Heaven and Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heaven and Hell

Just picked up the new Heaven and Hell CD and so far I'm not as impressed as I'd hoped I'd be. Granted, I'm only 3 songs into it so hopefully it'll get better, but that old sabbath groove seems to have given way to "let's just make s**t up as we go."
    Prosecutors will be violated...

Same here. There bits and pieces I like, but I can't imagine listening to it much. Dio's singing is too similar in a lot of parts.
    "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

I really like it, but most people seem to be on your side with it. haah
      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Yeah, it's a bit mundane and it all mushes together. It's heavy but there's nothing really catchy on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
          I really like it

same here...ive been listening to it a lot these past couple weeks.

Comment

I did the download of it awhile back and glad I did.
            If I would have bought it I'd shot myself.
            Nearly every song (there are some exceptions but not many) pretty much sounded the same.
            The production was good, vocals were good, the grind/gain on the guitar was good, song writing just wasn't there for me.
            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Ok, now that I've listened all the way through a couple of times, there are a couple of good moments on here. No real gems, but some decent stuff in places. I have to skip past the first two songs, I can't even stand to listen to them, (What's up with that spider to the fly bullshit anyway?) but the rest at least, is listenable and not bad to have in the background. My god... I never once thought I'd hear myself say that about this lineup... I had such high hopes of yet another great album from these guys.
              Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Working...
              X