The JCF crowd's going downhill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mazz View Post
    Bullet is not a trend for me, I was watching Kerrang (UK Rock/Metal Music Channel) and a few of their songs came on and I didn't listen to them for ages considering I first listened back in 06, I never follow trends I go with my own thing and I don't give a crap if nobody else likes em' because when I have a favourite band it ain't gonna change for years =D

anyway no thank you with the find a new favourite band thing
    And I'm not 100% wrong, Floyds do stay in tune longer than T-O-M's =P
    A agree with the Floyd thing. All my geetars have 'em.

But you'll see I'm right when it comes to ALL things metal. Time will show. Nothing personal, but this is the same exact debate I've had countless times on this forum..those members are gone and took their trends with them

Trust me, my wife of 25 years and our 14 year old son (amazing musician) has heard about every metal band imaginable thru me. So they're vicariously well versed on the subject. Whenever they hear a band and say.."How gay!"..their words not mine, rest assured it's a trend. I know of the cookie cutter bands ..Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu, As I lay dying, Tokio Hotel, My Chemical Romance, AFI, Fall out Boy, Thrice, Rise Against, Thre Days Grace, Bullet for my Valentine, and yes even Trivium and Killswitch Engage. This is nothing different than the New NU with some guitar solos and metal riffs thrown in for the Guitar Hero/Rock Band generation.

BTW I posted MANY metal threads since I been a member here and one of them is called "Metal VS Trends"...You may wanna do a quick search on that one.

Edit: Here I found the link for you. True Metal VS Trends. I wanted to continue this, but it was too much like work..so it went fuggit...http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...t=metal+trends

EDIT: again Jay, I don't care if someone from BFMV is a member here. It doesn't change the fact he's in a trend band, and I would gladly tell him this. I call 'em like I see 'em..you know me..

Bill Z Bub
    Last edited by horns666; 07-14-2009, 10:59 AM.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

isn't dude from bfmv a member here?

Yeah about floyds ......

For a while I hated them, if you break a string you're fucked - so's when playing at practice or for folks I would always use a tom guitar. While then I realized ~ how often do I actually break strings(with regular changing), I still do keep a few guitars with toms(sg for example).

There is no feeling like pulling up on the bar with a pinched harmonic, especially getting you're Vai on(lifting the guitar away from your body, whilst pulling up on the bar).

I don't know how I'd feel about a flush mount floyd though.
      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        It's the guy every guy wants to be - Randy Rhoads, James Bond, John Holmes, Bill Z Bubbles - those guys.
        I'd rather be Ron Jeremy or Lemmy. Hairy little bastards.
        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Hey Mazz, do you have a cousin named Blazer?

BFMV is mediocre trend "metal". And if you can't keep a guitar with TOM bridge in tune then you are a tard.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I just spit my coffee all over my keyboard,Tim.That is too damn funny..........................
            Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
              A agree with the Floyd thing. All my geetars have 'em.

Whenever they hear a band and say.."How gay!"..their words not mine, rest assured it's a trend. I know of the cookie cutter bands ..Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu, As I lay dying, Tokio Hotel, My Chemical Romance, AFI, Fall out Boy, Thrice, Rise Against, Thre Days Grace, Bullet for my Valentine, and yes even Trivium and Killswitch Engage. This is nothing different than the New NU with some guitar solos and metal riffs thrown in for the Guitar Hero/Rock Band generation.
              Ahh that's where you get me wrong, I don't really care if Bullet isn't true metal in fact I know they're not I admit I think some of bullets songs are utter shite (Forever and Always) again I don't like them because they're not true metal I have my own taste and Bullet is one of them I find in some songs that the Lyrics are really nice and apart from shite these days like people that make songs out of random shite and don't write songs for a purpose is stupid take fucking dance music they just think of words that go one with another instead of what I just mentioned again, I know they're not true metal but they've been a pure inspiration to my musical life for 4 years

You have your tastes and I have mine, I never followed bullet from a trend I saw a video and decided to follow it up through buying their albums and that's one of the greatest ways things have turned out for me when coming to music.
              Gear

Jackson DXMG
              Jackson JS30RR
              Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
              Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
              Blackstar HT5H
              Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
              Marshall JCM 800 2203
              Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

It's the guy every guy wants to be - Randy Rhoads, James Bond, John Holmes, Bill Z Bubbles - those guys.
                But, but, but... Randy wore a bow tie and played a polka-dotted guitar!

That's not very metal! :think:

:ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Mazz View Post
                  Ahh that's where you get me wrong, I don't really care if Bullet isn't true metal in fact I know they're not I admit I think some of bullets songs are utter shite (Forever and Always) again I don't like them because they're not true metal I have my own taste and Bullet is one of them I find in some songs that the Lyrics are really nice and apart from shite these days like people that make songs out of random shite and don't write songs for a purpose is stupid take fucking dance music they just think of words that go one with another instead of what I just mentioned again, I know they're not true metal but they've been a pure inspiration to my musical life for 4 years

You have your tastes and I have mine, I never followed bullet from a trend I saw a video and decided to follow it up through buying their albums and that's one of the greatest ways things have turned out for me when coming to music.
                  OK, then..may peace be with you my son

Say Three Nevermores and Two Venoms and you'll be forgivin.

Rev B Fuggums

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Rev B Fuggums
                    Screw the Venoms!

10 Loomises, 8 Nevermores, followed by any lesser amount of Deaths, Forbiddens, Nevermores, Sacrifices, Eidolons, Testaments, Exoduses and the likes!
                    Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                    Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Dred View Post
                      Screw the Venoms!

10 Loomises, 8 Nevermores, followed by any lesser amount of Deaths, Forbiddens, Nevermores, Sacrifices, Eidolons, Testaments, Exoduses and the likes!
                      Very Nice..

Satan told me to say Venom..it's his fault.

Comment

Rev B Fuggums

Spell Forgiven right and you'll be forgiven :P
                        Gear

Jackson DXMG
                        Jackson JS30RR
                        Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                        Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                        Blackstar HT5H
                        Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                        Marshall JCM 800 2203
                        Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

....too busy to learn how to properly set up a Floyd Rose so they cry whenever a new model comes out that doesn't have a tuneomatic...
                          Yeah, I don't understand the problem with Floyds. When I ordered my Custom Shop, I wouldn't have it any other way:

Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Mazz, do you build custom pine Telecasters and mod baby blue Squier Strats?
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I get first dibs on PowerTubes custom shop!!!
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Rasta Tommy and the Atomic Baby Blue Bombshells............
                                Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Working...
                                X