Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only music I love is metal

..and that's it.

But it must be good metal. Not poo poo metal.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

What is good metal?
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

You need to listen to Jethro Tull (or do they already count since they beat Metallica for a Grammy).
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
        What is good metal?
        Metal that you feel within' your groinal region, and makes you happy.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
          You need to listen to Jethro Tull (or do they already count since they beat Metallica for a Grammy).

That was hilarious..I remember watching that live.

Comment

I saw Tull live back in 95. I saw Ian Anderson on his solo tour right around the same time. Both at the Orpheum in Boston.
            "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

I saw Tull live back in 95. I saw Ian Anderson on his solo tour right around the same time. Both at the Orpheum in Boston.
              Hey you're going to be a daddy..NICE!

I gotta hit your thread later.

But I'm just being a tool for now..I gotta go, but I'll be back!

Comment

I hope it's nice, lol. I'm pretty nervous but still excited. I figure I'm as ready as I'll ever be.

Comment

I hope it's nice, lol. I'm pretty nervous but still excited. I figure I'm as ready as I'll ever be.
                  Dude it WILL be the best thing in your life..I promise you!

I had ALL those feelings too before Vinny came along..he's the greatest thing that ever happened to me. In hindsight, I honestly can say I really didn't know the meaning of unconditional love (I thought I did)..with my wife, my parents, and family..but he's apart of me, and he's just like me and will carry on my name/legacy once I'm gone. He's the only one that can make me immortal..in just that alone.

He's on one hell of a musician and sound so much like me..that's a great strat right there. In fact, as "good" as I may be..he will absolutely smoke me without question..he does in many ways now.

You're gonna be great!

Comment

I told my wife that as soon as he/she is dexterious, he/she is going to learn how to roll "daddy's special cigarettes". She didn't find it half as funny as I did.

I really hope that he/she can share my love and passion for music. I loved music many years before I could play an instrument. That's the only thing I'm good at, except for poker. I'm sure that would be vetoed as well. Cuz my wife hates fun and all things cool ('cept me of course).

I have a bit of anxiety about being a good father. Luckily my wife will make an AWESOME mother, so he/she is guarenteed at least one good parent.

How old is Vinny? Was he always into music?

Comment

I told my wife that as soon as he/she is dexterious, he/she is going to learn how to roll "daddy's special cigarettes". She didn't find it half as funny as I did.

I really hope that he/she can share my love and passion for music. I loved music many years before I could play an instrument. That's the only thing I'm good at, except for poker. I'm sure that would be vetoed as well. Cuz my wife hates fun and all things cool ('cept me of course).

When he I have a bit of anxiety about being a good father. Luckily my wife will make an AWESOME mother, so he/she is guarenteed at least one good parent.

How old is Vinny? Was he always into music?

Vinny is 14 and has been into music since day one. He was surrounded by metal because of me. When he was still in my wife's womb..he used to twist, kick and turn in there. I used to put haedphones on her belly and crank Eruption. He would stop immediately. When he was born and strated to cry I would play "Eruption" and he would recognize it instantly and stop crying. Now he can actually play Eruption. and he's an amazing drummer. He was a better drummer at 6 years old than most adult drummers around here. But keep you humor no matter what your wife thinks is inapprpriate because it is a balance. She will nuture him as all mothers due, and you'll be the one that shows him music, talk about tittties, and watch "Guy" shows together..you will also proly be the "heavy" which isn't fun, but necessarry. Most kids walk all over their mother, because most mother's let them get away with it. You won't..but that's all part of the "balance"..

Remeber you're noit his friend. Friends come and go..you're much more than that. You're his father. It doesn't mean you can't have fun. You'll have a blast liking the same things. In Fact, next week Vinny and I can't wait to see the new movie "Bruno"..we laughed are asses off when Borat came out a couple years ago. My wife HATES that movie..so that's OUR thing...ya see.

Comment

Is it still appropriate to talk about titties if it is a girl?

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                          Remember you're not his friend. Friends come and go..you're much more than that. You're his father. It doesn't mean you can't have fun.
                          All you young fathers and fathers to be, the quote above needs to be memorized. It's one of the wisest things Bro. Bill has posted on these forums.

So many times, parents are afraid to be parents because they don't want to jeopardize their "friendship" with their child! HORSESHIT! The minute that happens, you've not only lost control, but you've also lost the respect of the child and trust me, they will take advantage of you from that moment on.
                          "POOP"

Comment

Is it still appropriate to talk about titties if it is a girl?
                            ahhhhhhhhh...well...ummm I don't have a girl.

Thank Satan!!!

You stil can be yourself and silly, but your wife will prolly cover the boob thing...and girlie stuff. All I know is my daughter would be grounded for life once she turns 13..

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                              All you young fathers and fathers to be, the quote above needs to be memorized. It's one of the wisest things Bro. Bill has posted on these forums.

So many times, parents are afraid to be parents because they don't want to jeopardize their "friendship" with their child! HORSESHIT! The minute that happens, you've not only lost control, but you've also lost the respect of the child and trust me, they will take advantage of you from that moment on.

I know. I see this all the time. I am quite sure That won't be me. I don't tolerate a lot, lol. In fact, I've almost finish building my mahogany attitude adjuster/ass paddle. I just need to drill the holes to reduce wind resistance. Believe me; I'll be ready.

Comment

Working...
                              X