Any fishermen out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any fishermen out there?

Anyone have a clue on Lake Norfork in Arkansas?

Thursday/Friday is the Annual Basscat Owner's Tourney at Lake Norfork in Ak and I was thinking about going down and fishing it, but haven't fished it in years and my buddies can't get away at the last minute.

Anyone in the area that knows the lake want to fish?

PM me if you want, don't have much time, so....
    Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Mr. Tooth, wanna buy a reel?
    "POOP"

Comment

LOL, I found about 10 I'd like to sell...

Wanna go fishing this week? How far is Mountain Home from you? Let's go bro! Oh and bring a couple of, ummm Mr G's female companions with ya, gets cold and lonely out there in the sticks!

Seriously, wanna go? You know you wanna!
      Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

Joking aside, several years ago, I met a man that had just built a house on Lake Norfolk. He told me it was an outstanding fishery for channel cat, brown trout, striped bass, and rainbow trout. It also has a good population of largemouth, smallmouth and spotted bass. However, he said bass fishing is tough because the bass love to suspend in deep, clear water.

This guy knew that I was accustomed to fishing structure in fairly shallow lakes and he told me that Lake Norfolk/Bull Shoals would make me want to pull my hair out. He did say that the best bass action comes from "feeder" creeks that run right up against vertical bluffs. He said to bounce a 4" tube jig or crawworm of the rock face and let it fallon slack line. Watch for a twitch because the "spots" and "smallies" hit the tube on the fall.

From pictures I've seen, it's mostly a wide open lake, so finding feeder creeks may not be that hard. If all else fails, to like other unfamiliar anglers and fish older boat docks.
        "POOP"

Comment

This past weekend as well as this upcoming weekend, I'll be house sitting for a friend who just left for a one month vacation. He had scheduled some construction and he wanted someone monitoring the work as well as making sure the house stayed un-occupied.

But hey, thanks for the invite. It's been a long time since I've been in that part of Arkansas, but I want to say it's a hard seven hour drive from my house. Since it's a manufacturer's tournament (Champion Boats used to have four tournaments a year), indulge in the food, drink, and freebie handouts. And if all else fails, keep your boat on the trailer and entertain the other fisherman's girlfriends!
          "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
            Mr. Tooth, wanna buy a reel?
            You still got some of them left??? Seriously.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              You still got some of them left??? Seriously.
              Yep, I still have a few. I think El Spiko is gonna take a few more off my hands, so he has first dibs.

I had this one jackass who wanted to give me $7.50 for the Team Daiwa reels and $5.00 for the Procasters. He then said "you want $35 for a reel that I can buy brand new for $119." I politely told him to head to Academy Sports and buy every one of the motherfuckers they had in stock! He's the kind of shithead you hope and pray that you see stranded on the lake and you're the only help for miles!
              "POOP"

Comment

Did someone say El Spiko?
                My El Spiko detector went off!

Go ahead and check out Marks list of goodies.
                It's gonna be more like June before I pick through the rest of 'em.

Note: The 4 or 5 I bought from Mark were in PERFECT condition and great deals (for reels!).
                "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                --floydkramer

Comment

I haven't gone fishin' much...but my face always used to smell like fish for some reason.:think:
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Were you using a little mouse for a lure, or your man-parts?
                    hehe
                    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                    --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                    X