No announcement yet.

The Dog Days of Summer MLB thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm ready...bummer about the rainout last night...
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

• I'm watching it.. Swish just popped out.. I don't think the new haircut is going to help him..might get him on Idol though. Aybar looks human tonight.I guess the lease on his dreadlocks were up.
      I'd like to see the Angels force a game 7.
      Good luck to everyone.

Comment

• Exactly how many ways can you give away a game?????

Comment

• Ding dong, the rally monkey is dead. No more thundersticks, rally monkeys, monkeys bashing thundersticks together, a very greasy win, but as always i'll take it.
          Did I tell you guys Scott Kazmir is a head case or what? I mentioned that a ways back in here. Thought Arod should have gotten co-mvp with CC, but who cares.
          oddly enough, the Yankees worked Saunders out of the game by the 4th, and then they went to sleep at the plate after that. It's a good thing Andy held them down.

wed. Night. Game 1
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Star of the game- Robinson Cano. 3 amazing plays in the field to save the day.

Comment

• welcome back to the World Series Tommy! (and Yankees)
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

• thank you shawnny boy, this is gonna be a tough world series .

Comment

• o.k, I'm taking heat from Angel fans how the Yankees are "Walmart" and that they bought the American league title again, blah blah blah................

FOR THE LAST TIME-
                  ----------------------------
                  Baseball is a business, that is obvious. What is wrong with trying to put the best product that you can on the field? The Yankees write a check for over $100 million plus to the other owners who are not in the financial position the Yankees are. And what do most of those owners do with that money? They pocket it rather than put it into their team. If Budweiser sells more beer than Miller during the fiscal year, do they send Miller a large check? No, they do not. Does Maybeline send Max Factor a check if they sell more makeup? Fukk no. The Yankees are damned if they achieve, damned if they don't. Fukk you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• That 100 million plus check is not revenue sharing, all teams are involved in that process, it's for blowing past salary caps. I call it "Yankee Tax". All of MLB spends up to the limit and stay at that area in order to avoid the tax. The Yankees blow right past that with reckless abandon and pay extra for it. Is that a fault of their own?
                    You still have to execute on the field, and until this season, where did that overspending get them in the last 6 years in terms of a chance to win it all? Nowhere. Do the Yankees have an advantage? Yes they do, no team can offer the bucks they can, this goes back to when they bought the best player in MLB history, Babe Ruth, from the Red Sox for $125k to finance a play that the Red Sox owner needed to fund. And if you don't think Babe Ruth is the greatest of all time, I'd love to prove you wrong.

Comment

• spend it if ya got it. Money helps but it doesnt mean you'll win

you could always have a cap and have parity like the NHL.
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

• you got that straight.

Comment

• Yanks in 6 again, Tommy. Count on it.

Comment

• People who love saying the Yankees buy championships fail to realize that when they won four in 5 years in the late 90s, all of that talent was from the farm system. When they started signing free agent megastars is when they didn't win at all. This is the first year that they spent a lot and got a something in return. And I'm with Shawn...if you got it, spend it. All of the other teams get a check from revenue sharing. Whether they spend it on their team, or their owners put it in their pockets, is the difference between Steinbrenner and every one else. And let's not forget that Arte Moreno spends just as much as the next guy.

Comment

• I'm not counting on anything, the Phillies are the champs right now, and the schedule is not as forgiving as the ALCS was.
                              I'd love to throw CC and Andy in games 1 and 2 to try and neutralize the big lefty bats of the Phils but to do that Andy would be on 3 days rest and that's not in the cards right now. Gaudin will be pitching game 4 or 5, if there is a slight edge at all, it may be in the bullpen towards the yanks, who stumbled a bit against the angels, but every team's bullpen has stumbled so far in the playoffs this year. i think this is going to be a bloody series.

Comment

• its gonna be a good series, sadly I know little about the Phillies (and National League)other than they can put up some runs and I like Ryan Howard, good kid, good attitude, competitor and a helluva paycheck..lol
                                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                                X