No announcement yet.

New Alice In Chains Song!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought it sounded quite good. To echo other's comments, it's amazing how much Cantrell's voice contributes to the vocal imprint of AIC.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
      Thought it sounded quite good. To echo other's comments, it's amazing how much Cantrell's voice contributes to the vocal imprint of AIC.

Sure, I thought his two solo releases sound like AIC..especially DT.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

ok, it's not quite layne era AIC but this is still way fucking cooler than the other shit on the radio. this is very promising.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I tuned out when they released Dirt. They got into too much with the acoustic rock flaptrap.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

it's the acoustic stuff that makes you feel like you're on dope!!!
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

sounds bloody great!!! of course we all miss laynes awesome style, but the new dude has a really good voice.

this will split people because they could have gone for someone who sounds absolutely nothing like layne and people would moan and go "oh it isnt AIC without layne" or like they have done, got a singer who sounds kinda like layne and people will still go "oh sounds like layne but not as keeeeewwwwllll" and we all know you cant please everyone.

dudes got a great voice, i'm glad to see AIC kicking out some good stuff, can't wait for the album.
              Double Rhoads "Vader" Custom.
              Double Rhoads "Empire" Custom.

EVH 5150III Head and Cabs
              ISP Decimator Pedal
              Sony Wireless Systems
              Ernie Ball Strings 52-10

www.facebook.com/evileuk

Comment

I love being in Chains. great place to be.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I like the sound so far but, I will say that as good as Duvall is, I think AIC should not do their older songs because from what I have heard of Duvall singing a lot of the older stuff, he over powers and you can tell he just does not have any feeling for it.. Listen to their live stuff for Down In A Hole with Duvall, he just over sings the part... That is just me, but the new material sounds great...

Just my opinion,
                  Charlie
                  Amps
                  1994 Marshall JCM 900 SL-X 2100
                  Line6 Spider 3 30 watt

Guitars
                  1985 Fender Strat MIJ '62 Reissue Fiesta Red
                  2006 Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine White
                  1992 Jackson Professional Rhoads Pro
                  2005 ESP LTD MHB 400
                  2006 Martin D16 GT

Comment

Sounds great! Sure could use some new stuff in the player!

Comment

Originally posted by dmnall View Post
                      I like the sound so far but, I will say that as good as Duvall is, I think AIC should not do their older songs because from what I have heard of Duvall singing a lot of the older stuff, he over powers and you can tell he just does not have any feeling for it.. Listen to their live stuff for Down In A Hole with Duvall, he just over sings the part... That is just me, but the new material sounds great...

Just my opinion,
                      Charlie

Respectfully must disagree Charlie. I've seen them live and I thought Duvall NAILED the old stuff. And he did it with style and respect, getting every ooh, and ahhhh, all the nuances of Layne down pretty much perfect.

Comment

Fuckin' SWEET!!!! I like!

Originally posted by dmnall View Post

Just my opinion,
                        Charlie
                        I dunno, I haven't seen/heard him live. But in this recording he sounds like he could pull it off quite well. I do get your point though. Same reason I can't stand hearing Dio butchering Black Sabbath or War Pigs. I love Dios stuff, but he should really leave the Ozzy era songs alone. I guess it's more of what you're use to hearing than anything else. We're pretty much use to hearing Layne's finess on his songs, so if someone else does them, it's.. well alien to us. I remember seeing a special with Phil Anselmo singing with AIC and, while I like Phils stuff, it just wasn't right hearing him do Man in a Box.
                        Last edited by Robert Hendrix; 07-03-2009, 08:42 AM.
                        Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

I guess I could understand the anti-DuVall sentiments more if Layne hadn't died. I don't hold continuing the band against the rest of the guys either.
                          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

FUCK THIS SHIT jerry and the rest of the band should be beaten for this, layne is turnin in his grave, some no talent hack ( at least nowhere near his level) has been touring singing his songs, and now a new album that blows cock as well

way to fuck up you LEGACY guys

Comment

Originally posted by gmbob22 View Post
                              FUCK THIS SHIT jerry and the rest of the band should be beaten for this, layne is turnin in his grave, some no talent hack ( at least nowhere near his level) has been touring singing his songs, and now a new album that blows cock as well

way to fuck up you LEGACY guys
                              Whatever.

9 people out of 10 that I've talked to love the new tune.

Comment

I guess it is their choice to go own and I can somewhat understand why they would. To me this is not Alice in Chains. The singer is good, very good actually, but he is missing that "thing" that Layne had. Layne's voice had a resonance (for lack of a better word) that most singers just dont have.

Comment

Working...
                                X