UPS warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPS warning

I know some of you guys buy/sell/trade on here a lot, so this may be important to you...

We just had a UPS delivery at our store, and it arrived in a reused box. This is becoming more and more common in the retail world as distributors and wholesalers are trying to become more "green".

The driver told us that UPS can (and will) decline damage claims due to the recycled boxes not being original packing. I know it's difficult enough to find a box to fit the typical Jackson case, but you may want to take this information into consideration the next time you ship via UPS. It may be worth the extra time and scratch to find an actual guitar shipping box and save yourself a headache if the gorillas muck it up.
    Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Or better yet, just don't use UPS!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
      Or better yet, just don't use UPS!
      2nd that

Comment

UPS declines ALL claims first as a matter of course, because they fully own their insurance company and they try to beat all claims.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I quit using the UPS Store, not because of shipping damage, but their prices just kept getting higher and higher. Lord only knows what they'd charge if I actually let them pack the guitar. However, that's never gonna happen because I'm pretty fanatical about packing stuff well.

A buddy of mine in Florida convinced me several months ago that USPS was the best (and cheapest) way to ship. On Friday, I mailed a 35 lb. package (guitar/case/packing) and a another box with eight fishing reels and I sent them "3 day delivery" to New Hampshire. Total cost including insurance $59.00. I'll find out tomorrow how they arrived, but you can't beat the price.
          "POOP"

Comment

UPS will deny claims over $100 for just about any reason they can think of.

Comment

Working...
            X