Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

100 Asshole degrees today and my band rehearsed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 Asshole degrees today and my band rehearsed.

Well it's nearly June so it's not that surprising that summer temperatures are coming again and today we found out that our rehearsal space isn't really that suited for rehearsing with that kind of temps.

But let's go back six months, after rehearsing at the "Muziek Gieterij" for over two years and enduring ongoing bullying during that time, we were falsely accused of theft and shown the door. Now the space at the "Muziek Gieterij" where we used to rehearse was awesome, full Marshall stacks, Ampeg Bass amps and the room itself was forty by forty foot which was properly heated during winter and properly air conditioned during summer, it was paradise.

So after we got booted out of the "Muziek Gieterij" we found a place to rehearse elsewhere which is a small building that doesn't even have a second story and a flat roof. The rehearsal space is not even 12 foot by 12 foot so it's very cramped and we have to play over old malfunctioning amps and a gnarly drumkit.

Take in mind what I stated: our current rehearsal space is 12x12 and it has a FLAT roof, now take in mind that it was 100 degrees outside and the sun is shining directly on the roof. We were being cooked alive in there. We all took a lot of drinks with us but it wasn't enough. As I'm typing this down, it's five hours after I got home and I'm still light headed and feeling extremely unwell because of that. And according to the forecast, this hot and humid weather will continue for two weeks.

I hate summer.

find a new place. you will die - unless you want a band of skull crushing zombies - find a new plcae.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Ummm, not sure about Europe, but we have these things called electric portable fans. They're neat. You plug them in to a wall outlet and the blades turn and circulate air, cooling things down.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        Ummm, not sure about Europe, but we have these things called electric portable fans. They're neat. You plug them in to a wall outlet and the blades turn and circulate air, cooling things down.
        Brilliant!!

Comment

Consider it as prepping for big outdoor festivals and venues.. Malfunctioning stuff, heat and humidity affecting you and your gear, being completely miserable while all the while pretending your happy to see all your adoring paying fans.
          And yeah.. invest in some electric fans..and a new place to practice where you use your own gear.

Comment

Originally posted by atdguitars View Post
            Consider it as prepping for big outdoor festivals and venues.. Malfunctioning stuff, heat and humidity affecting you and your gear, being completely miserable while all the while pretending your happy to see all your adoring paying fans.
            And yeah.. invest in some electric fans..and a new place to practice where you use your own gear.

Part of your outdoor gig gear should include electric fans. Look into the larger Shop Fans as well. They push a lot of air. Takes a truck to move them, but those are rented easily enough. As long as you've got the truck, get the generator to power the fans.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              not sure about the fans but a couple of days ago I saw topless girls with big palm tree leafs for sale
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I'm sitting here reading this with my Central Air on, wearing a sweatshirt, sippin' Iced tea while laughing my fuggin' chilly nuts off..:ROTF:

Then Matt, Jeri, and Endy put the cherries on my sundae..

Blazer too bad you live so far away. My rehearsal space downstairs is 30' X 15' and the coldest room in the house..equipped with PA, Marshall stacks, Bogner, furniture, TV, work out station and an old PS1, and plenty of comic relief.

Shave your head and your balls..your body temp will stay much cooler, and that's a scientific fact!
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

A neatly shorn noggin is the best thermometer there is.
                  "Dear Dr. Bill,
                  I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                    A neatly shorn noggin is the best thermometer there is.
                    Absolutely!! Save the noggin' Blaze...chicks and gay dudes will LOVE you!

..and I know this. I had some "pretty" dudes hit on me. Dudes that hot chicks could only dream of having. So I KNOW I got da goods!!:ROTF:

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Horns666, sometimes it's hard to believe you're a cop.

Seriously, your jokes are NOT funny when you're suffering from heatstroke as I am now. I went to the doctor today because my complaints about being light headed and feeling unwell didn't subside at all. He told me that I suffered a light heatstroke.

Heatstroke is NOT FUNNY okay?

As for the others: yes we DO have fans there, and yes we DO know what an airconditioning is, the guy running the place actually removed the airco from the space because it cost him 600 bucks a month in the electric bill. Coupled that an overhead fan is not an option with a ceiling which is only 6 foot from the ground, people could get injured with a fan hanging that low. And the rehearsal space is too small to store our own gear in and frankly how many of you guys would just leave their gear unattended for a week? The gear we use in that space sucks but at least it saves us from hauling our own gear around every fucking week.

Comment

Blazer, sometimes it's hard to believe you're a man. I can smell your sweaty vagina from here.
                        Listen, we ALL played on 150 degree stages and dives until we felt like passing out. We just don't whine about it like some fuggin' pussy! Wah ..wah..wah..keep ranting of your insignicant, self-induced pity parties.

Until you've had REAL problems beyond your control. Like a kid who's sick, or a wife that's gravely ill, or your 10 year old dog just passed away..take your drama to your momma!

You should be happy whenever I'm on one of your threads, It's the only time people care to read them. Hmmmmm ever noticed that? At least Fett appreciated that because it brought a little life to the party.

Dude, it's simple. You could never be someone like me..and THAT angers you. I don't anger you, but THAT angers you.

Heatstroke...Stroke my balls!

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
                          Horns666, sometimes it's hard to believe you're a cop.

Seriously, your jokes are NOT funny when you're suffering from heatstroke as I am now. I went to the doctor today because my complaints about being light headed and feeling unwell didn't subside at all. He told me that I suffered a light heatstroke.

Heatstroke is NOT FUNNY okay?

As for the others: yes we DO have fans there, and yes we DO know what an airconditioning is, the guy running the place actually removed the airco from the space because it cost him 600 bucks a month in the electric bill. Coupled that an overhead fan is not an option with a ceiling which is only 6 foot from the ground, people could get injured with a fan hanging that low. And the rehearsal space is too small to store our own gear in and frankly how many of you guys would just leave their gear unattended for a week? The gear we use in that space sucks but at least it saves us from hauling our own gear around every fucking week.
                          That Horns666 guy got me to shave my balls because he said it will help with the heat a few posts above.

Now I chafe.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                            That Horns666 guy got me to shave my balls because he said it will help with the heat a few posts above.

Now I chafe.
                            It's all about the gold bond bro.

Swampass is a bad, bad thing to endure!
                            Last edited by Joelski; 05-26-2009, 12:25 AM.
                            There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Now I chafe.
                              I'm sorry..dude.get some cold cream. Put on a coat wait 30 minites and give it second coat!! That's what I do..

Just for info. The author of this thread put my profession into question because of my lack of empathy for his stupidity. I strongly advise him to see how I react to people with REAL problems. People who paid their dues and got a shitty hand and deals with it like a man.

A bro who has ALOT more problems than a fuggin' sweaty ballsack..

BTW Next time Blazer singles me out. I'm going so far in him..surgery will be required to seperate us.

Comment

Working...
                              X