No announcement yet.

The Dog Days of Summer MLB thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some great banners out for Pedro last night too. One was a pic of Darth Vader with the NY logo on his helmet that said 'Still Your Daddy'.

My favorite was the one that said 'Your Daddy Got a New House'.

Comment

• does Joba jizz on his hat before the games? lol

Nice to see them go replay/review on A-rod's shot and reverse the crackhead umps call on the field for once.

I'd would have liked to see a CC/Lee rematch tomorrow. HUGE pivotal game....
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Last night was a momentum changer. Andy with an RBI! A-rod goes long. Godzirra again. Heck, even Swisher finally got into it.

And agreed - Phils are nuts for not putting Lee out there against CC again. Tonight's game could be the series.

Comment

• there is no clock in baseball guys, let's not jump the gun.
          Sabbathia vs. Blanton is an advantage for the yankees. Cliff Lee has never pitched on 3 days rest before, but I could see the Phillies beating the Yanks tonight, and the Yanks turn around and beat Lee tomorrow. Anything can happen. if Cano can wake up at the plate and Tex and Swisher stay warm, then I'd say the Phillies are in trouble, the yankees scored a ton of runs this year, but Cole Hamels is not the same, and I'm not gonna get too overconfident after beating them once with him on the mound. Blanton needs to keep this game close. What scares me is this is one of those sucker bet games today that always bite you in the ass, the whole world will bet on Sabbathia and it goes awry. Seen it happen more often in football, but the Phillies are just too good for me to think it's a gimme at all.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• What a game of ups and downs. the Yankees are tough to put away, Damon really showed a lot there in the 9th and the whole game as well.
            Still a lot of work to do, but the biggest difference between the two teams so far is-
            Yankees have Mo "Game Over 42" Rivera, and the Phillies do not.

Lidge was pitching well until Damon stole 2nd and then 3rd in the same play while they shifted over for teixeira. With Damon on third that takes away Lidge's best pitch, his slider, in fear of a wild pitch. He hit tex, and then arod pasted a a straight fast ball. Posada's hit was huge too right after. Wild game until that rally.

Comment

• that was a helluva AB for Damon in the 9th, he fouled off severat pitches to stay alive before getting a hit. Heads up base runing too.
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

• I must go on record as saying this game today is the toughest call of the series.
                You can't pitch gaudin against Lee, that's almost like a forfeit. Then again, is it impossible that Guadin gets through 5 or 6 innings? No it is not.
                By pitching AJ, he's going on 3 days rest. he's 3-0 in his 4 starts on 3 days rest in his career. Those numbers mean nothing in regards to today. What I don't like about pitching AJ is that you have to put in Molina to catch him, he's a great catcher but has no bat. Posada out. Melky is out, there's 2 bats. AJ pitches, and because they're in a national League Park, he has to bat, that's 3 bats gone, Matsui has no knees, so he will not play right or left field. That's 4 bats gone and against Cliff Lee no less.
                If the yankees are going to go into this game without some guns, why not save AJ for game 6 on full rest, with Andy and CC for game 7? It's a good debate.

Comment

• Yeah, I think the Yanks probably lose this one tonight, Tommy. Going back to the Bronx, and then we wrap it up in 6.

Comment

• How about that strike zone last night? It wasn't a ball unless it hit the dirt or the batter.
                    Scott

Comment

• The homeplate Ump was all over the place for both teams.
                      He's supposed to basically come up with his idea of the strike zone in the first inning or two and stick to it. Not float around like a butterfly on Angel Dust.

Comment

• I thought it was BS warning both teams after Phillies hit A-Rod for the 3rd time in 2 games....let em pay back the favor

AJ vs. Cliff should be a good tonight... who knows, it may not be the low scoring game you'd think it would be...both could get schallacked
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Oh, I think Yanks will get to Lee this time. Better than the first game, that's for sure. But the Phils will probably get to AJ - and the bullpen - even more. Not going to be a low-scoring game. ...That's my unedumacated prediction, at least.

Comment

• Yankees are playing with house money right now, you have to pitch Gaudin, if AJ loses tonight on three days rest, then you have Pettite on 3 days rest for game 6, and CC again on 3 days rest for game 7. Girardi is taking a big gamble tonight, I don't like it one bit. Not to mention the lineup that it alters.

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                              I must go on record as saying this game today is the toughest call of the series.
                              You can't pitch gaudin against Lee, that's almost like a forfeit. Then again, is it impossible that Guadin gets through 5 or 6 innings? No it is not.
                              By pitching AJ, he's going on 3 days rest. he's 3-0 in his 4 starts on 3 days rest in his career. Those numbers mean nothing in regards to today. What I don't like about pitching AJ is that you have to put in Molina to catch him, he's a great catcher but has no bat. Posada out. Melky is out, there's 2 bats. AJ pitches, and because they're in a national League Park, he has to bat, that's 3 bats gone, Matsui has no knees, so he will not play right or left field. That's 4 bats gone and against Cliff Lee no less.
                              If the yankees are going to go into this game without some guns, why not save AJ for game 6 on full rest, with Andy and CC for game 7? It's a good debate.
                              That's my feelings on the dilemma as well, Tommy. Very tough call to make, but I think the biggest thing is that if you put Gaudin in then you are insuring you will have to use your bullpen just to try and stay in the game. I think Joe G would rather keep the bullpen fresher for a Game 6 or 7 if necessary, and is counting on AJ keeping us in the game for 6 - 7 innings. Quite honestly, AJ has the stuff to go throw 8 shutout if he's on. I think Lee will come back down to earth tonight. Pitching in an elimination game is WAY different than pitching Game 1 mentally. I wouldn't be surprised if Lee pitches well and the Phillies win, but I think the Yankees smell blood in the water, and have a very good shot at wrapping this up tonight.
                              Last edited by jk2171; 11-02-2009, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• I understand that thinking Jake, but the Phillies are too good at the plate to see 3 days rest from every starter of the Yanks.
                                All of the middle relievers are rested, Robertson, Aceves, I don't like AJ starting tonight. I don't like Melky being out either.
                                Now, after having said that, AJ asked for the ball tonight, that I do like. Cliff Lee said I'll pitch whenever you want me to to Manuel, but it's not the same as "give me the ball".
                                That's the only factor in the Yankees favor tonight. But i'm still against this move of throwing AJ tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X