X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Shows

List your top concerts !
    Check-it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMKmQmkJ9gg

Haven't been to tons and tons of shows, and my enjoyment of the even was directly correlated to my chemical makeup at the time, but I'll say, my fondest memories:

- Clutch & CoC tour - saw a bunch of their shows; driving down the the Troc in philly after a show at Irving Plaza was a good time

- Stones on the Steel Wheels tour @ Shea - my first concert

- Rage Against the Machine & Cypress Hill @ Rutgers '93
    - Korn, Biohazard, House of Pain @ Rutgers '94 (insane pit during Biohazard, Korn was laughable then and still laughable)

- Iron Maiden - Somewhere Back in Time @ Meadowlands & MSG '08 (close enough to feel the heat from the fires pits during Powerslave
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
      Haven't been to tons and tons of shows, and my enjoyment of the even was directly correlated to my chemical makeup at the time, but I'll say, my fondest memories:

- Clutch & CoC tour - saw a bunch of their shows; driving down the the Troc in philly after a show at Irving Plaza was a good time

- Stones on the Steel Wheels tour @ Shea - my first concert

- Rage Against the Machine & Cypress Hill @ Rutgers '93
      - Korn, Biohazard, House of Pain @ Rutgers '94 (insane pit during Biohazard, Korn was laughable then and still laughable)

- Iron Maiden - Somewhere Back in Time @ Meadowlands & MSG '08 (close enough to feel the heat from the fires pits during Powerslave

Now I get you ideal of sustain
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
        Now I get you ideal of sustain
        Come again?
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

i went to that show at shea too Turk. I was numb-lol
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

1. Def Leppard - Glasgow Barrowlands, dunno what year, it was for the "X" tour. The Darkness were supporting, Leppard were fucking ON FIRE.

2. Iron Maiden/Anthrax - Edinburgh Playhouse - 1991 I think that was. I was only 14

3. Jethro Tull - Glasgow - Last year. Took the wife, who hates Tull. She loved the show, was blown away by the wee old guy ripping up the guitar (Martin Barre).

4. Sacred Reich/Atrophy - Glasgow College of, er, boats or something, fuck knows - er...1990 probably? My first gig. They were great, both of them. On the "American Way" and "Socialized Hate" tour.

5. Kreator/Death - 1990 again I think. On the "Coma of Souls" and "Human" tour.

I still listen to ALL these albums now BTW! Even the Atrophy one!

My most disappointing live show was Sepultura, on the Arise tour. Don't know why, but it was a shit gig, and I LOVED those guys at the time, got them to sign my album, sold a "State of Euphoria" picture disc to get bus fare to the gig. And they were still shit.

Band I wish I'd seen?

XENTRIX!
            Last edited by MartinBarre; 06-18-2009, 02:57 PM.
            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

KISS/Bob Seger - 1976

RUSH/UFO - UFO stole that show, bigtime.

Deep Purple/Ted Nugent/Lynyrd Skynyrd - Ted and The Rednecks should have stayed home.

Whitesnake/Scorpions/Dokken - Coverdale showed the wannabes how to rock!

KISS - 1996 Reunion Tour

Eagles - Hell Freezes Over Tour

Elton John - Solo

Don Henley - Solo
              "POOP"

Comment

KISS - All of them
                VH - 1984
                Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood
                Scorpions - Love At First Sting
                TSO
                Then - Ratt, Ozzy, and the rest of the 80's bands that I saw.
                "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

In no particular order:

TSO
                  Dark Tranquillity
                  Opeth (Damnation Tour)
                  Roger Waters
                  Radiohead

Way too many to remember, so I kept it to 5.

Worst:

Neil Young and Crazy Horse. They played 11 songs and didn't say a single word to the crowd.
                  Last edited by Musician78; 06-18-2009, 07:59 PM.
                  "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

The ones that stick out.

