'08-'09 NHL Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
    no offense, tooth, but the prime olympic dive team member isnt in the league anymore. peter forsberg of the colorado "divealanche"
    Non taken and you're just about right, even tho I think the world of Peter, StevieY takes that title!
    Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

• Originally posted by Strangletooth View Post
      Non taken and you're just about right, even tho I think the world of Peter, StevieY takes that title!
      neither are in the league of Sidney Crosby...he'll be in the Olympics.......the summer Olympics as part of Team Canada Olympic Diving team
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
        Rupe, sorry if I offended you in my lame ass attempt at humor. I'm no fan of Crosby at all other than the way he plays the game between the whistles (aside from the diving). After that he is primetime douchebag material. I'm willing to bet if he wore a different color jersey you'd have a different opinion of him as well
        No problem...I was having a "Massengill moment"

I may very well hate Crosby if he was on another team...hell, I wanted to see him traded at the deadline this year. He could have provided several key role players and draft picks IMO and the team seems to play very well without him. Not sure why that is as there is no doubt that he is one of the most talented centers in the NHL.

As for the diving thing, he rarely does it these days...I can only recall one time during the playoffs which was a blatent one in the finals. I think anything that he does, good or bad, becomes elevated in the publics eyes because of the press that he gets. He didn't ask to be "the face of the NHL"...Bettman and his cohorts decided that. Unfortunately, Sid has to deal with the fallout from it.

Speaking of diving, I saw a few Wings this series who may be up for Oscars

Comment

• Originally posted by Strangletooth View Post
          Dude, how deep of a puddle would you like to step in here?!?

There were at least 3 times the boos came out, right after the game, the shake and of course Bettman.

You're so blinded by the Crosby issue, you're not seeing the big picture. History of hockey? lol, are you kidding me?

I see nothing wrong with congratulating your team, "the entire team" before the hand shake, plain and simple.
          I don't know what you are talking about in any of this stuff. I am completely correct about what I've stated. I am not blinded in the least by the Crosby issue, in fact, it was something that I wouldn't have even mentioned if it hadn't been a mystery in this thread..."why the boos? I don't understand!" and "they're classless". It's COMMON HOCKEY stuff. The rest of the hockey world and the media sees it crystal clear...yet you can't? I'm the one who should be thinking that you are kidding. Instead I'm thinking something else.

Originally posted by Strangletooth View Post
          I'll have to look at some previous winning games and look at the time spent congratulating/celebrating to actually compare, but from what I saw, I thought the time in between was reasonable. So tell me, how much time was there in between the end of the game to the shake in the last 5 seasons?

You guys act like it was 20 minutes or something, it was reasonable, but Crosby should have been at the front of the line.
          Put it this way...in my recollection it has never been done that way before. If you can't see that 99% of the people who know anything about hockey are saying that it was unreasonable and disrespectful then I can't pull back the shades for you.
          My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

• Both sides are guilty here. Crosby should have lead the team for the handshake in a reasonable period of time. I will bet that should he ever win another cup it won't happen again.

Detroit showed a bit of a lack of class bailing to the dressing room. I can guarantee you won't get a handshake there.

I realize the losing team doesn't want to sit out there while the cup is handed off to the team they feel they could've/should've beat, but its not like they were partying for hours out there.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• I think the only thing Detroit did wrong really was Draper yapping that Sid didn't make it to the line after the fact and then the media pestering the players for their opinions on the situation.

I been either the captain or alternate captain on every team I played on since about age 7. I've been on the winning side of championships and losing side. The players on the ice congratulate their teammates (not coach, stickboy, medical staff) first and lead the line for the traditional handshake. As a captain it is considered YOUR team so in my opinion Crosby shouldn't have let his team go through half the opposing team without beeing there.

yes Crosby has the right to celebrate but AFTER the traditional handshake. If I knew it a age 8, and Sidney has won at every level of this game he too knows so I'm not buying the 21 yr old inexperienced captain dealio.

The whole thing is not a big deal but to me points to Sid thinking he's better than customs and traditions that every NHL captain before him did -- Sid will just do whatever he wants to do because...well he's Sidney Crosby
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

• You said it well Shawn. i think if Draper would have left it unmentioned that it would have been picked up anyway but not to the nit-picking degree it has been.

Sidney's answer to the whole thing was incredibly immature as well: "it's the easiest thing in the world to do to shake the opposing teams' hands after winning"

...so...why couldn't he do it?

He makes me ashamed that he's from Nova Scotia.
                My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

• Horseshit. If Crosby was voted ambassador to the world from Nova Scotia, I sure as fuck didn't vote for him and I would have remembered the referendum.
                  Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

• Love the "Top" Jimmy B addition. Good call!!!!
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Thanks Tommy. I'm digging the AIC lyrics - one of my faves.
                      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

• Apparently, all I know about hockey is this...

The Pittsburgh Penguins WON!!!!
                        Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

• I saw some pictures from someone who was at the Cup party at Lemieux's home. Just like 17 years ago, it made its way back into Mario's pool
                          What happened to the "keeper of the cup"...isn't there someone assigned to stop things like that from happening?

Comment

• I saw those too. Damn, Mario has one nice pad thats for sure

Sid needs to get his own place like that. I dunno about you but I were 21, a star and wealthy I certainly wouldn't be living with my boss
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Crosby built a monster of a home in an area near here called Peggy's Cove. That's where he lives in the off season. Does he still live with Mario?
                              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

• Yeah, he lives in Mario's guest house. Mario appears to have a pretty decent pad:

Looks like Hal Gill had babysitting duties:

As did Malkin:

Comment

Working...
                                X