Rackmount Metal Thingy's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rackmount Metal Thingy's

I'm looking to build my own desk shelf, with metal rackmount thingy's so I can put my rackmount gear within arm's reach.... What are these things called? And where can I buy them? Not rack ears - they go on the gear. I mean the things that screw onto the inside of the cabinet/shelf.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Rack rails
    "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
    Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Can get them on pretty much any site that sells guitar equipment
      "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
      Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Thanks. Tried typing that into ebay and gives a load of gardening shite
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Maybe if you type it into the "Musical Instruments" category specifically you'll have better luck. If you search under all categories you'll get all kinds of stuff you don't want.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Try Raxxess, they make a bunch of rack stuff. You can pick up various lengths of rack rails at pretty much any GC.
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Sweetie, I think you are looking for "captive nuts" (and boy am I going to give you some), and some "rack strip". Here in the UK, the biggest suppliers are probably Adam Hall, but try Canford Audio and Studiospares too.

No, it's OK, no need to thank me, why not call me a cunt and an Rslicker again, as per usual? I don't care, hurt my feelings......sob

BTW, is this new addition to your Evil Genius Control Desk going to have a rack distro or what?
              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Yeah, my evil genius desk. Thanks But threatening to rape me won't do you any favours.

Having searched through those sites you suggested, they call them rack STRIPS in the UK. So now I find this on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5U-19-RACK-STR...3A1%7C294%3A24

One question remains: Can they be easily cut down to 3U or 4U strips?
                Last edited by wilkinsi; 06-23-2009, 08:27 PM.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

add 'space' to rack rail search since all come in various #U spacing

Get the best deals for Rack Rail Space at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!

Also note the mount type, square hole vs threaded
                  And sure they can be cut, provided you have a hack saw? meant to cut steel.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                    Yeah, my evil genius desk. Thanks But threatening to rape me won't do you any favours.

Having searched through those sites you suggested, they call them rack STRIPS in the UK. So now I find this on ebay.

One question remains: Can they be easily cut down to 3U or 4U strips?
                    Hey, it's only rape if you aren't up for it, remember that, the jury will.

Now, I know you aren't allowed to have any sharp objects but yep, like the man says, a hacksaw will do it.

BEFORE you jump in and start sawing away, make sure the spaces are right. Look at the rack strip, the spaces for the captive nuts aren't uniform, so don't just count 3 holes and chop, (because if you want a rack for a 2u item plus a 1u item, you don't need 3u dead. You need a couple of mm extra. Look at the strip, this is why the holes aren't divided equally along the metal.) Put the rack gear together, put the strip up to it and make sure the holes line up before you cut, or you might end up with a bit of rack strip that isn't straight.

("Isn't straight..." now where have I heard that before......oh yeah, I know)

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Duh, of course I'd line them up before cutting. Now, you limp off back to your lemon party, singing rock n' troll.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I think the exchanges between Rs and Wilks are one of my favorite parts of the JCF.
                        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                          Duh, of course I'd line them up before cutting. Now, you limp off back to your lemon party, singing rock n' troll.
                          OK, OK, smartarse, I'm only trying to help. I tell you, it's a real cunt to cut a bit of rack strip and find you've not done it right. I've done it on more than one occasion, as my neighbours can attest, with me kicking things, calling everyone a cunt and hurling hacksaws and bits of rack units all round the yard.

Spiv, we are like an old married couple really.

Guess which one is the Mummy? Large Hint: Wilksy-Baby.

I nearly broke her back

Comment

RsTroll, you've outlived your purpose. Go back to jail, directly to jail, and don't fucking come back
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                            X