This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding without a shotgun seat

I guess you all remember last week's post I made...

I told you guys about Ade, my former bassplayer before, his rowdy behavior and exessive drinking. As I'm typing this down it's nearly 3:30 in the morning and I just got home from having been Ade's personal taxi driver.

A week ago some people I have known for a long time called me up about Ade and told me that last time they jammed with him a creative spark was there and they really liked what he came up with. They wanted to start a musical relationship with him. So I called Ade and he was really excited about it, so it was arranged that tonight they would try him out.

When I arrived at Ade's place it was revealed that he cut off his long hair and had gone for a skinhead look. Between you and I, Ade without hair looks a LOT like Eighties gay-icon Jimmy Somerville.

When we arrived at the place the music started flowing and so did the beers, I don't know how many pints Ade swigged away but it was a lot. After we left, we ran across people from another band who we've befriended and they invited us to an Irish pub to have guinnes beer. It was then that Ade began to lose it, he drank a pint and threw the empty glass over his shoulder making it shatter. And when he got up from his seat he toppled over, having lost his sense of balance completely.

When I drove him home he was passed out in the shotgun seat and then I smelled a tell tale acid odor. When arriving at his place I couldn't wake him up but he was still breathing, with one of his neighbors we carried him from my car and woke his girlfriend up to get him inside his appartment. He awoke when we carried him in and insisted that he could walk inside himself, as he stood up, a wet spot on the ground became visible, and a wet seat confirmed my suspicions: Ade has pissed himself in my car.

I've had enough of it, regardless of him getting the job in that new musical project or not, I'm NOT gonna drive him there again, he'll have to get there on his own terms.

I'm off to sleep.
    Well, two days after this happened my local garage got the seat out of my car so they could clean it properly and I could continue driving. Since then more than a week has passed and I still haven't gotten my seat back, aparently Ade's piss was so thouroughly embedded into the seat of my car that it'll take much more than just a single cleaning sessions to get it right again. And I'm expecting to get a SERIOUSLY high bill after their work is done.

Everybody has been telling me right away "Call that fucker up and make him pay that bill!" but each time I do I get this "Look I'm sorry about that, I'll make it up to you, let's go and spend an evening drinking."

That fucker isn't even worth my time and effort to get money from to pay for the damage. When he's sober Ade is a pleasant guy but when he's drunk he's a total asshole. And now he's constantly drunk and I'm pissed off at him and knowing full well that I'm only wasting my time being pissed off at him. I erased his number from my phone, he has officially lost a friend here.

Sorry to hear about this. I think I've probably said in one of your other threads that you might need to cut ties w/ him at some point. It sucks when a friend is an alcoholic or addict. There's a point where you have to decide to quit enabling them, no matter how much you care about them. Hopefully, losing friends will be a wakeup call for him before it's too late, but some people have to fall all the way down the hole, and that's when it's really hell to be one of their friends or family members. I'll keep a good thought for him.

Comment

"I'll make it up to you - let's go get drunk" is his way of saying "I'll show you a good time in lieu of paying for the repairs". It's actually "I'll go get drunk and you can watch, and then I will have provided you with entertainment of comparable cost".

Hang out with him and wait for him to pass out drunk. Beat the shit out of him. Do this for about 6 months. He'll either sober up or you'll at least get the satisfaction of giving him the ass-beating he deserves.

I'd say stop the attempt at cleaning the seat and have the whole thing redone - foam, upholstery, all of it. It's the only way to get rid of urine.
      Last edited by Newc; 07-06-2009, 07:18 PM.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

If you hang with me or my friends you are expected to be able to handle your alcohol and or drugs. If you cant you get left.

I dont let sloppy people in my car period, even if its a super hot girl.

Comment

I'm with you Angel King. Well, I used to be. Sober now. Lightweights are a headache. I'm a lightweight now. Hell, I'm a no-weight-lol
          Sorry about your seat Blaze.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

At least it's not a bike seat.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              "I'll make it up to you - let's go get drunk" is his way of saying "I'll show you a good time in lieu of paying for the repairs". It's actually "I'll go get drunk and you can watch, and then I will have provided you with entertainment of comparable cost".
              Actually I think it's more, "I'll get you to drive me to the bar so that I can get falling on my face drunk and know that someone there will drag my ass home. Oops! I forgot my wallet, can you spot me a few drinks? Oh, and bonus, your car already smells like piss so who cares if I soil myself."
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

When you decide to keep hanging with junkyard dogs ..don't keep complaining about the fleas.

Fuck me once, shame on you. Fuck me a couple dozen times..I fuggin' deserve it.

So, have we learned anything yet?
                Last edited by horns666; 07-06-2009, 07:41 PM.
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Send him to the doctors to get his kineys checked out, or send him to a kindergarten where they can potty train him.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Newc's got a good idea.Let him get shitfaced and then beat the ever lovin snot out of him.That way if you never hear from him again,at least you got a little satisfaction out of it...........................
                    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Why do you keep hanging out with this loser? Just learn your damn lesson for fucks sake.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

You're not doing anyone any favors by letting this guy off the hook. I'm not saying you've got to whip his ass, but he needs to pony up whatever coinage he can to cover your expense. You may not think it's worth it, but you'll harbor the resentment for a long time and he'll be basically poking you in the ass once again.
                        "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Reverend Timmy View Post
                          Newc's got a good idea.Let him get shitfaced and then beat the ever lovin snot out of him.That way if you never hear from him again,at least you got a little satisfaction out of it...........................
                          Or

How about just ingnoring the fucker..or telling him to go fuck himself. Why put yourself in the trick bag, and leave yourself open for problems.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                            You're not doing anyone any favors by letting this guy off the hook. I'm not saying you've got to whip his ass, but he needs to pony up whatever coinage he can to cover your expense. You may not think it's worth it, but you'll harbor the resentment for a long time and he'll be basically poking you in the ass once again.
                            Sure, like that's going to happen. Good luck trying get a single cent from this bust-out alcoholic.

I say..fuggums. plain and simple..just fuggums.

That's the best advice I can offer.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                              Why do you keep hanging out with this loser? Just learn your damn lesson for fucks sake.
                              Son of O' Bingamajiggies X 2 !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X