EVH vs. Nike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH vs. Nike

Eddie is now suing Nike. Given their design I think he has a case.

Link

What's next? Larry Dimarzio suing anyone who wears two cream colored sneakers at the same time?
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
      What's next? Larry Dimarzio suing anyone who wears two cream colored sneakers at the same time?
      HA HA HA!!! That's awesome!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
        WTF? I think he has a good chance of winning, the shoes do look very similar...
        I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

I'll put money on Nike this time...
          Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

I hope I never get wealthy enough that I have teams of lawyers that live for nothing but pursuing people 'stealing' my ideas.

The true sad part of this story is that you can patent/trademark/copyright a bunch of random stripes on a solid background.

I'm going to trademark the comma. Then all the people on the internet that don't use punctuation will have me to blame for their shitty grammar...
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I'll look for a link but I'm pretty sure EVH has his own line of sneakers(officially licensed).
              Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

that didn't take very long at all
                High & Low Tops featuring Eddie Van Halen's iconic stripes! Officially licensed. In stock.

I'm no lawyer, but I'd side with Ed on this one!
                Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I thnk Ed has every right to protect his copyright.

Comment

This is just a piss match. I think it's pathetic that someone can copyright a phrase or even a bunch of random lines.

Although I see where Ed is coming from, my money is on nike, they have more cash and probably more lawyers.
                    Originally posted by horns666
                    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Ed apparently needs money since he hasn't put out any new music in over 10 years.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        Ed apparently needs money since he hasn't put out any new music in over 10 years.

..and you can't even count that. VH III was an abortion. So besides a couple luke warm songs w/ Dave on the Best of Vol 1, and a couple cool ditties on the Twister sound track. The last decent VH effort was 1995's Balance.

So, how many of you WANT these shoes!! The price for these fuckers prolly doubled now.
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

VH III I thought was okay, but Gary tried too hard to do his Sammy impression. Balance and FUCK both kicked ass, though!
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

VH III I thought was okay, but Gary tried too hard to do his Sammy impression. Balance and FUCK both kicked ass, though!
                            Yep!!

Comment

I love those two..we learned alot of that material, but didn't get to play most of that..since we were strictly a dave era. We did play Judegment Day, and The Seventh Seal on occassion...oh, and "Dont Tell me with love can do"..drop D. That was their MTV "hit" at that time. The creative juices and fire was still there on those two.

I didn't like VH III at all. That one really disappointed me. Sure there's moments of coolness, but a very poor VH album really...IMO.

I like Humans Being. That was the the song that caused the rift between Sammy and Ed over lyrics. They broke up over the phone because of it.

Weird I always kinda hear a DLR-ish delivery in Gary Cherone ..especilly in color me blind. He kinda sounds like Dave in parts. I thought he would be a better fit than Sammy in VH, but he wasn't. Like Blaze in Maiden...both cool in their own bands tho.

Anywho, I can see the blatant similairuty with Nike's design. It's three colors..red, black and white. But being that it's just around the 3/4" sole..pretty hard to actually get "lines"..this will be interesting. My guess is Ed will receive a some sort of lump settlement, and the shoes will be produced ..especially if they sell well. Or they may say fuggit and pull the line.
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X