Me versus the Mice in my appartment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me versus the Mice in my appartment.

I'm sure you can recall my earlier thread about Mice in my apartment, due to the colder than usual winter those pesky little fuckers have set up camp in my kitchen due to the stove there providing them with heat and they feed off the scraps from my dishes.

This wouldn't be that much of a problem but they are noisy and they actually got into my flour and into my bread cabinet, prompting me to keep my bread in the fridge knowing that they can't possibly get in there.

Anyway, my cat isn't really of much help here since the mice hide between the cupboards and the stove and it simply is too narrow for him to get to them.

So today I went out and bought myself a couple of THESE

Which is an easier to set kind of mouse trap but none the less lethal to a mouse. Know your enemy and know yourself, so "the art of war" book says and I saw those mice walk a certain rout every single night so I knew that if I placed one of those traps in that particular rout I'd certainly get to them. I put some peanut butter inside the jaws and placed them in the spots where I knew they always go to.

Just ten minutes ago I suddenly heard a loud *SNAP* and some squeaking in panic, when walking over I found that me having placed the mousetraps in their usual rout was the winning formula: I caught a really fat one.

What to do with a mouse after you capture one? In my own case because I feel that killing animals is a sin I'd normally would release them outside the building but in the case of this mouse that would mean he'd die painfully from the injuries sustained by the mousetrap. So instead I decided to give him a sailor's grave and opened the trap above the toilet and flushed it.

So I'm feeling pretty stoked now, I'm winning my apartment back.

They say drowning is the most peaceful way to go.

Congrats on winning at least one battle.

They are likely to change their supply route now.

hehe

You know my best mouse story?

I have a kitchen garbage can, that I keep just next to my workbench in my basement.
    It was empty, except for a stray bit of crackers or something one night, so a mouse went exploring and went in to get it.
    Well, he couldn't get out.
    So, not long after, another one jumps in.
    After about 4 nights, I had 5 of the little fuckers in there.
    I just let them be, cuz I don't like killing either, but wasn't about to let them out so they could come right back in my basement either.

Well, after another day or two, one of them got hungry.

He killed and ate the others.

I didn't have a problem taking a log off the woodpile and dispatching that little fucker.

Sick huh?

:think:
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
      I always thought it was a bullet to the back of the head at point blank range.

Drowning is basically suffocation (asphyxia/hypoxia) and is very painful until unconsciousness sets in.

I have no issue with killing a rodent. They spread disease and shit everywhere.
      -Rick

Comment

I catch them in glue traps, stun them by smacking them against the wall, then asphyxiation in a plastic bag and down the garbage shoot. I am a dog person, but I have zero sympathy for rodents.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

hehe

I have a kitchen garbage can, that I keep just next to my workbench in my basement.
          It was empty, except for a stray bit of crackers or something one night, so a mouse went exploring and went in to get it.
          I just let them be, cuz I don't like killing either, but wasn't about to let them out so they could come right back in my basement either.

I didn't have a problem taking a log off the woodpile and dispatching that little fucker.

Sick huh?

that's fucked up!
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I have no problem killing rodents, dont like it but they should read the signs that deadly force is used here. When my home was construted the first winter we got a lot of field mice, they'd come in and eat the dog food in the kitchen. I stood gaurd a few nights with a hockey stick and lets just say I shot a few of them in to the boards, dead instantly...put em in a plastic baggies and in the outside garbage cans.

Every winter we get a couple of them come back, primarily in the garage but had to set a couple traps over the years in the house. Sometimes they come back, sometimes they dont.
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

When I was a callow youth of 19, on my adventures in California, myself and the people I was staying with arrived home one night, totally "refreshed", to find a couple of rats running about the house.

"No problem" says the bloke, "I'll trap them tomorrow"
              "No you fucking won't" says his Mrs, "I'm not going in there till they are dealt with"

He thinks about it for a while. "Hmmm, I know......" and proceeds to his gun cabinet.

I can assure everyone that shooting the living shit out of a house after a skinful of beer is fucking good fun, and did yield 2 dead rats, but the hangover and clear-up operation........well, I learned that traps are probably the way to go.
              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                I always thought it was a bullet to the back of the head at point blank range.

