Jenson in pole position!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bibz View Post
    I went to the melb gp last sunday, my first f1 race! Was fucking amazing, but had no idea what went on

I've since caught up, and its very interesting about the diffuser issue. It'll prolly get swept away, but I'd be pissed as hell if my name wasn't rubens/jensen/ross/branson. I thought they might have modified their cars a little to get massive speed in the testing period to attract sponsers, but now know that it's legit....for now.

I also can't help but think the writing was on the wall for honda years ago. The terrible engine reliability hampered all other performance, and I know brawn has the brains to set up the '09 season from not long into '08. Instead of working on the current car, get this years underway, knowing that the weakest link (engine) would soon be a thing of the past.

I like Button and really can't respect Rubens more, I hope everything gets sorted and theres a good 12 cars fighting for victories.

Yeah right, and I wish I didn't pay $65 for a fucking hat at the gp too!

Must have been a blast. I've never been to one, and with no Canadian or US GP anymore, it's doubtful I ever will. Well, not for a few years anyway.

As for the diffuser issue, I believe that they just found an intelligent way to exploit the rules, and there is nothing that can be done to prevent them from using it, until the rules are re-written. Besides, many of the other teams are already working on revised diffusers.

Personally, I'm glad that it's not just McLaren and Ferrari winning all the races as usual. It gets pretty fucking boring.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
      Personally, I'm glad that it's not just McLaren and Ferrari winning all the races as usual. It gets pretty fucking boring.
      +999999999999999999999999999999

no wonder some bazillionaires in Kuwait wanted to do their own F1 where all the cars would be equal
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Out of interest, what does everyone think will come of the rule changes for next year? I'm disappointed; I'm not a hard core follower, but I just don't quite the see point of racing where it is only about the winner. Why bother to finish 2nd then, when what was a good run as a season ending run? It's what makes motorsports interesting in that the most consistent has the best shot.

Also, I've always been bugged by McLaren and Ferrari. Both always cry when they don't win.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
          Out of interest, what does everyone think will come of the rule changes for next year? I'm disappointed; I'm not a hard core follower, but I just don't quite the see point of racing where it is only about the winner. Why bother to finish 2nd then, when what was a good run as a season ending run? It's what makes motorsports interesting in that the most consistent has the best shot.

Also, I've always been bugged by McLaren and Ferrari. Both always cry when they don't win.

I hope they scrap the whole idea. At first, I thought it made sense, and it most certainly would make for more aggressive racing especially towards the end of the season, but at what cost? It's too big a change to make. They really need to rethink it.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
            I hope they scrap the whole idea. At first, I thought it made sense, and it most certainly would make for more aggressive racing especially towards the end of the season, but at what cost? It's too big a change to make. They really need to rethink it.
            Just give extra points to the winner, that's it. I don't want to see some F1 pilot trying to crash the leader to help a teammate.
            Check my bands!
            www.myspace.com/magicktr
            www.myspace.com/sinif64
            www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
              Just give extra points to the winner, that's it. I don't want to see some F1 pilot trying to crash the leader to help a teammate.
              Sounds like an idea to me. Just change the points system to something like this:

1st - 20 points
              2nd - 10 points
              3rd - 8 points
              4th - 6 points
              5th - 4 points
              6th - 3 points
              7th - 2 points
              8th - 1 point

Comment

Yeah I absolutely agree with that zeegs. Consilation is not racing! Good enough isn't! It's why the new blood Kubica and Vettel and great to watch. It's great to see someone other then mclaren/ferrari doing well, but I've followed Raikonnen for too long now and want to see him get another title or two before packing it in. I don't see much changing in performance in this next race, and I still think kers is the biggest waste of time ever. Now that theres no fuel crisis noone gives a shit! Going to a motorsport event to enjoy green motoring is like turning up to a rock concert to enjoy a lack of tinitus. Speaking of loud, The Who rocked! They played at the gp after the race, to about 60,000 or so I'd guess.

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
                  Yeah I absolutely agree with that zeegs. Consilation is not racing! Good enough isn't! It's why the new blood Kubica and Vettel and great to watch. It's great to see someone other then mclaren/ferrari doing well, but I've followed Raikonnen for too long now and want to see him get another title or two before packing it in. I don't see much changing in performance in this next race, and I still think kers is the biggest waste of time ever. Now that theres no fuel crisis noone gives a shit! Going to a motorsport event to enjoy green motoring is like turning up to a rock concert to enjoy a lack of tinitus. Speaking of loud, The Who rocked! They played at the gp after the race, to about 60,000 or so I'd guess.
                  No kidding? FUCK!! I wish I was there. My favourite sport AND my favourite band.

Comment

So he's in pole again! A voice inside me says, this thread is going to live until the end of the season.. Go Jenson!
                    Check my bands!
                    www.myspace.com/magicktr
                    www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

AWESOME!! Damn, I hate waking up at 5am to watch qualifying though. I suppose in Turkey it would be on around midnight or so right?

Comment

Well not really, it was at 11.00 am or something like that
                        Check my bands!
                        www.myspace.com/magicktr
                        www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
                          Well not really, it was at 11.00 am or something like that
                          Really? I didn't think you were that far east of GMT. I need to look at a friggin map. :ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                          X