Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are my pics sucky quality need help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are my pics sucky quality need help...

Check out these pics of one of my guitars. Why are they all crappy cell phone quality looking. My camera used to take nice quality pics is it something I am doing wrong or is my camera about to crap out? Notice the red and green fuzz to the pic... Is it a lighting issue maybe?

Or here view this album to see what I am talking about.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

I looked at the picture properties and your camera is shooting that shot at ISO 1000. If your camera has an auto-iso mode, shut it off and manually set the ISO as low as possible. This means your shutter time will be longer and hand shake may induce some blur, so you'll probably want to rest the camera on something or use a tripod.

The best solution is to add more light but the trick is to add more soft diffuse light, not a small sharp light, otherwise you get bright highlights that will cause the the camera to underexpose the rest of the image. Ideally take the shot near the largest window in your house during mid-day, but with the guitar out of direct sunlight. If the finish is dark and glossy you may need to hang up a dark sheet or blanket near the guitar to stop room reflections.

Buy these books...

You will thank me once you have read them.
    Last edited by Hellbat; 04-16-2009, 11:42 AM. Reason: bonus link
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I've always found that aiming a light fixture with a 100+ watt bulb up at a white ceiling into a corner of a room will help out lighting problems a whole lot, and because the light is a reflection off the ceiling, you have less reflections in your photos. This is not as good as natural lighting like through a large window or outside, but it does work good in hard to light environments.
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Thanks for the help it was all in the lighting.

Comment

Nevermind I am still having issues with blue green Fuzz.

Comment

Looking at the manual for your camera right now. Make sure you are not shooting in the ISO mode on the mode dial. Set it to P (Program) mode.

Open the menu and go in to the ISO menu and set it to 100 or 200. This will cut down on a lot of noise. All digital cameras produce color noise to some degree. Small digital cameras with small sensors will exhibit more noise than more professional cameras with larger sensors.

Also another factor that contributes to the noise level in the picture is the ambient/device temperature. Hotter = noisier. Green/Purple blotches is the most common form of digital camera noise. Thats because most of the noise occurs in the blue channel.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
            X