Rob Halford bent over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob Halford bent over

So I'm watching the video for Exciter on Headbangers Ball from the Unleashed in the East DVD. Its recent-ish footage. Rob sings the entire song all hunched over-like. What's up with that? Is that how he sings now? I don't remember him singing like that back in the day.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

He's' getting old like the rest of us.

BTW- just replaced both power and output tranys on the JTM.
    Frikin monster tone-especially through a 4x12.
    Strat God Music
    http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

He sings like that all the time now, barely moves and even holds onto a stick in the Rising In The East DVD IIRC. He looks absolutely terrible, like he's about a hundred years old.
      Still sounds good though!

I have to be honest, whn I saw the thread title, I assumed this was going to be about something else.
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I had to check the author name to make sure it didn't say Rsmacker before clicking :ROTF:
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Strat God View Post
          BTW- just replaced both power and output tranys on the JTM.
          Frikin monster tone-especially through a 4x12.
          Awesome to hear! I always liked the sound of that amp - it had a big sound for what was a "budget" Marshall.
          Blank yo!

Comment

Looks like I wasn't the only one nervous to open the thread.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
              Looks like I wasn't the only one nervous to open the thread.
              Oh, you guys are all sick!

gotcha!
              Blank yo!

Comment

Okay, good. I'm not the only one who thought of something else when I read the title.

I noticed that too when I saw Rising in the East. He's almost statue-like and never looks at the crowd. Only the ground or the stage.
                Last edited by Ben...; 06-14-2009, 08:50 PM.
                "Dear Dr. Bill,
                I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

He's older and people expect him to hit the high notes. I beleive he does that, especially during the screaming parts. Maybe it seem to open the diaphram so he can belt out the best banshee wails he can muster. It looks like he's really trying and focusing doing that in that position.

That's what my singer told me. Otherwise he's struggles and strains trying to stay in that range...which is very demanding for his age. My singer and even Ripper Owens does this on occassion..so there maybe be something to this.

I kinda like his latter stage presence..instead of jumping around sporting suspenders and a mullet. That certainly wasn't very "metal"..
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I think some of that is due to him reading the lyrics off a prompter.
                    "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

as far as him being bent over to help the guy sing, I dunno. But seeing ozzy perform since the early '80s(this guy waddles like a duck). And I for one am very glad that Kieth Richards isn't a singer:ROTF:
                      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                        And I for one am very glad that Kieth Richards isn't a singer:ROTF:
                        She's my little rock n' roll... her tits and ass are so...
                        Blank yo!

Comment

He also was the singer with "the expensive whino's" his solo group.
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                            She's my little rock n' roll... her tits and ass are so...
                            Always liked that song.

I saw Priest a few months back, and Rob sounded great. He wasn't running across the stage or anything, but he wasn't planted like a statue either.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              I had to check the author name to make sure it didn't say Rsmacker before clicking :ROTF:
                              Hey, HEY! That's libel, dammit!

OK, maybe I did think to myself "I don't remember posting that......"
                              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                              X