RIP Grandpa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Grandpa

My Grandfather (89) passed peacefully in his sleep last night. Even though it's a blessing as his health had deteriorated quickly over the past month, it's still hard when the actual moment arrives. He was a cool guy...lifelong steel worker in Ambridge (near Pittsburgh). Our big activity for many years was fishing together, although its been a long time since we actually made it out. RIP Grandpa...you'll be missed!!!

Sorry for your loss.
    "POOP"

Comment

Sorry to hear this, bro. It is good to know you had a beautiful relationship with him with many good memories that will help you get through this tough time. God bless.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that man, my condolences.
        Originally posted by horns666
        The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss bro. You're in my thoughts.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Keep him as a presence in your life and not just a memory. Your family is in my thoughts.
            Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Rupe, my condolences go out to you and your family.
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

I'm sorry Rupert, that blows. At least you got to spend a good amount of time with him. I never got to met my grandparents on either side.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Thanks everyone...I truly appreciate the kindness. What makes this whole ordeal more difficult is that my wife's Grandmother passed away the day before and my 18 year old recent highschool graduate son is moving to AZ in a few weeks! Our household is an emotional wreck right now

Comment

Rupe,

I feel your pain. I too lost my grandmother. Her health had been failing and suffered from dementia. She was at a point in her life were she didn't recognize her own family and was becoming very paranoid. It's difficult to deal with the death of a loved one even when you know that they are in a better place and no longer suffering. At the very least you'll always have some happy memories and great stories.
                    Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

I'm very sorry for you and your family. This is a very sad moment. Time will heal the pain but your love for him will never fade.

Take care man.
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

My condolences to you and your family.
                        "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Sorry for your loss,Rupe. My grandfather was a steelworker from Pennsylvania,Ohio and surrounding areas.I only met him one time as a kid.I'm really glad you got to spend time with yours.Godspeed.................................... .....
                          Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

My condolences, Rupe. Sounds like grandpa was a good guy. RIP.

Comment

At least you had a relationship with your grandpa, never knew either of mine.

Just recently lost both of my grandmas...you just have to cherish the memories you have

Comment

Working...
                              X