Well, Schenker DIDN'T play OKC...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, Schenker DIDN'T play OKC...

I don't have the whole story yet, but he was NOT here Thursday night.
    So yeah, we got bumped, for nothing.

Sorry Jeri. All i can think of is that at least you're playing out there to get bumped.
    I haven't played in so long it's starting to hurt.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
      Sorry Jeri. All i can think of is that at least you're playing out there to get bumped.
      I haven't played in so long it's starting to hurt.
      I played out today... at Guitar Center on 14th St. I was the featured artist in the "quiet room." The crowd, such as it was, went wild.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

I've never understood artists WAY past their famous days that no show. You'd think that MS would be grateful for any gig he gets nowadays, it's not like he's gonna lower himself to work at McDs.
        Just a guitar player...

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          I played out today... at Guitar Center on 14th St. I was the featured artist in the "quiet room." The crowd, such as it was, went wild.
          bah, I've seen that kind of "playing" before. Smoke & mirrors, throwing shapes & grandstanding to the crowd. There's no real substance there
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
            I don't have the whole story yet, but he was NOT here Thursday night.
            Oh, I'm quite sure we all know the whole story...it's too bad the guy can't go a week without sabotaging his legacy...

Sorry to hear that you got skrewed out of a opportunity to play though...that sucks, hopefully the club owner appreciates you guys a little more now...
            Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
              bah, I've seen that kind of "playing" before. Smoke & mirrors, throwing shapes & grandstanding to the crowd. There's no real substance there
              Hey man, you're raining on my one man parade!
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by missionguitars1 View Post
                Oh, I'm quite sure we all know the whole story...it's too bad the guy can't go a week without sabotaging his legacy...

Sorry to hear that you got skrewed out of a opportunity to play though...that sucks, hopefully the club owner appreciates you guys a little more now...

There are a couple of stories. One is his drinking. Another is the fact that he has two ex-wives dunning him for child support when he tours the States. He typically books a tour and starts playing shows. Once one or both of the exes find out and start tapping the tills of the venues to get their back child support, that's when the tour usually ends - when Schenker can no longer collect his fees from the venues.

So if he tours the US and your date is not one of the first shows, figure he'll cancel when he gets dunned for child support. He'll be lucky if he doesn't get nabbed and jailed for it one of these days.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

His picture should be on the front of a Fruit Loop box.
                  "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                    There are a couple of stories. One is his drinking. Another is the fact that he has two ex-wives dunning him for child support when he tours the States. He typically books a tour and starts playing shows. Once one or both of the exes find out and start tapping the tills of the venues to get their back child support, that's when the tour usually ends - when Schenker can no longer collect his fees from the venues.

So if he tours the US and your date is not one of the first shows, figure he'll cancel when he gets dunned for child support. He'll be lucky if he doesn't get nabbed and jailed for it one of these days.
                    Dean Guitars "allegedly" cleaned up the child support/alimony problems last year...although reading the whole drama on his website on a day-by-day basis a few years ago was AWESOME reading!
                    Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                      His picture should be on the front of a Fruit Loop box.
                      Quoted for TRUTH.
                      You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
                      You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
                      --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
                      --horns666 - 12/29/08
                      I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
                      --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

Working...
                      X