No announcement yet.

The Dog Days of Summer MLB thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how would you like to be a Cleveland Indians fan right now? Sabbathia and Lee
    starting game 1, both Indians not long ago. It's got to hurt.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
      its gonna be a good series, sadly I know little about the Phillies (and National League)other than they can put up some runs and I like Ryan Howard, good kid, good attitude, competitor and a helluva paycheck..lol
      I'm the same with the American League. Been an NL fan for as long as I can remember. I don't plan on changing it either.

Comment

• got any questions about either team? let 'em rip.

Comment

• power pitching wins in October...who has the advantage?

who has the better bullpen?
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Who's gonna get their ass handed to them on a paper plate with no napkin?

Comment

• Yankees have a better bullpen, but if Joba or Hughes implodes then that evens itself out. Of course, Lidge could be as good as last year or pull a Byun Yung Kim in Yankee Stadium. It will be a great series either way. Phillies have not lost a Game 1 in their two playoff years (2008 and 2009). We'll see if the Yankees can break the streak.

CC will pitch three games if this goes 7.

Tommy...imagine Burnett in Game 5 having to bat. Bottom three of the Yankees's batting order would be Cabrera, Molina and Burnett. Ouch...although Cabrera looked good in the ALCS.

Comment

• you won't see Molina catch AJ in Philly, not with AJ batting.

Comment

• Good luck tonight Tommy and Shawn.
                  GO PHILLIES !!!!!!!

Comment

• Game 1...big mouth Rollins predicting Phillies in 5. Vegas money on the Yankees. Most of the analysts are picking the Yankees.

Comment

• If you bet the Yankees, you have to bet $190.00 to win $100.00 with the Books right now, so that's basically 2-1. The more Phillies yapping the better as far as I'm concerned. I do not like most of the analysts picking the Yankees though, that's the real kiss of death.
                      All of them on MLB network picked the angels, then picked the angels to come back after game 3, then picked the angels to come back after game 5, etc. etc.
                      They also picked the cards, and the dodgers after that. phillies have flown under the radar for being the defending champs and all. this is going to be a bloody series.

Comment

• its hard to win it all, harder to do it twice and get back there to go for back to backs...Phillies deserve the credit, they are still the champs are defended well.

He who makes least mistakes wins
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

• If the yankees can win game 1 tonight, I think they have a great chance to beat Pedro in game 2.

Comment

• I've been trying all week to find something to hate the Phillies for but I have been unsuccessful. This is a heavy weight bout up on us. Ryan Howard is a well spoken guy, I say game two is an offensive explosion for both teams. tonight should be a tight game as far as pitching goes, but who knows? If I did i would be in vegas.

Comment

• Last minute hopeful good luck stat, even though it means nothing for tonight-
                              Yankees vs. Cliff Lee:
                              A-Rod 5-15 2 HRs
                              Tex 9-23 HR, 4 2Bs
                              DJ 11-27
                              Georgie 6-21 2HRs
                              Swish 6-18
                              Melk 3-11 HR

Cano 4-18, 3Ks
                              Damon 2-22

Comment

• tommy, you'll find something to hate after tonight...lol
                                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                                X