Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Living under a rock is awesome!~F Pop Music!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never heard of Kings of Leon.

Muse has some cool songs though. My wife has a couple of their CDs.
    Scott

Comment

Bill,you are not alone.Man,where I come from,you better not drag that crap onto a stage and play. The crowd would kill you.Oh,another wonderful band my daughter says is great. "Thriving Ivory". I could'nt stop laughing and she got mad and went home.........
      Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

See the Killers are another one where I don't get it. When I hear them come on I find myself yelling "FUCK I THOUGHT DISCO DIED!"

The bass/drums/keyboard are full on disco. And where I live they play it on rock stations. The same rock stations that railed against disco in the late 70's / early 80's. Looks like it's time to get a new Death to Disco tshirt made up.

Here is Killers as god intended..

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
          The bass/drums/keyboard are full on disco.
          :think::think::think::think::think:

Disco's instrumentation and vocals were incredibly complex specially the rhythm section which included some of the best musicians in history. The Killers aren't even remotely similar to Disco.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
            See the Killers are another one where I don't get it. When I hear them come on I find myself yelling "FUCK I THOUGHT DISCO DIED!"

The bass/drums/keyboard are full on disco. And where I live they play it on rock stations. The same rock stations that railed against disco in the late 70's / early 80's. Looks like it's time to get a new Death to Disco tshirt made up.

Here is Killers as god intended..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwY3Ftfdy6M
            This type of music is as fad'ish as disco, but that's where I'd finish the comparison. Now Maroon 5, straight up does some BeeGees inspired disco - but it's pretty cool for what it is.

If older U2 leaves leaves you cold, then the Killers will too. For many of the same reasons. I personally can't stand 99% of anything U2 did. A lot of decent stuff early on, and some real junk/hype, but they can hook some folks.
            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Yeah my bad on the Killers, I was actually thinking Franz Ferdinand when I was making the disco call. I am starting to hear disco influences in a lot more modern "rock" though.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I'd love to hear some modern rock bands who would play and sound like this

"There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Horns, there is a girl who works at my local gym who I have been trying to poke for years. I've tried being nice, nasty, I've offered to pay, I've begged, I've pleaded, I've offered her my fucking Jaguar, but still no luck.

She's as fragrant as a very fragrant thing, looks superb without makeup, is as pure as driven snow and has the most superb figure. She has succumbed to my charms and sent me pics of her norks, but that made my yearning worse. I've discussed, in depth, buggery and BDSM, my desire to have her sit on my face, and the great idea that she become a lap-dancer and me her manager. (I took her out to a club once - she made all the women there look like shit-scrapes.)

How I ache to put my filthy grubby mitts all over her milky white skin.

She LOVES the Kings of Leon. Even I wouldn't dare tell her that they are shit, I'd have absolute zero chance of prising her knickers off (as opposed to virtually zero, as now). Take the tickets, meet the band, tell them the world's most beautiful woman and the world's most depraved deviant need tickets for any UK shows and get their flunkies to arrange them. Then I will be THE MASTER and she will verily kneel before me and gargle my jizz.
                  Um, I mean, I could propose marriage and we'd live happily ever after.
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Not such a great band. Not my style at all.
                    "Dear Dr. Bill,
                    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Man, I lasted not even 30 seconds listening to that stuff. Me, I am about as underground and reclusive as possible. I like to stick to the stuff I dig. Right on Rev. B.- Got anymore metal I might want to check out?

Comment

Working...
                      X