No announcement yet.

The Dog Days of Summer MLB thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankees could use only 3 starters the way the series is set up Jake.
    CC could pitch game 1, then game 3 on 3 days rest, and game 7 on full rest, that may be the smarter move then throwing gaudin against the Angels who have smacked him around pretty good. It all depends on how CC pitches in game 1.
    If he doesn't have to throw 120 plus pitches, and holds them down, Yanks may be better off throwing him 3 times. This is gonna be a rough series.
    I don't think the Angels will throw Lackey on short rest, so CC would face their number 3 starter in game 7.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
      The New York Yankees vs. The Los Angeles Anaheim Santa Barbara Santa Ana San Bernadino Angels of Los Angeles Orange County- Fri. start.

i have a 5 game losing streak with the Yankees out here Shawn, most likely will not go unless my boss scores tickets and brings me, still might not go even then.
      Yes i will go if the aforementioned happens, otherwise, I've spent all of my money on the sports packages on T.V, it was that or buy a house, I went with the packages-lol

Tommy
      Ya gotta go and take out that 'rally monkey' for me. Ann and I still have reoccuring nightmares watching that thing jump on the outfield screen...
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

• rally monkees, thunder sticks, towel waving kooks, sushi, it's all a disaster.
        yankees are gonna stick that rally monkey right up their ass!!!!
        I am happy to report that I did not see one towel in Yankee stadium against the Twins.

Comment

• Drunk Selig is a douche. The weather forecast is not looking good in New York this weekend. If there's a rainout then they'd have to start Gaudin in the 4th game I guess. Bud "Drunk" Selig is married to Fox though and has to start it on friday. Should have started today if you ask me. both teams swept the 1 st round, get them back on the field today 2 days later. Selig has to go, he blows.

Comment

Drunk Selig is a douche. The weather forecast is not looking good in New York this weekend. If there's a rainout then they'd have to start Gaudin in the 4th game I guess. Bud "Drunk" Selig is married to Fox though and has to start it on friday. Should have started today if you ask me. both teams swept the 1 st round, get them back on the field today 2 days later. Selig has to go, he blows.
            Yeah, I like the plan for the 3 starters in this round but with a possible rainout it all goes to sh*t. We will see what Mother Nature has in store for the Yankees-Angels.

And donf...I hate that damn rally monkey! We're going to pull a Faces of Death on that stupid monkey. Bash his brains in and eat them for lunch!

Comment

• man...forgot to take my meds today...lol

Comment

• that's cuz I stole them.............

Comment

• lol...

So Tommy...what do you think about all this talk that the Angels are going to run wild on Posada?

Comment

• Originally posted by jk2171 View Post
                    lol...

So Tommy...what do you think about all this talk that the Angels are going to run wild on Posada?
                    I think the Angles are going to take it all.. But I also believe in the Easter Bunny, and the world will end in 2012.. That halo cloud over russia was the UFO's bringing in the "clones" that will replace the real angels and allow them to dominate.

Comment

• I'm feeling better about this series at the moment-

The Angels have 6 players in the top 50 SB leaders.
                      The Yankees have 5 players in the top 50 SB leaders.

The Angels have 2 players with 25 SB or more.
                      The Yanks have 2 players with 25 SB or more.

The Angels lead the AL in getting caught stealing.
                      The Yanks are 2nd in NOT being caught stealing.

Posada (2nd in the AL) threw out 31 base runners.
                      Molina threw out 9 base runners.

Yankees - 40

Napoli threw out 21 base runners.
                      Mathis threw out 18 base runners.

Angels - 39

The run game is the same. Fuck worrying about THEM running. We have Pettitte and the Hefty Lefty.

THEY need to worry about US running on them, need to turn the mojo tides on this headache Angel team. it's going to be a tough series any way you slice it.

Comment

• Phils beat the Dodgers in game 1 !!!!!!

Comment

I'm feeling better about this series at the moment-

The Angels have 6 players in the top 50 SB leaders.
                          The Yankees have 5 players in the top 50 SB leaders.

The Angels have 2 players with 25 SB or more.
                          The Yanks have 2 players with 25 SB or more.

The Angels lead the AL in getting caught stealing.
                          The Yanks are 2nd in NOT being caught stealing.

Posada (2nd in the AL) threw out 31 base runners.
                          Molina threw out 9 base runners.

Yankees - 40

Napoli threw out 21 base runners.
                          Mathis threw out 18 base runners.

Angels - 39

The run game is the same. Fuck worrying about THEM running. We have Pettitte and the Hefty Lefty.

THEY need to worry about US running on them, need to turn the mojo tides on this headache Angel team. it's going to be a tough series any way you slice it.
                          Damn, Tommy...you are the stat master! Can't wait for Game 1 tonight. Weather looks to be ultra-crappy heading into the weekend.

Phils looked tough against the Dodgers last night. Kershaw did not have it at all.

Comment

• Well, we can all throw the stats right out the window come playoff time-lol
                            Was just trying to feel a little more confident, i'm sick of the headache angels.
                            I messed up and missed the game last night. I guess neither pitcher had it working for them.

Comment

• Yeah, Hamels was struggling too last night.

I forgot to thank you for making me feel better with those stats as well. I'm sick of the Angels having the Yankees's number. The end to that starts tonight.

Comment

• let's hope so, weather permitting.

Comment

Working...
                                X