X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
    i don't like his face-lol
    Now that's a solid case for disliking him

I see what you're saying Shawn, but I believe when someone's in the spotlight, the media and fans do have the power to magnify certain things into mythical proportions that then become "fact" to the masses. Certainly Sid has exhibited those triats at times, especially early in his career, but he really doesn't do so to any great degree these days so I can't see that he's doing anything to perpetuate the false reputations that he gets pegged with.

That said, perhaps some of this will stop now that Malkin (who I think is a more exciting, dynamic player) and Ovechkin (the NHL's new lightning rod for controversy) have stolen a major piece of his "star".

Comment

I'd love to see the Wings back in the Eastern conference where they belong Tommy...they are in the eastern tmezone after all. Travel can be a bitch for a lot of the teams but at least Chicago, Columbus, Minnesota, and Nashville and short hops for the Wings, having their own plane helps too. In a best of 7 in a 2-2-1-1-1 format that is a lot of travel if a series goes to 7 games
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Hey Tommy, what kind of odds does Atomic Books have on the Blues/Jacks game today?
        Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

Rupe, that is great deal of pressure of a young man to deal with. Being the face of the league whether he asked for or not is tough...tough to live up to being coined the "next one". Crosby is a great player, works hard every shift and doesnt avoid rough areas of the ice. People are going to want to se him fail and you do see a lot of stuff said about him that are really not true. Captains like Wayner, Mario, Stevie Y all whined too...they got free passes because most feel they earned it by delivering cups . When Crosby delivers the cup I think people will look the other way on the whine factor..
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Sidney who?

Pens - 4-3

Comment

6 minutes left
              Tankers-3
              Acheguins-4
              ---------------------
              I actually have that game at "pick em" Pat.
              Nah, I gotta put the Blues as a 1/2 (half) goal favorite since they're at home and playing for their playoff lives.
              Blues-3
              CFBJ's-2 in a shootout in the battle of the Free Masons
              Last edited by atomic charvel guy; 03-28-2009, 03:30 PM.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

0-5-2 you heard it here.

Comment

And so it ends. Pens finish up March an impressive 10-1-2.

Well said Shawn...I would think that's correct.

Hey Tommy, what's for dinner? :think:

Comment

Rangers go 9 for 9 on the penalty kill and still lose. wretched, absolutely wretched.
                    You can't play a game with that many penalties and get momentum going.
                    Then again the NHL is the "No Hit League" now unfortunately. The only rule I like that's been changed is the two line pass as it opens up the game nicely.
                    the 5 minute to Orr hurt even though no score from it.

I'm having drywall for dinner Rupert, punched a hole (third one, 2 -Ranger related, 1 -N.Y. Jet related) in the bedroom wall so far since November.

Comment

fleury was very good late in the third.

Comment

What do you think of that call Rupe? I don't think that should have been a 5 minute penalty. You have 3 bodies going to a spot, I think the linesman blew it.

Comment

I didn't think it should have been called...I think they looked more at the result than what led up to it. At least the Rangers got a 2 minute reprieve with the hooking call on Kunitz.

WTF was up with all of the Rangers blatent penalties though...they looked a bit bush league out there at times. They're better than that.

Comment

3-1 Blues at the halfway mark!!!

Comment

Go Pens!!!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Can I call 'em or can I call 'em-lol
                                Right on the money Pat
                                4-3 Blues in a shootout
                                the CFBJ's still pick up a point though after being down in the 3rd.
                                Bad day for the Rangers. They lose, Florida wins, Buffalo wins, and Montreal gets a point , and carolina comes back and wins in jersey.
                                Bad day indeed.
                                Bruins -Leafs was like a lacrosse game, fun to watch.
                                Flyers prevail in shootout, as do the Preds.
                                Wild down 3-2 in calgary, they need that win badly now.
                                Sharks tied at 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X