Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
    Spiv.."Please don't jab me with your pud! :ROTF:"

I will start a Manowar tribute band and impale you with my broadsword..made by Jackson.
    We Are The True Believers
    It's Our Turn To Show The World
    In The Fire Of Heavy Metal We Were Burned
    It's More Than Our Religion It's The Only Way To Live
    But The Enemies Of Metal We Can't Forgive
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      Why the hate for the KV5 just because it has a Floyd? Why the hate for the KV2T just because it doesn't have the 6-inline head? Why all the fuss over a Rhoads having a top-mounted control plate - WHEN RANDY FUCKING DESIGNED IT THAT WAY!

I don't see posts from Jeri whining about the rosewood board and moto inlays on her RR5. I don't see Anna or ~K~ ragging about the trivial cosmetics of a given model.
      +1

These small "issues" are insignificant. This isn't Fender, to have the same setup repackaged in 'reliced' and 'artist' variations. The guitars are the way Jackson makes them, so a little compromise, or fucking with the thing, will have to do. That's the way it works, really.
      Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
      Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

I always thought it was cool to see the non-typical Jackson player doing his thing on a soloist or a nice dinky.. I have jazz and blues players both that swear by their Jackson guitars. It's about the feel more than anything. Nobody else makes a neck like Jackson and the rest I can mod for them to get the tone they want to their amps. These guys are running through old JC120's and Mesa F-50's, Fender Deluxes and Ampeg Reverb-o-rockets. The most non metal amps you can dream of. These guys are gigging weekly and making money being non-typical players. Look at the Strat players we have here.. Is it illegal for them to play metal on a real Strat? If it wasn't for Leo and George we would all be playing on Rickenbacker Horse shoes or semi-hollow arch tops. Wayne and Grover took Strats to a new level and in the meantime threw in some pointy guitars to fill a new void and make a few bucks.
        You don't have to look like you were drug out of the cemetery and through the dumpster and sing like your cookie monster on crack to play a Jackson. You don't have to do banjo rolls to play a Strat or a Tele. You just gotta love the instrument your playing.

Comment

Well I am a weird exception. I used to be into Crazy HEAVY metal. Im talking death and black and some blackened thrash. But weirdly after doing some soul searching metal doesn't do it for me anymore. I am into like godsmack but I find I am actually enjoying some lifeouse and staind. But with that said, I am not forgetting how to play. I learned alot from metal, sweeping, tap-sweeping. So even though I play what may be considered pussy music ( I am a little embarassed to say that, but its what i WANT/NEED to play, which is the exact OPOPOSITE of selling out) i still shred. And I still tune by ear, and know how to re-string a floyd!
          I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Bought my first Jackson RR in '84 cuz Randy played it, nuf said.

Newc...What exactly is " a man's man" :think:

Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). If metal didn't exist would you guys still play guitar? If people want to play pussified verisions of metal...so be it...who cares. My ability to ignore is astounding.
            www.JerryRobison.com
            '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

Originally posted by atdguitars View Post
              I always thought it was cool to see the non-typical Jackson player doing his thing on a soloist or a nice dinky.. I have jazz and blues players both that swear by their Jackson guitars. It's about the feel more than anything. Nobody else makes a neck like Jackson and the rest I can mod for them to get the tone they want to their amps. These guys are running through old JC120's and Mesa F-50's, Fender Deluxes and Ampeg Reverb-o-rockets. The most non metal amps you can dream of. These guys are gigging weekly and making money being non-typical players. Look at the Strat players we have here.. Is it illegal for them to play metal on a real Strat? If it wasn't for Leo and George we would all be playing on Rickenbacker Horse shoes or semi-hollow arch tops. Wayne and Grover took Strats to a new level and in the meantime threw in some pointy guitars to fill a new void and make a few bucks.
              You don't have to look like you were drug out of the cemetery and through the dumpster and sing like your cookie monster on crack to play a Jackson. You don't have to do banjo rolls to play a Strat or a Tele. You just gotta love the instrument your playing.
              +1000! I used to just agree, but now I AM one of those people.
              I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Bill, let me know if you need a guitar player. My chest hairs gettin gray but I can still fill out a loin cloth.
                www.JerryRobison.com
                '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

It's has nothing to do with gender, sexual preference. It has everything to do with respect.
                  Words to live by - it has EVERYTHING to do with respect.
                  You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
                  You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
                  --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
                  --horns666 - 12/29/08
                  I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
                  --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

Originally posted by joelayres View Post
                    Words to live by - it has EVERYTHING to do with respect.
                    Yeah, that's how I was brought up- Give respect, you get respect.

Comment

We sound like pussies whining about the pussies.
                      Last edited by Rich#6; 07-12-2009, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Honestly, I don't understand the topic of this thread whatsoever.

I read Matt's intial complaint 4 times..I got nuthin'.:think:
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Honestly, I don't understand the topic of this thread whatsoever.

I read Matt's intial complaint 4 times..I got nuthin'.:think:
                          Whiny pussy "Emo" fags playing their "drop C" tuned Jackson guitars through 2 distortion pedals into a high-gain amp with no midrange and so much bass that the speaker cones are banging off the grille cloth to the beat of a shitty sounding drum set and no guitar solos, instead of playing "metal" like a Jackson is intended for.

That's what I got, anyway.

Comment

guitar solos arent cool anymore
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

sex change who the fuck got a sex change???? I would not be shocked at all if it were rsmacker! S.G,have hangups.PFFFFFt you know one of them young ladys has stuck something in his ass as least once! "Pussies" in you are going to talk pussy, aleast include pics!!!
                              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Please someone photoshop the Nelsons with the Jackson: The Bloodline logo.

What's the difference between Emo and Screamo? Is it OK to like Screamo? I like Trivium and Avenged Sevenfold. Are they Screamo or Emo?

Shit, I'm not that discrimintating - its all metal to me.
                                -------------------------
                                Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                                X