to play the game.

Glen Sather has made some bad plays in his tenure on Broadway, bringing more attention to a team that is sub-par at best is more like attention whoring than going for the cup.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

They score 3.3 goals a game now as opposed to 2.3 before he came back.
                  he's been all hockey since his return.

Comment

Avery's ex:
                    Film actress, Elisha Cuthbert;

http://www.elisha-fans.com/elisha-cu...ilmography.php

***Back to topic!***

As much as I'd like for my Canucks take first in our division for 3rd seed in the west, a first round series between the them and Blackhawks would be monumentally entertaining!

Comment

Yum.

As far as my predictions, I think Flyers take the East and win the cup in a grueling 7 game back-and-forth series with the Sharks.

MVP vote: Ovechkin by a mile. Watching him play is sheer delight. Malkin is pretty good but he doesn't carry the team like Ovechkin does. The only thing I don't like about Alex is the silly goal celebrations.
                      Scott

Comment

I don't mind Averys game at all, just hate his off ice BS. If he'd just stick to playing hockey and STFU he'd be better for whatever team he plays for.

Avery is a good fit for NYR...especially since Dallas is pickin up 1/2 his tab
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

They're a better team with him than without, that's my point.
                          the numbers say it all. He's been all hockey since his return, no bullshit
                          off ice crap, Tortorella even likes him and is praising him, and he was bashing him on versus when that stuff went down. he's playing well, end of story.
                          He said some stupid shit, he didn't pull a Bertuzzi. He paid for his actions already.
                          It's a fact. He's done nothing but play hockey since so I say give him a chance.

Now, back to the action-
                          Important games tonite-
                          Anaheim- Edmonton
                          CFBJ's-1 vs. Nashville-1 in the 2nd
                          Montreal 1-0 over the Hawks
                          C'mon Ottawa over Florida
                          Boston-Tampa-not much at stake
                          Dallas-Kings
                          Vancouver -Minnesota- tres importante'

Comment

That's weak that a comment like that could get him in so much trouble...WEAK!!! I don't like the guy, especially after his playoff antics last year (until the Pens ended his season ), but to go through what he has had to endure over a tasteless (yet humorous) comment, get real.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                              That's weak that a comment like that could get him in so much trouble...WEAK!!! I don't like the guy, especially after his playoff antics last year (until the Pens ended his season ), but to go through what he has had to endure over a tasteless (yet humorous) comment, get real.
                              NHL has been on a hair trigger though about those things since the Todd Bertuzzi incident though. You can say it on the ice fine, but I think when you do it in front of a camera you're just calling a guy out. I did find the comments funny though.

Btw, Flyers are in striking distance of the Devils. Maybe if they can build some consistency, win the game in hand they have on New Jersey, than can catch them. But they've floundered every chance to catch them this year, so they'll likely do it again.

Comment

Les Columbus Fuquinne Jackettes des Bleu !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X