new game in your local record shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new game in your local record shop

go in and when no one else is looking move all the Nickel Back records out of METAL and into pop and general music. They just don’t deserve to be there.
    no sig.....

"Record shop"? Hmmm, no......ah wait a second, I remember them, shops that sold records, right? Sorry matey, none of them left round here, only those shithouse sheds that sell stacks of CDs.

I remember in the good old days, when I were a lad, going into the local proper independent record shop and stashing "Ride the Lightning" in the Children's section because I couldn't afford to buy it (being a mere 14 yrs old, and having to buy Becks at £1.02 per pint. Shocking!). I knew that only one other person in town, my mate Dave the Cardboard Box, would be interested in it, and he got more pocket money, so if I didn't stash it, it'd be a bastard to find again. Them wuz the days that buying anything apart from Iron Maiden LPs meant a trip to Birmingham to the big city to buy "hard to find" stuff. Or Shades records in London, a real Mecca for rock fans, always had the new American stuff, or upstart new bands like Metallica.

The bloke in the other record shop in town was fucking cool, he'd grab new stuff he thought we'd be into, picture discs, ltd editions etc and hold them for us little metal heads until we could pay him. He even kept us the "One" singles that were supposed to be all recalled because of some fuck up on the pressing. We used to hang around there after school and listen to Slayer and all these other new-fangled thrash bands ("Eeh, that's not fucking music, that's shit. Play some good stuff like Rush"
    "Fuck off grandad, this is the future")

You don't get that at Tower Records do you? You kids today don't know you're fucking born....etc etc.

Incidentally, who the fuck are Nickelback? Some sort of new band are they? Aye, I bet. And shit as well, I shouldn't wonder. Eeh, when I were a lad, all this were fields round here.....
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

What's a record shop? You can't deny that any of us would give both testicles (except Jeri) to playing in a band like Nickleback and making that kind of money. Unless you're satisfied living in a van down by the river.
      "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
      I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

I'm not a fan of Nickelback, but their new stuff is heavier than the older songs. Just saying.

Comment

I was just thinking about Nickelback this morning in the shower... don't read into that.

And I thought - now there's a completely successful, completely forgetable band that won't even remembered in 20 years.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

there's a better game, "Let's put Nickelback into a metal festival in South Europe and let's see what happens"

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I've never seen Nickelback in the metal section over here. If they put it there, the NB fans would never find it, having to head in to the scary unknown of black tshirts, long greasy hair & dudes who could've stood to steal a can of deodorant on their way to the store.

Stores on your side of the pond must classify it differently over there.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                there's a better game, "Let's put Nickelback into a metal festival in South Europe and let's see what happens"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5tBJ...eature=related
                at least when asked is there any rock fans he got his answer
                "Oh please, please dress as my sexy dead wife!" -

Comment

Stores in Lancaster don't even have a metal section. Everything is lumped into Rock/Pop.
                  Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                    "Record shop"? Hmmm, no......ah wait a second, I remember them, shops that sold records, right? Sorry matey, none of them left round here, only those shithouse sheds that sell stacks of CDs.
                    Vinyl records have made a comeback. My local record store rocks, and I buy some new stuff on vinyl once in awhile! Here's their website.
                    www.vvinyl.com
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nickleback is in the pop/rock section in the local stores here.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by gotwtt View Post
                        at least when asked is there any rock fans he got his answer
                        He asked if they wanted to rock. They rocked him instead. I don't see an issue.

We have an awesome independent record store here. It sells all kinds of weird crap and has more records than CDs.
                        "Dear Dr. Bill,
                        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                          And I thought - now there's a completely successful, completely forgetable band that won't even remembered in 20 years.
                          Like 99.9% of the new bands today. There will never be another KISS, Aerosmith, Eagles, Rolling Stones etc.
                          "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                          I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
                            There will never be another KISS, Aerosmith, Eagles, Rolling Stones etc.
                            Thank-fucking-God!

:ROTF::ROTF:
                            Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                            Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

I like Nickelback and to set the record straight... they have been making records with hit songs on them since 1996. Thats 13 years and they are still coming out with music that people want to buy and radio stations want to play.
                              I can think of a ton of 80's metal bands that were around for much less time than that.
                              A flash in the band soon to be forgotten band comes out with a few songs, a few albums and within 3 years they are gone.
                              Three Doors Down is doing the same thing. Hit after hit... year after year. Solid writing, solid production and a solid band foundation.
                              You guys talk about NB as if they were a 1 hit wonder.

Comment

Working...
                              X