One HOT show yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One HOT show yesterday...

Holy crap...104 degrees sun beamin down on ya...I was never so glad to get off stage. Whew!!

Anyhow, here's a pic or two.

Band shot

cool pics Jeri, too bad it was so damn hot outside. I doubt I could d a gig in 104 degree heat unless I had a bucket of icewater to dip my head in between songs

We're going on 4-5 days straight of 100+ degres here in my neck of the woods. You really cant do jack outside past 10am until the sun goes down. Hell even gettin some rays was too hot for me, was jumping in the pool every 5 minutes, damn pol water feels like a warm bath....
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

I hear ya Shawn, first show I didn't drink beer at...drank LOTS of water though..like 3 bottles in a 45 min set.

Comment

it doesn't look hot!

how do you keep your energy up on a show like that? I don't the heat would bother me as much as the sun cooking my skin.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I don't know how you can play in that heat. I can barely handle anything near that temperature.
          "Dear Dr. Bill,
          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

It was damn hot for sure, but I learned something else too...from now if I have to play outdoors I'm playing the RR1 (white!) not the RR5..that freaking guitar was almost on fire. I could barely touch it..it was THAT hot.

Comment

Jeri, lemme know next time ya'll play somewhere...I'd love to come check ya'll out. I'm only about 2 hours from OKC.
              I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

My personal record for an outdoor gig was 108 degrees. Quite a feat, considering I live in MN! It had been almost 40 years since we had a day that hot.

- E.
                Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                  It was damn hot for sure, but I learned something else too...from now if I have to play outdoors I'm playing the RR1 (white!) not the RR5..that freaking guitar was almost on fire. I could barely touch it..it was THAT hot.
                  :ROTF:
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post

I'm sure it's a myth that white reflects heat better than other colours. Read it somewhere, probably the internet, so it must be true. :idea:
                    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

The only question I have, is what is "Dragon Fest" and do you need to bring your own dice and Mountain Dew?
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                      X