No announcement yet.

Saw Uli Roth last night!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say this all the time, without Uli, we would not have Yngwie or Marty Friedman.

2 of the top unique and influential metal players IMO.
    Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
      I say this all the time, without Uli, we would not have Yngwie or Marty Friedman.

2 of the top unique and influential metal players IMO.
      He is the progenitor of the neoclassical style, and does it with more style and taste than anybody else. You named Yngwie and Friedman, of course you have Jason Becker, Paul Gilbert, Tony MacAlpine, Joey Tafolla, Tony Fredianelli and virtually the whole output of MI for several years who all followed in Uli's footsteps, or those of his disciples.

To make LOTR analogy, Uli is Gandalf wheras Yngwie is Saruman - one SEEMED stronger, but who is left standing in the end? Well, it's not a 100% analogy, but Uli is the good wizard in the story anyway!
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
        He is the progenitor of the neoclassical style, and does it with more style and taste than anybody else. You named Yngwie and Friedman, of course you have Jason Becker, Paul Gilbert, Tony MacAlpine, Joey Tafolla, Tony Fredianelli and virtually the whole output of MI for several years who all followed in Uli's footsteps, or those of his disciples.

To make LOTR analogy, Uli is Gandalf wheras Yngwie is Saruman - one SEEMED stronger, but who is left standing in the end? Well, it's not a 100% analogy, but Uli is the good wizard in the story anyway!
        Well I named Yng and Marty becuase Yng was the first guy to really come out and say "fuck you EVH" and that whole 80's pentatonic style. He took Uli's playing mainstream and sooo many players (pretty much all the Shrapnel guys) were influenced by him. Marty made an amazingly unique sound as well, but is taken from Uli as well. But you are correct.
        Originally posted by horns666
        The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Working...
        X