No announcement yet.

Ebay fail for creationists.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damnit, Endrik. There you go spoiling all the fun with your "logic" and "common sense"! Way outta line, my friend

re: the evolution thing. Records show that the human race is getting taller with each generation. This can actually be explained by one of two phenomena: either God is getting taller and therefore we (made in his image) are also getting taller; or, all the Earth's rulers & tape measures are devolving and getting shorter.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
      damnit, Endrik. There you go spoiling all the fun with your "logic" and "common sense"! Way outta line, my friend

re: the evolution thing. Records show that the human race is getting taller with each generation. This can actually be explained by one of two phenomena: either God is getting taller and therefore we (made in his image) are also getting taller; or, all the Earth's rulers & tape measures are devolving and getting shorter.

:ROTF:

Maybe gravity is getting weaker.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
        It's threads like these that make me thank God I'm athiest.
        The irony in that statement is pure gold. :ROTF:
        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
          what he really meant is that those asswipes are so dumb that they stop at the stop sign and wait it to go green, they want you to buy their shit, they want to get your money, just like side show freaks who know that people pay an admission to see retards of the highest degree... and even though what they do is disgusting, we, who don't believe every lunatic, will not kill them unlike people like them who have been, for thousands of years, murdering those who have a different opinion.
          Precisely what I mean. Thank you Mr. Endrik.

I'm an atheist. I have friends from every religion. They have no problem with me and I have no problem with them and what they believe. If someone has a problem with my lack of religion I just tell them it's all about perspective and how a person thinks. Usually they stop right there and don't proceed into an argument. If they do, I just counter them until they give up or tell them to drop it. It's similar to how I deal with people who attempt to make fun of the music I listen to.

It bothers me when people can't accept others because they aren't like them.
          "Dear Dr. Bill,
          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            "Live and let live"!?
            Why is it OK for Anti-Creationists to demand Creationism not be taught in school at all but Pro-Creationists are evil and stupid for demanding Evolution not be taught as fact?
            There are actually six theories as to how the world is created and how we got here taught. Creation is one of them. We also were taught the Aboriginal Turtle theory, Big Bang theory, as well as a few others. The Christian parent said to ONLY teach Creation. My teacher also acknowledges that Evolution is just a theory. He said it hasn't been 100% proven. Only 3 out of 4 steps in cell creation have been proven. Even my Biology teacher, whose whole class is based on Evolution, said that it's only a theory. She said if someone had an issue with Evolution that they should not take the class. We have dedicated Christian schools in my city. If parents want their kids taught that stuff then they should send them there, not public schools.

Darwin's theories are not facts, they are guesses and opinions. To teach them as fact is ignorance-defined. Evolution cannot be scientifically proven any more than Creation, ergo, both must be taught as theory with equal credence given and none taken away, using the most-prominent historical texts on each theory - Evolution Of The Species by Darwin and The Bible.
            Neither are stated as facts, just theories. We had a paragraph of notes for each theory as well as all the other theories. Sounds equal to me. If the Bible was taught, the Qur'an, Talmud, that Dianetics book (Scientology) as well as many other religious texts, including the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (Gotta love those Pastafarians) would also have to be taught in order to promote equality of religion.
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

When was the last time a Christianity-based group sanctioned the murder of non-believers? The Crusades?
              When was the last time an Islam-based group sanctioned the murder of non-believers? 2001?

"Live and let live"!?
              Why is it OK for Anti-Creationists to demand Creationism not be taught in school at all but Pro-Creationists are evil and stupid for demanding Evolution not be taught as fact?

Darwin's theories are not facts, they are guesses and opinions. To teach them as fact is ignorance-defined. Evolution cannot be scientifically proven any more than Creation, ergo, both must be taught as theory with equal credence given and none taken away, using the most-prominent historical texts on each theory - Evolution Of The Species by Darwin and The Bible.

Nice, i couldn't find a way to put it myself.

I think the main idea is that kinda shit goes both ways.
              Last edited by Trem; 04-07-2009, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X