No announcement yet.

Ebay fail for creationists.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I is therefore I be.... jive philosophy.
    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
      This disgusts me.
      After I clicked several links, I found ...

I can't stand it when people force their religious crap on others .
      ???

What happened to live and let live.
      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
        i think they spelled it that way on purpose??
        btw: Darwin spent the later part of his life refuting his own theories, and saying he was wrong.
        just an fyi...

i believe it far more plausable that we were "created" by a superior race of space travelers in ancient times by gene splicing (something we are now doing ourselves) to work as a slave race, or for whatever purpose.
        and were later abandoned, and here we remain.

Reference:

Reference:

Zecharia Sitchins' books are enthralling, you cannot put them down!
        Read the 12th planet, even if you have no patience to read a book (like me) i've read it many times.
        I don't treat it as scripture but rather hypothesis based on facts, and ancient writings here on earth for thousands of years.

The links i posted are some of a synopsis of some of these theories.

Weather you belive it or not, It's an eye opener to say the least.
        is this similar to Von Daniken?
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
          and the answer from the site I posted
          http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CG/CG001.html
          Schooled.
          Thanks for that.

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          is this similar to Von Daniken?
          Similar ideas, but he was also found to be fraudulent in some of his stuff.

I would find Sitchen to be more objective, but to me the ideas are sound and worth some merit considering what ideas we have been throwing around for the last few thousand years.
          Last edited by Trem; 04-06-2009, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
            ???
            What I mean is that they say their goal is to change people who believe in evolution into creationists. I just wish they would leave people alone and let them believe what they want. It's more something to do with something at my school lately where a parent tried to get one of my favourite teachers fired because he taught a bit of evolution. They filed a complaint saying he should teach only creation theory.
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I think they spelled it that way to avoid lawsuits. The Whole "For Dummies" series of books probably has a copyright or whatever on that term and the cover design.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                This disgusts me.
                I clicked several links, I found ...

I can't stand it when people force their religious crap on others
                ???
                What happened to live and let live.
                what he really meant is that those asswipes are so dumb that they stop at the stop sign and wait it to go green, they want you to buy their shit, they want to get your money, just like side show freaks who know that people pay an admission to see retards of the highest degree... and even though what they do is disgusting, we, who don't believe every lunatic, will not kill them unlike people like them who have been, for thousands of years, murdering those who have a different opinion.
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

When was the last time a Christianity-based group sanctioned the murder of non-believers? The Crusades?
                  When was the last time an Islam-based group sanctioned the murder of non-believers? 2001?

"Live and let live"!?
                  Why is it OK for Anti-Creationists to demand Creationism not be taught in school at all but Pro-Creationists are evil and stupid for demanding Evolution not be taught as fact?

Darwin's theories are not facts, they are guesses and opinions. To teach them as fact is ignorance-defined. Evolution cannot be scientifically proven any more than Creation, ergo, both must be taught as theory with equal credence given and none taken away, using the most-prominent historical texts on each theory - Evolution Of The Species by Darwin and The Bible.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    When was the last time a Christianity-based group sanctioned the murder of non-believers? The Crusades?
                    When was the last time an Islam-based group sanctioned the murder of non-believers? 2001?

"Live and let live"!?
                    Why is it OK for Anti-Creationists to demand Creationism not be taught in school at all but Pro-Creationists are evil and stupid for demanding Evolution not be taught as fact?

Darwin's theories are not facts, they are guesses and opinions. To teach them as fact is ignorance-defined. Evolution cannot be scientifically proven any more than Creation, ergo, both must be taught as theory with equal credence given and none taken away, using the most-prominent historical texts on each theory - Evolution Of The Species by Darwin and The Bible.
                    Wake up. There is a shitload of scientific evidence pointing towards evolution as a fact, and it's just a matter of time before it is proven beyond a doubt. Evolution is science. Creation is a fairy tale. This is the 21st century man. There are no dragons, no trolls, no boogeymen hiding in the closet.

The thing about being brainwashed, is that you never even know you were.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

aaa
                      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                        Wake up. There is a shitload of scientific evidence pointing towards evolution as a fact, and it's just a matter of time before it is proven beyond a doubt. Evolution is science. Creation is a fairy tale. This is the 21st century man. There are no dragons, no trolls, no boogeymen hiding in the closet.

