Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Uli Roth last night!

For the 5 of you that care...

He didn't have Mark Boals singing this time, he let the backup guitarist handle all the high-pitched stuff...which he did quite well on...

Focus was on Hendrix (he opened with Little Wing - not exactly a face-tearer-offer ), as he's the focus of the Sky Academy he does before some of his shows (I was going to go, but I suck, and the idea of getting p'owned by a bunch of stud local guitarists and Uli isn't my idea of fun...)...

Played about a half Hendrix (All Along the Watchtower & Machine Gun), a quarter Electric Sun, and a quarter Scorps (We'll Burn the Sky, In Trance, Pictured Life)...most were REALLY extended for jams as well...lasted 2 1/2 hours...

Got home at 2am, woke up at 5am... Today is dragging...a touch ...but I'm happy I went...he's simply insane...
    Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

I care. Uli is the greatest.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
      I care. Uli is the greatest.
      Ok, we've got one - Bill and Ulijdavid, where are you?

Also, his version of Voodoo Chile was mind blowing...

Comment

I also care,but the last time I saw him,I started to sell all my stuff(again) and take up basket weaving........................
        Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

I would have pooped my pants when he played Pictured Life. Virgin Killers is my fav Scorp album!
          "POOP"

Comment

ULI!!!!!!

I love ULI!!!

I'll go grab a pic..maybe the Uli Z Bub family portait!!

Man, I'm glad I shaved off the Cheech 'stache..I still have the Muslim skunk goat tho..which doubled in length since!!!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Man, I wish he would play here....

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                I would have pooped my pants when he played Pictured Life.
                That would make two of us with poopy pants!
                You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
                You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
                --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
                --horns666 - 12/29/08
                I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
                --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

We still have Uli's "Sails of Charon" solo in my wife's cellphone. It still makes me poop my pants. I think it was Uli that invented the "brown sound".
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Uli is the true Godfather of Shred.
                    Originally posted by horns666
                    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Ahhhh....feeling much better about sharing the love now...thanks for weighing-in...I'm not sure why I throw his name out there half the time, and no one seems to care...is it the turquoise, feathers, & suede?

Hilarious moment of the show - he has us in front of him adjusting the fan on him as he played...looks over...points to move it left or right...nods as if to say "oh yeah - that's it!"...great thing was, I was able to actually walk back to the bar, grab a beer, then walk right back up to the front...hardly anyone there...

Comment

The importance of Uli can only be underestimated, I'd say. The stuff he was doing in the 70s was truly amazing and he really was way ahead of his time. The Scorpions are rarely mentioned when talking about the great heavy metal bands, yet they sported two of the most influential modern guitarists.

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
                          The importance of Uli can only be underestimated, I'd say. The stuff he was doing in the 70s was truly amazing and he really was way ahead of his time. The Scorpions are rarely mentioned when talking about the great heavy metal bands, yet they sported two of the most influential modern guitarists.
                          +1
                          Uli was definitely ahead of his time. I'm pretty sure he is actually from the future......which would explain a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by thebeggar View Post
                            +1
                            Uli was definitely ahead of his time. I'm pretty sure he is actually from the future......which would explain a lot.
                            Shhhh...be quiet...we'll ALL get thrown in the loonie bin...even though we're right!!!

FWIW, Uli emailed me back (a couple day late, but very nice of him all the same!) regarding attending the Sky Academy...here's what he said:

Hi Anthony,

this is Uli.

Don’t worry about having to play…

It’s just a one day thing and I will do a lot of talking and demonstrating.

Whatever level you’re on – it will be helpful as long as you have an open mind.

All the best

Uli

Insert "SHould Have Blown Off Work and Paid My $90 To Hang With Greatest Guitarist Of All Time" emoticon <HERE> :ROTF:

Comment

I'm a huge Uli fan, also! I've seen him every time he's come around this way in recent years. He plays at a small venue here, and I've always managed to stand just a few feet from him. It always feels like I'm standing five feet from Mozart or Beethoven. He's a genius at that level, IMHO. It's not even a technical thing--he simply connects with the music in a way that most of us could never hope to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X