Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

April fools joke that went over my head (Metallica Hall of fame)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April fools joke that went over my head (Metallica Hall of fame)

Ok so I admit I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the date when i read this.

http://www.411mania.com/music/news/1...erformance.htm

Major Details On Metallica's Rock Hall Performance
    Posted by Mitch Michaels on 04.01.2009

Band adds more bassists, Dave Mustaine's involvement and how the band plans to block piracy of the show...

With just who will be playing bass for Metallica's Rock & Roll Hall of Fame performance changing daily, 411mania is happy to finally put the question to bed for good.

Sources at the Rock Hall in charge of setting up certain sound equipment have tipped that they were instructed to mark off eleven different areas on the stage for bass rigs. The rigs arrived at the Rock Hall this morning and were marked as "J. Newsted", "R. Trujillo", "R. McGovney", "B. Rock", "C. Burton (Zombie Variant)", "Flea", "D. Grohl" (who knew?), "L. Killmister", "W. Murderface", "P. McCartney" and "J.P. Jones". The sound crew have been further instructed that, if Metallica decides to play any material from ...And Justice For All, the sound mix on all eleven bassists should be turned down to zero.

They've also been instructed to employ hi- and lo-pass bandfilters, just in case the band decides to incorporate material from Death Magnetic into the brief set.

In more news, the sound crew has been informed to prepare for a live video feed from Amsterdam, which will feature early member Dave Mustaine's band Megadeth playing in tribute to Metallica. The video will be displayed in a very small box in the bottom right corner of the screen during the telecast of Metallica's performance. Megadeth's sound feed will also be muted.

Finally, drummer Lars Ulrich made an announcement today that, in order to circumvent internet piracy of their performance, they are going to cancel the whole thing altogether.

Of course, today is April 1st. This could all change by tomorrow.

The part about all 11 basses being muted during Justice is what made me laugh when i woke up and realized it was april 1rst. The sad part is, it's not that hard to believe.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Oh...I thought Metallica getting into the Hall of Fame WAS the joke...my bad
    www.JerryRobison.com
    '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

Ummm, as I understand it, they were still auditioning bassists for AJFA during recording, and decided to leave the tracks bassless? Newstead got the job once the record was finished (as in, no more recording for it).

Anyhoo, I like it and don't miss the bass one bit.
      Getting plenty of low-end from the kicks and guitars IMO.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Partial @ Marshall View Post
        Oh...I thought Metallica getting into the Hall of Fame WAS the joke...my bad
        Actually, the Hall of Fame itself is the REAL joke.
        Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          Ummm, as I understand it, they were still auditioning bassists for AJFA during recording, and decided to leave the tracks bassless? Newstead got the job once the record was finished (as in, no more recording for it).
          I've never heard that one before!!..Jason was in the band for the recording of AJFA, remember the $5.98 ep was his debut which came out before AJFA, he also played on the final legs of the puppets tour

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
            I've never heard that one before!!..Jason was in the band for the recording of AJFA, remember the $5.98 ep was his debut which came out before AJFA, he also played on the final legs of the puppets tour
            Exactly. James' scooped guitar sound just took over Jason's bass frequencies on AJFA. Jason's bass sounded great on the $5.98 EP
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hmmm. I thought 598 came out after that. Or am I thinking Garage Days Re-Re?
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I think it was Garage Days, AJFA, then the 598. It's been so long and I've killed so many brain cells since then.
                My Toys:
                '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                '94 Dinky HX in Black
                '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Garage days was the B side to the 12" of Creeping Death in Europe (blitzkrieg and Am I Evil)

the only other reference to Garage days revisited was a bootleg album that came out in the mid 80's

Comment

Working...
                  X