Drowning is basically suffocation (asphyxia/hypoxia) and is very painful until unconsciousness sets in.
                I don't know how animals feel but I'm not sure it's very painful to drown...
                the survivors usually say it's the best way to go... you can see and feel cool shit and whatnot
                most drowners don't breath in the water... they just hold the breath until they pass out (my brother who was a lifeguard says that too) and then "the cool shit" kicks in... of course you are gonna die eventually when you are in the water and there's no oxygen supply and the organism stops working but you wont feel it as you are tripping in your fantasy land or something...
                it's pretty easy to replicate the experience of drowning... we used to do it in sport camps and whatnot all the time... basically you run for a couple of hundred yards, do sit ups really fast etc. to get you exhausted and out of breath... then you take one big breath, hold it in and close your eyes... then someone or yourself squeeze your throat with both hands and then in some seconds you'll pass out and experience some weird shit... when you wake up (the others usually have to do it, I'm not sure it's safe to leave a guy like that for a long time) you feel like you are born again... it's the best feeling ever... that's something the drowners have experienced but it's a safe way to do it... somewhat. But there's no pain or anything like that involved unless you pass out and fall on a sharp rock.
                And I know guys who had competed who holds the breath longest in the water... some of them have passed out... but there's no pain at all.
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I used one of those traps and scored first try. Little bastard woke me up with some loud pitiful screeching! I took him outside, placed him ceremoniously on the ground and well, he never saw the shitstomper comin'. That is the end of my tale.
                  There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

hehe

Sick huh?

If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                      it's pretty easy to replicate the experience of drowning... we used to do it in sport camps and whatnot all the time... basically you run for a couple of hundred yards, do sit ups really fast etc. to get you exhausted and out of breath... then you take one big breath, hold it in and close your eyes... then someone or yourself squeeze your throat with both hands and then in some seconds you'll pass out and experience some weird shit... when you wake up (the others usually have to do it, I'm not sure it's safe to leave a guy like that for a long time) you feel like you are born again... it's the best feeling ever... that's something the drowners have experienced but it's a safe way to do it... somewhat. But there's no pain or anything like that involved unless you pass out and fall on a sharp rock.

Make sure you are wearing lingerie and have a carrot shoved up your arse too.
                      Best not to do it in a hotel room whilst alone, with a belt round your neck.

cough. Michael Hutchence.
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Rat Distortion Pedals
                        "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                          ...it's pretty easy to replicate the experience of drowning... we used to do it in sport camps and whatnot all the time... basically you run for a couple of hundred yards, do sit ups really fast etc. to get you exhausted and out of breath... then you take one big breath, hold it in and close your eyes... then someone or yourself squeeze your throat with both hands and then in some seconds you'll pass out and experience some weird shit... when you wake up (the others usually have to do it, I'm not sure it's safe to leave a guy like that for a long time) you feel like you are born again... it's the best feeling ever... that's something the drowners have experienced but it's a safe way to do it... somewhat. But there's no pain or anything like that involved unless you pass out and fall on a sharp rock.

Originally posted by Joelski View Post
                          I used one of those traps and scored first try. Little bastard woke me up with some loud pitiful screeching! I took him outside, placed him ceremoniously on the ground and well, he never saw the shitstomper comin'. That is the end of my tale.

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                          Make sure you are wearing lingerie and have a carrot shoved up your arse too.
                          Best not to do it in a hotel room whilst alone, with a belt round your neck.

cough. Michael Hutchence.
                          :ROTF:
                          Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post

Rat Distortion Pedals
                          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                          --floydkramer

Comment

I used to use a lil CO2 pistol for mice I'd catch in glue traps. For rats, a pellet rifle to the head.

A few months ago, I had a HUGE 10-11" long body (seriously) rat come out of my toilet... THAT was a freak out... My pitbull and I come downstairs in the morn and he usually is ready to head outside, but he beelined to the bathroom and started fighting with it. Heard the rat screaming, I ran in wonder wtf was goin on and saw it. I yelled umm, "wtf", dog ran thinking I was mad... It then ran at me to escape out the door and I kicked it back into the bathroom twice. That didn't kill it, and it ran and hid sitting on the toilet service line in the corner.

I was sorta half a sleep and in my underwear (not the best time to fight a huge ass rat, trust me) and immediately contemplated shooting with my Glock 17 as an appropriate solution, but then luckily I remembered I had a pellet rifle and used that. Only issue was it is scoped and dialed in at about 40-50 feet and useless in the house. I just had to sorta point it the thing and shot it about 6 times till it fell down, then I broomed it out and put one in the head to kill it.

This is the EXACT way that rat was screaming like when Coby had it trying to kill it. Play the video...

So I was out planting some trees in my garden this evening. All was good with the world, had managed to get the first cut on my postage stam...

Ugh... Seriously glad the female didn't experience that...

Comment

hehe

Sick huh?

+1

They did the same thing in my dog food. The dog food was down to the bottom and when I came home from vacation.. 4 dead mice where at the bottom of the dog food bin. 3 of 4 were munched on.. well the 4th was intact. Then I went to piss and there was a mouse floating face first in my pisser.. Must have wanted a drink of water after getting into the mouse poison.
                              2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
                              2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
                              2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
                              2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
                              2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
                              2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
                              2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
                              2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
                              2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
                              1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
                              1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Working...
                              X