The thing about being brainwashed, is that you never even know you were.
                        totally agree with you there
                        "Oh please, please dress as my sexy dead wife!" -

Comment

The only somewhat reasonable creation theory would be this: god created the wold accidently, by pooping in his pants, and we all are that shit
                          Last edited by Endrik; 04-07-2009, 09:08 AM.
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                            Why did you brought up christianity? Is it too vulnerable and ridiculous that you feel that all the attacks are about Christianity?
                            I don't know about others but I'm taking a piss on religious bigotry. Fanatics just piss me off. No matter what religion.
                            Creationism is a part of many religions but all their fanatical representers are nutjobs.
                            By the way all the major churches in my country don't deny evolution, they actually support it. Vatican doesn't deny evolution, in fact they are very science friendly and have their own labs. Most major churches in Europe aren't opposed to evolution. And I'm talking about real churches not cheap looking motels with crosses where all the bible thumping nutjobs get together.

"Live and let live"!?
                            I've never met an "anti-creationist" what the heck is that? But the fact that in history class the teachings and ideas of different religions are taught (yes taught not forced) is highly supported by every decent person I know and specially by those who are not religious.
                            Those who demand that people shouldn't be familiar with religious ideologies in school are stupid. Classes about religion in schools or universities are some of the favorites among non-religious people as they get a daily dose of humor out of it.

I'm not sure what you mean by teaching them as equal. As I said before creationism is taught mainly in history or religion class. Evolution is taught mainly in Biology class. They are totally different things. One is an opinion presented by religious people the other is something which is involved in science.
                            Do you want to teach religion in a biology class and biological mechanisms in history class? What's the point. It's as wise as teaching about Opera composers in soccer practice.

Then I don't get why people should use books written by Darwin???????
                            Darwin was a man who made the evolution theory popular. In historical sense that may be interesting but in science itself???
                            Science is about evolving, there's always some great scientist with a great idea but years later another scientist improves that idea and then someone else comes up with even better one etc. etc. What scientific benefit would people get if we would use the most primitive materials?
                            Do you want a car made using the technological ideas of 1910 or 2009?
                            Everything involved in evolution has been improved over many years.

As far as the bible goes it's thought as a book of religious ideas. Not sure how you can use it as a prominent historical text. Historical needs to use something at least somewhat factual. The ones who wrote the new testament never even met jesus. And all the stuff like virgin birth and some dude riding in a big fish maybe difficult to explain as something historical. Even Christians don't take the bible literally... well except some of those in churches which look like cheap motels... otherwise it would be kind of messy to kill everyone who works during a Sabbath or kids who talk shit about their parents. It would be at least billion people who would have to be murdered. Not sure how you can tell everyone that it's a fact that you have to kill so many people.

As far as evolution can't be scientifically proven more than creationism... may I ask what did you do during the biology class in the school if you even had one?
                            Evolution doesn't concern only about the human beings. Evolution is evident even during our lifetime.
                            It's scientifically proven that pretty much every organism mutates. Mutation is caused by genetics and environment. It causes the chemical elements to change in organisms.
                            Evolution is kinda the same thing only the mutation has to be pretty big so the outcome would be a new species.
                            My grandparents for example saw how a new type of oak was born. A decades ago a wind brought the seeds of oak across the sea from the mainland to one island. The environment in the island was different, the soil, the climate, the water etc. New type of oak started to grow. And it's scientifically proven.
                            That's one thing happened to in recent history where my relatives were eye witnesses.
                            It's one little thing happened to in a short period of time.
                            Now that we have all the technology to see the similarities between the DNA's of different species... finding more evidences in fossils etc. I'd say it's something more than just an opinion.
                            Otherwise it wouldn't be in the biology books. Just a crazy opinion doesn't go to a scientific book for school children.

And there's some extra reading but nothing beats the books.
                            Evolution is both a fact and a theory. Biologists consider the existence of evolution to be a fact in much the same way that physicists do so for gravity. However, the mechanisms of evolution are less understood, and it is these mechanisms that are described by several theories of evolution.

This article directly addresses the scientific evidences in favor of macroevolutionary theory and common descent. It is specifically intended for those who are scientifically minded but, for one reason or another, have come to believe that macroevolutionary theory explains little, makes few or no testable predictions, or is unfalsifiable.

Comment

It's threads like these that make me thank God I'm athiest.
                              -------------------------
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                                It's threads like these that make me thank God I'm athiest.

Bunuel fukkin' kicks ass

Comment

Working...
                                X