Any other shop owners here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other shop owners here?

Just wondering if there are any other small guitar/repair shop owners here.

Originally posted by atdguitars View Post
    Just wondering if there are any other small guitar/repair shop owners here.
    Not an owner, never ran a business before, but that thought has been on my mind heavy the past few months.

How is it trying to compete with all of the online competition that's out there now?

Not only do you have all of the big online retailers that can offer pretty decent prices on some things because they buy in such great quantities, but you've the Ebay market to contend with as well. I'd imagine that it must be hard to even stay afloat in such a niche market as a music store.

It is something that I'd like to do, but I do not want to risk my family's security.....if it was just me, no problem, but I got the wife and kids that would be riding on that wave if it came crashing down.

Still, I'd like to do something like that....its a pipe dream.....as in "put down the damn pipe and get yer head outta the clouds" LOLOLOLOLOL
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Well, I think if you were offering quality repair and set-up services, and offered more boutique type gear you would do more to differentiate yourself and get business. I'd think it would be pretty tough competing in the market where you are trying to shave thinner and thinner margins on $200 Ibanez/LTD's that the parents are buying their kids.

The problem being it is a lot harder to set up a revenue producing Rolls Royce dealership than a Kia dealership.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
      X