No announcement yet.

The Dog Days of Summer MLB thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They haven't been that good at the plate this series. They have a lot of guys pressing right now, and I think they will be ultra aggressive tonight trying to get a win and stay alive. Will AJ be able to use that to his advantage? Let's hope so. I don't like the Yankees lineup with Molina in there, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Gardner is going to get on once or twice tonight and be disruptive with his speed. It'd be really ballsy for Girardi to sit Molina, tell AJ to suck it up, and let Posada catch. Posada's bat has been on fire.

Comment

• I'd rather run the risk of losing tonight against Lee and coming home strong with aJ on full rest. The only way the Yanks win tonight if gaudin is pitching is if they hit Lee hard, which is highly unlikely anyway no matter who you throw, so why not go home strong. If AJ implodes tonight, the Phillies have the Yankees on the run with the lack of rest for their game 6 and 7 starters. I hope I get proved wrong. AJ on full rest at home is a no brainer. Andy and CC on 3 days is not a good call. Too good a lineup with the formiddable Phils.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Lee will eat Gardner up tonight. The Yankee lineup is weakened significantly with aJ throwing.
        i want Posada's bat in there too, pitch Gaudin and roll the dice.

Comment

• You touched on it earlier...you throw Gaudin out there Girardi is saying both to the Phillies, and his own team, we can't beat Lee unless we're lucky. He doesn't believe that, and neither do his guys. They want it, you can see it in their eyes. All those guys who have never won a WS - ARod, Tex, CC, Joba plus the core 4.

All I know is I wish I could get a slice of NY pizza, and a cold one to watch the game tonight!

Comment

• I want a slice of NY pizza almost as much as the World Series. Philadelphia Pizza, any east coast pizza as compared to out here-lol

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
              I want a slice of NY pizza almost as much as the World Series. Philadelphia Pizza, any east coast pizza as compared to out here-lol
              Amen to that brother!

Comment

• I like Phillies but the fact that Yankees made the Angels fans look like they slept on hippo's sweaty balls all night is priceless.
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• you like everyone i dislike just to bug the fukk out of me

Comment

you like everyone i dislike just to bug the fukk out of me
                    I hope it wold be like that but I can't bring myself to hating the Knicks or Rangers... so you get off pretty easily pal
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• there's no getting off easy with me, no matter what side you're on.
                      damned if your with me, damned if you're not.

Comment

I want a slice of NY pizza almost as much as the World Series. Philadelphia Pizza, any east coast pizza as compared to out here-lol
                        Hah, Im up to my knees in the stuff 5 nights a week. I throw it in the garbage at the end of each night. I could go for some of that Cali sunshine.

Comment

you like everyone i dislike just to bug the fukk out of me
                          I thought that was my job???
                          What's your take on this article?
                          Last edited by atdguitars; 11-02-2009, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• no way dude, you are a baseball traditionalist, and i respect your views highly as they are honest, even though it's for the wrong league-lol
                            Endy on the other hand just loves to rile me up, and then listen to me on the phone after it just for kicks. He's not vested in it at all, it's strictly for his entertainment and my coronary that's coming.

Comment

• But what about the Vietnamese?

Comment

• I don't like the lineup change either, especially on the road when the pitcher wastes an at bat to begin with. Posada should catch...
                                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                                X