No announcement yet.

The I Hate Baseball Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I played baseball from 1st grade all the way through my second year of college. Coached Little League, coached both womens and men's softball teams. I'm not gonna say that watching a game is boring, it's just that it's not really my cup of tea.
    "POOP"

Comment

Not too shabby there Mark.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Tommy, the last game I attended was a minor league game here in Shreveport (Shreveport Captains). My son wanted to get some autographs on a very old glove (my first), so before the game, we headed down to the dugout. There was some drunk loud mouth trying to impress his girlfriend and about every other word he used was "fuck."

After a couple of minutes, I turned and told him to calm down, that there was a youngster hearing every curse word he said. He proceeded to jump up in my face and I instinctively corralled my son behind me. A player grabbed numbnuts and sat his ass back down before the situation escalated.

We went back to our seats and it wasn't but about 10 minutes later, a batter fouled a ball high behind the dugout. Old numbnuts jumped up, arms stretched to the sky yelling "I got it, I got it!" The ball passed right through his hands hitting him square between the eyes. He dropped to the ground as if he'd been struck by lightning!

As the paramedics started to haul him out, the player who had sat numbnuts down hollered at me to look at the guys forehead. The ball had left a perfect imprint of the seam!
        "POOP"

Comment

A Rawlings tattoo?-lol That is poetry. there's always at least one headache fan in the stands, that's a given. Good 'ol alcohol, you can count on it everytime. Sorry that happened but the end result could very well be worth it.

Comment

good thing you never brought your boy to the right field bleachers in the old yankee stadium-

A Red Sox fan with a video camera makes his way through the Yankee Stadium bleachers during 2004 ALCS Game 2, and the Bleacher Creatures show him no mercy.UP...

Last edited by atomic charvel guy; 06-24-2009, 03:48 PM.

Comment

I remember the summer of '78 when I wrestled freshman year. Van Halen was new..pussy was new..titty fuggin' was new..blowjobs were new..weed was new..and I just started playing guitar/bass..and earning a paycheck. I saved that money to buy nice rides, gear, guns and my first house in '86. Then I moved in with my hot yound bride in '87. I never watched a sport event in my life except for Toughman, UFC, and boxing before Tyson became champ. Two guys beating the crap outta each other. Now that's the only real "sport" IMO!

I gave the finger to sports and became the man I'll always be. I have as much use for sports as genital warts. Though I'll still watch the UFC on occassion. I'm too old now, but I always thought I could have honestly gaved that a go.

My son will cross the same bridge one day..and he will also rule his world.
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

And that my good man is your noble right, as it is mine to waste most of my days on it as well.

Comment

With the exception of poker, I dislike watching/playing any sports. And I hate that dreadful NASCAR.
                  "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

To each his own. I dont really care for it, but I have a friend that is all over and he does the fantasy stuff as well. For some reason I am just not drawn to team sports. I love watching racing, boxing, mma, and a little golf ( a little goes a long way) but I have no real interest in football, baseball, hockey, or basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                      And that my good man is your noble right, as it is mine to waste most of my days on it as well.
                      Yes Broseppi Tommy. It is everyone's right to do whatever brings joy. We only have few spins on this ball o' mud and water. We may as well do what it takes put a smile on our face.

If you can put a smile on your friends/family faces..then you did good!. I'll will vouch for a job well done!

For me, nothin' is better than shootin' my goo. That is the closest thing to heaven I'll ever know. So I do this as much as humanly possible.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

we can all agree that if there was an "I hate shooting goo" thread that chaos and disorder would erupt here and maybe end the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
                          With the exception of poker, I dislike watching/playing any sports. And I hate that dreadful NASCAR.
                          See, I view poker as a game, not a sport.
                          "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                            we can all agree that if there was an "I hate shooting goo" thread that chaos and disorder would erupt here and maybe end the board.
                            ..You got that right, and I would lead the crusade. Are you with me General Thomas?? I KNOW SEGEE is!!

GOOSPEED!!

Comment

Hell yea! First load is designated for the crybaby tag team of CYGBARRE1!
                              "POOP"

Comment

Can i be the Flog Marshall? Even if I can't i'm in!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X