'08-'09 NHL Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
    typical of the "fans" in detroit. classless.

I wouldve skated the cup yelling "lets go red wings".
    What are you referring to? I didn't see anything that was out of line.

Then again, I was watching the CBC broadcast.

Comment

• Originally posted by leftybob View Post
      When the other teams thought they had the Pens right where they needed them, they did'nt. I don't care because I'm a Flyers guy.
      Let's see I'm quoting myself here, turns out I was correct. The Pens were just stronger in this game. The Wings looked tired. Ozzy made two fewer saves or it would have been the other way. I know a few peeps from Pittsburgh so I'm happy for them. I don't know what happend when the Flyers let Fedetenko go, but he's playin' like a madman we should have held onto him. That makes three titles in a year for Pennsylvania teams ! ... Nice
      Last edited by leftybob; 06-13-2009, 05:34 AM. Reason: spelling
      Check-it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMKmQmkJ9gg

Comment

• All I can say is... WOW!!! Good Job Pens!

I had a member dealio at the club last night, so I wasn't at the usual roost for the game so I made them turn it on, sat on the patio with 15 or so others watching it getting completely hammered and smoking cigars, now I know it wasn't all in vein! I saw the score and it was 1-0, then 2-0, then the 3rd and I had to go in and sit at the bar to finish it off. Holy shit, what a game!!! Unreal! I was pretty stoked when they won, and everyone was looking at me like I was nuts, oh well, now they know, lol!

I can't believe the Pens skated the cup in the fukkin Joe!!! I still can't believe it, unreal!

And I have to agree, WTF Shawn? What's wrong with those fukkiin tools in Detroit booing the Pens? Come on, it's the Stanley freakin Cup, and they're going to boo? That has to be the worst display of class and sportsmanship I've ever seen!!! I'd be embarrassed!

Wow! All I can say is wow!!!

Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

• the boos were for Gary Bettman and he'll get that in 29 of the 30 areans in the league. Once he shut up the booing stopped. The were actually cheering for the pens when they were hoisting it.
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Good to know Shawn! As many times as you've hoisted Lord Stanley, I didn't think they'd boo anyone for winning. I was back outside when I heard it, so I wasn't real clear as to why.

I do feel sorry for "you" a bit, but you know how I feel about the Wangs, so it's sort of expected...

Great year tho bro, as usual, you guys are there till the end!
            Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

• Guys...also the fans were booing because some of the players on the Pens were still celebrating and were late to get to the post game handshake. That's WORTH a boo. The rest was for Bettman as someone said. When you win you have a scrum and then you fall in line for the handshake because you have a big celebration when the Cup is presented. Everyone knows this. It isn't classless fans at the Joe - it is fans thinking that the players are being classless not following tradition.

Detroit simply could not capitalize on the things that they typically capitalize on and Fleury stoned them when they were able to put it on target.

If anyone were to say prior to the series that Crosby would only have 3 points I bet everyone would say that was BS.
              Last edited by goodwood; 06-13-2009, 10:17 AM.
              My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

• Grats Pens fans! That was a pretty intense game. I loved Fleury patting the crossbar and blowing it kisses after it made the stop with a couple minutes to go hehe.

I can't imagine what Hossa must be feeling right now. He passed up a big buck multi-year deal thinking he had an almost guaranteed ring and gets dragged to a game 7 and loses. And the part that has to eat him the worst is he was pretty much a non-factor in the series. It will be interesting to see where he signs this summer.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Congrats to the Pens. Crosby still sucks though
                  Scott

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                    Grats Pens fans! That was a pretty intense game. I loved Fleury patting the crossbar and blowing it kisses after it made the stop with a couple minutes to go hehe.

I can't imagine what Hossa must be feeling right now. He passed up a big buck multi-year deal thinking he had an almost guaranteed ring and gets dragged to a game 7 and loses. And the part that has to eat him the worst is he was pretty much a non-factor in the series. It will be interesting to see where he signs this summer.
                    Yeah...I still think MAF should have got the Conn Smythe...but big points and showing up late works better than showing up every series I guess.

Hossa leaving for Detroit probably helped the Pens win. He would have done nothing for them except cost big $$ and the Pens would likely not have picked up Guerin and maybe another player or 2. I didn't see any of the Pens really talk to him at the handshake so he must not have made any friends there and what ones he may have had he probably lost when he left town.

Too bad that Weasel Bettman messed around with the sale of the team a few years ago. JB put down a 10 million dollar non-refundable deposit and when weasel wanted 'must not move team for 10 years' in the terms of sale JB walked. That $10 million helped Mario stay the course in Pitts. I'm glad it happened that way anyway I suppose since there are true hockey fans in Pittsburgh and a legacy there. Now Phoenix? Come on!!
                    My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                      You're gonna have to wait Razely, I think Rupe is soaking in a hot satisfying bath in it. He might not get out of it until September when football starts.
                      I'm starting to "prune"

Good to know that about the boos...glad I was wrong.

Comment

• Finally got to see the game last night around 2:00 am. Congrats to the Pen's. They wanted it more. Detroit just didn't play their game this series. Hossa is probably still crying.

Only a few more months till pre-season.
                        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

• Here's the classless fans of Detroit. Listen to them when Sidney Crosby is handed the cup

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=23&id=43749
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

• That's just the Pens fans in attendance

Comment

• werent THAT many of them there
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

• I think it's hilarious that everyone boos Bettman, yet he's still the commisioner. Isn't there some sort of election process?
                                Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X