Ozzy on the BATM tour with Crue opening.
                    Ratt IoYP cant remember who opened.
                    The Ramones when Dee Dee was still in the band.
                    Alice in Chains when they opened for Iggy Pop. Actually everytime (4 total) I saw them was awesome.
                    GnR opening for Alice Cooper (we left shortly after Cooper went on)
                    Pantera playing at Metal Works (small club) in Arlington in 88-89ish.
                    Black Crowes at the Basement in 90 I think. If someone opened I was too high to notice.

Comment

Maiden powerslave tour
                      Metal Masters last year
                      Anthrax Among the living tour
                      Megadeth Peace sells tour
                      GNR Appetite tour
                      Why hunt ... when there is no machine gun season?

Comment

Iron Maiden - World Slavery Tour '84
                        Judas Priest - Defending the Faith tour - felt the heat from the flame pots.
                        DLR with Vai and Sheehan - Eat Em And Smile. DLR came up on a platform in the middle of the floor behind everyone during the Vai/Sheehan solo. Krokus opened. One guitarist had a glow in the dark guitar, and they cut the lights right after the first song so you could see it. Didn't improve their songs any
                        Alice Cooper - Raise Your Fist And Yell. I think GNR opened?
                        5-hour Metal Meltdown thingy - Accept, Helix, Keel, and Lillian Axe (before they got signed - they were the local act opening for the name bands).
                        I went for Accept. The others were just filler IMO.

Other shows of note:
                        Cheap Trick/Uriah Heep - 1982, my first concert - still got the shirt
                        Crue/GNR on the Girls/Appetite tour
                        Ozzy - Ultimate Sin (saw this one twice, actually - once in Biloxi MS and the other in New Orleans)
                        ACDC/Queensryche - Who Made Who tour. 'Ryche had horrible live sound.
                        Stryper/Rocketboy - In God We Trust tour. Woulda been better had it been longer, and had more people in the crowd. Turnout was so poor they let the people in the seats onto the floor. Some drunk guy tried to get a mosh pit going. Rocketboy sucked. Hadn't heard anything of them before that or since then, but their lead guitarist had a total junker (Charvel Model something IIRC) that kept cutting out when he'd switch pickups. Rhythm player popped strings off his Byrdland or whatever he had every song. Maybe it was a bad night for them, but since I've never heard of them since then....
                        Stray Cats - dunno what happened, but Setzer seemed a bit miffed.
                        Y&T with somebody. Dokken I think. When Y&T brought out the huge Metal guy in the purple Speedo, it was sick. When the lights reflected off the big Metal guy (basically a giant walking mirror), it was agony.
                        Twisted Sister - Stay Hungry. Dokken opened. Jeff Pilson got wrapped up in his cable and fell over. 2 weeks later in Biloxi, Lynch did it. Next month, they were advertising Nady wireless units in Hit Parader. This was of course after denouncing wireless as tone-robbing and stating they'd never part with their 100' long custom stage cables :ROTF:
                        W.A.S.P. on their first tour, opening for someone.
                        Whitesnake with Campbell and Vandenburg. I think they opened for Crue?
                        Also saw Crue on the Theater of Pain tour. Can't recall the opener.
                        I wanna say I saw Quiet Riot, but can't recall.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Ratt and Motley crue in '84 at the beacon Theatre in New York.
                          $10.00
                          Kiss-First concert -11 years old, Destroyer
                          VH '78 through Fair Warning tours were the best
                          Sat 5 feet away from Stevie Ray Vaughn on the side of the stage at the Pier in new York.
                          Seeing les Paul in the basement of fat tuesdays in new York.
                          there's so many, i can write forever.
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Iron Maiden- 666 Tour last year San Juan
                            Whitesnake & Great White- '86
                            Scorpions & Bon Jovi- '84
                            Kiss & Ratt- '83
                            Blue Oyster Cult- Halloween night '83
                            Van Halen & Alice in Chains- '91?
                            Dream Theater- Scenes From a Memory tour
                            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

KISS 1979 w/ Judas Priest
                              Black Sabbath w/ Pantera
                              Guns and Roses w/ Metallica and Faith no more
                              KISS 1982 on the Creatures of the night tour
                              Alice in Chains first tour opening for Extreme

Dang I can't remember them all.....
                              H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X