Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An American design aircraft, built in Canada to Dutch specifications.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The F5 wasn't the first US design that Canadair produced and put their own unique spins on. They also built the CF-86 Sabre...

From http://www.militaryfactory.com/

"Canadair of Canada handled license production of the Sabre as well. These were built in six marks beginning with Mk 1. Mk 1 represented a prototype of the F-86A model. Mk 2 followed with 350 examples produced (based on the F-86E). Deliveries of this initial production model were sent to the USAF and RAF as well as the Canadian Air Force. A single Sabre Mk 3 model was built as used as a test platform for the Orenda turbojet engine. The Sabre Mk 4 saw 438 examples produced. Only 10 served the RCAF while 428 of these were delivered for RAF use (known in the RAF inventory as the Sabre F 4). Sabre Mk 5 was based on the F-86F model but fitted with the Orenda engine. 370 of this type were built with a bulk going to the RCAF and 75 to the West German Luftwaffe. Sabre Mk 6 was the final production model for Canadair, to which totaled 655 examples split between the RCAF, the West German Luftwaffe, South Africa and Columbia."

More about the Orenda engine from wikipedia...

"The Orenda entered production for the CF-100, which were used in Canada and the Belgian Air Force. Later versions of the Canadair Sabre also used the Orenda (6,500lbf thrust) in place of their General Electric J47's (5,425 lbf thrust), providing a dramatic boost in performance, holding the crown for F-86 performance for some time. The Canadair Sabre became a popular export item as well, with versions being sold to the West German, South African, Colombian and Pakistani Air Forces. For some time the USAF considered producing their own Orenda-powered version, the F-86J, although these plans were later dropped when they turned their attention to more powerful supersonic designs. Boeing used a Canadair Sabre as a chase plane from 1962 through the early 1980s during development of all Boeing airliners from the 727 onward."
    Last edited by Hellbat; 06-27-2009, 11:17 AM.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

How about some info on some jets that have actually blown some shit up?
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Man the F-5 looks almost like a T-38

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
          And so yet another thread is completely derailed...

God I'm getting so tired of that happening
          Blaze, You gotta be kidding dude! If you haven't got that hint by now, you're in denial, naive, delusional or all of the above.

I made it a point not to reply to some of your recent threads (night ranger, reggae mp3 ect) and they go ignored and/or not taken seriously by most.

Honestly, your acting like fett trying to get attention, and then moan when you get it.

But it seems you can't tell the difference of "busting balls" or insults. What, you're the ONLY one we can't have fun with. That's how we treat "friends" including Zeegs, SeeGee, Tommy, Jimmy, Joe, Ben, Rick, Bibz, Gary, Spike, Jay, Shob, Endy, Smacker, Wilk, Davey, Hellbro, Newc, Tim, JB, Shawn, JohnG, Rudy, Jack, Snoogs, Mosh, Spiv, Trav, Bomb, Nick, and 90% of our bros here. That's called having fun..but you take it as some fuggin' personal attack. OK FETT!!!

Believe me when I ATTACK someone they fuggin' know it, I'm just being myself. Wer're just being ourselves..but you have a problem with that! whatever.

Maybe we'll ignore you until you grow a pair or get a clue !

Sounds like a plan to me..
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Blaze..you can prolly add another 100+ views to your precious thread now.

Your welcome..
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by themisfit138 View Post
              Man the F-5 looks almost like a T-38

Same plane. The T-38 is the trainer version.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Where the T 38 Talon and two seat versions of the F5 like the F5 B and the F5 F differ is that the T 38 doesn't have the more powerful engines and it also doesn't have the avionics needed to operate airborne weapons.

This is a T38 Talon

This is an F5 B Freedom fighter

And this is an F5 F Tiger

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                  Yeah..I would welcome them and fuck 'em!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yMaRI89S94

Jay knows what's going on, though he would find them.
                  "Dear Dr. Bill,
                  I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
                    Where the T 38 Talon and two seat versions of the F5 like the F5 B and the F5 F differ is that the T 38 doesn't have the more powerful engines and it also doesn't have the avionics needed to operate airborne weapons.
                    The B models have a gun site, and the C models are ready for weapons.

Comment

The ultimate incarnation of the F-5 series - The F-5G, or F-20 Tigershark

Comment

Originally posted by themisfit138 View Post
                        The B models have a gun site, and the C models are ready for weapons.
                        Why would the B model need a gun site? Look at the picture I posted of the thing, it DOESN'T have a gun. The F model however does.

Comment

^^ the f5b doesn´t have an INTERNAL cannon.

It does however have a gunsight on the HUD because underwing gun pods were at that point in time seen by the military as a more flexible solution to increasing multi-role capability in future fighters. The Idea was dropped after only a few years, though, which is why the F5-E and all later variants DO have internal cannons again.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus View Post
                            ^^ the f5b doesn´t have an INTERNAL cannon.

It does however have a gunsight on the HUD because underwing gun pods were at that point in time seen by the military as a more flexible solution to increasing multi-role capability in future fighters. The Idea was dropped after only a few years, though, which is why the F5-E and all later variants DO have internal cannons again.
                            HOLY FUCK ZERB!!! Where u been!?
                            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

migs are the best
                              Last edited by gotwtt; 06-29-2009, 09:23 AM.
                              "Oh please, please dress as my sexy dead wife!" -

Comment

Working...
                              X