Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Support My Wife's Efforts

Ladies and Gentlemen,
    My wife is running her very first marathon on May 31st for an organization called Teams In Training. Teams In Training does fundraising for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society by training athletes for endurance events such as marathons and triathlons. To read more about Teams In Training or The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society please visit their websites at http://www.teamintraining.org/ or http://www.leukemia-lymphoma.org/hm_lls respectively.
    Teams in Training has set a fundraising goal of $4500 for my wife. We've been at it for a couple of months now and unfortunately are not quite where we had hoped to be. I know things are tight right now for most of us, but if this sounds like something you'd like to contribute to, every little bit is appreciated. Donations are tax deductible, and may be made through her fundraising website: http://pages.teamintraining.org/txg/...amiltonmcmahon.
    If this posting is not ok, the admins may remove it with my most sincere apologies.
    I am pasting below my wife's own words from her website:

Hi Friends and Family,
    On January 18, 2009, I challenged myself physically and mentally and ran my first half marathon (13.1 miles). It took six months of intensive training, but it was well worth it! Because, through this process, I realized how blessed I am with all that I have and how much I desire to give back to others.
    So I'm not stopping there! Now I'm on a mission to run the San Diego Rock 'N' Roll Marathon on May 31, 2009. Yes, I did say marathon...that's 26.2 miles!! And this time, I'm reaching beyond just a personal goal. This time I'm running for a reason. I have partnered up with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training program. Team In Training is the largest and most successful endurance program in the United States, and it's the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) signature fundraising program.
    All of us on Team In Training are raising funds to help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives. Every 10 minutes, another child or adult is expected to die from leukemia, lymphoma or myeloma. This statistic represents 145 people each day, or six people every hour. I am completing this event in honor of all individuals who are battling blood cancers. These people are the real heroes, and we need your support to cross the ultimate finish line - a cure!
    My goal is to raise $4,500 for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society by May 1, 2009!
    Please make a donation to support my participation in Team In Training and help advance LLS's mission to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and to improve the quality of life of patients and their families. You can make a tax deductible donation right on this web page! Or you can mail me a check payable to "The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society":
    Attn: Kelly Hamilton-McMahon
    P.O. Box 3213
    Spring, TX 77383
    Thank you so very much for your generosity, prayers and support! Please pass my home page link along to anyone who you think may be interested in helping. And be sure to visit my website frequently to track my progress!
    With love and gratitude,
    Kelly
Working...
X