Goodbye Navy, hello CT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye Navy, hello CT!

Well, a mere 9 years and 8 months later, my "journey" in the United States Navy is finally over. Started my terminal leave April 6th, and have moved back to my home state of Connecticut.
    It still hasn't hit me that I'm really out (although I'm technically not til June 27th). I'm definitely enjoying the civilian life right now, though. Saved up 86 days of leave, so I'm having a nice little paid vacation for a while. Moved in with my girlfriend and her daughter, a nice little house in a quiet neighborhood. Quite a different setting than Hampton Roads, VA. Plan on putting my resume out in the next month or so and seeing what pops up. If nothing looks promising, I'll go back to school. I'm eligible for both GI bills, and apparently CT has a free tuition program for veterans. Just have to decide what I want to be when I grow up
    The last decade has been interesting to say the least. Seen the world, made some of the best friends a guy could ever have, and got a lot of experience in a good trade. It was hell at times, but I wouldn't change a thing.
    Well, maybe I would have said no to those shots of Absinthe in Portugal!
    EAOS: 28JUN09

Congrats and thank you for your service to our country!!!!
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

That's great man! I'd definitely consider the college or higher education option, it can enrich your life even further!
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

thanks for your service. My family appreciates it.

Comment

Definitely a big congratulaions, and a huge thank you for your service to our people. It is greatly appreciated by many.

Comment

Thanks for your time, and for what you gave to the country!
            We are still the best thing going, and it's because of those who serve.

Enjoy the adjustment back to normal life, and don't get bummed out when you have to shake your head and say WTF? at what passes for normal here these days.

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
            --floydkramer

Comment

Awesome. Thanks for your service!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
                Congrats and thank you for your service to our country!!!!
                +1 Good luck in your next adventure.

Comment

Bro..you're the man. I hope you stay focused, busy and goal oriented. I've been suffering from an axiety adjustment disorder since I had to retire. But I'm in pain ..so I can't really do anything. That's not your case I hope. Please enjoy yourself and your family..you more than earned it!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Congrats, thank you, welcome home and to your new civilian life (no more dungarees and silly dixie cups). Trust me, with the higher education benefits you've got going for you, take advantage of them. That's what I did many moons ago. This is the 'land of the free' because of the brave.
                    Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                      Definitely a big congratulaions, and a huge thank you for your service to our people. It is greatly appreciated by many.
                      +1000 (and my family appreciates it as well!)
                      Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words guys
                        EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Working...
                        X