• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
    Sing along with me...
    "I, I, I
    Me, me ,me
    I'm the most important nobody that I see, see, see!

Fugg all of them, it's
    I, I, I...
    me, me, me.

Why does the boss make so much money?
    He must be a suckass,
    not like people like...
    I, I, I
    Me, me, me.

I'm the Most Important
    Nobody!"

Same story, all of the time.
    Man up, Wilk, someone MUST have taught you somewhere that it takes a team to move forward!
    It isn't all about you.

Edit, alright, that was a bit harsh.
    Just going by posts I've seen in the past.
    Maybe if you didn't play the victim then employers would be more sympathetic.
    Jes' sayin'...
    This thread isn't a whinge or raising the victim flag, I'm just looking for the best way out without getting ripped off should I want to jump boat or kicked off this one. Now you go smoke that smelly stogey on your garden table!
    Last edited by wilkinsi; 07-11-2009, 09:11 PM.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
      No.

Is this the new employer who will be giving you a job after asking for a reference from the current employer?
      You should just go in on Monday, smile nicely and hand in your notice. No problem, no fuss, I dare say they won't say anything. They might not even want you to work your notice and tell you fuck off right away. There's loads of jobs for you, Nottingham has several McDonalds/Burger King and public toilets that need cleaning (they won't tolerate you mixing business with pleasure though)

You can have a great tearful leaving party, just you and Boy Bukkake from the booth next door. (Do you have a Glory Hole between you?) Or you could put up a poster in the staff canteen - "Party! The Sexual Predator is Leaving! Feel free to bring cakes, booze and polaroids of your snatch. Or arsehole."
      I don't need a diary of what you get upto in your job you udder swinging rimming bhattiboy.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
        That's where you went wrong, you should have told them to suck your balls too. Until someone comes to me with a County Court Judgement they can stick their finger up their own furry hoop. (Even then they can stick it, he he)

It happened a long time ago when I was even more nieve and believed everything I read ...Christ , just seeing a debt enforcement I was expecting big Vern round with the boys and a baseball bat.!

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
          This thread isn't a whinge or raising the victim flag, I'm just looking for the best way out without getting ripped off should I want to jump boat or kicked off this one. Now you go smoke that smelly stogey on your garden table!

Sorry Wilk.
          I couldn't resist the ribbing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post

Sorry Wilk.
            I couldn't resist the ribbing.

EEEEEWWWWW!!!!! You use "rib"?! You sick bastard!
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

A lot of comapnies will take the money back out of your last months wages if you owe them from taking all of your holiday. The other thing is refrences. If you walk or cause them any grief when you go they could refuse to give a reference to any new employers and as already mentioned about holding back your P45.
              www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Well this employer doesn't actually give a reference as such, for anyone, whether they left on good or bad terms. All they give are the dates you started and finished working here. So either way, they're not exactly helpful in helping you land another job.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Thats a fairly standard reference these days..If a company gives you a reference that stops you getting a job they need to be able to prove everything otherwise they are wide open for legal action..my company is exactly the same, the reference is given out by the HR dept by someone who has never even met you.

Comment

Technically that's not a reference at all, only an admission that you have been employed. While that is fairly common nowadays, if you have a department head or superviser you could ask them for a letter of recommendation(unless they hate you, or you've performed at a subpar level(I bet Rsmacker would write you a letter of recomendation!!)).
                    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

My companies policy is when i quit ot get fired. I get all remaining sick and vacation time acrued paid to me. All future holida pay is not valid cus the holiday hasnt happened yet. So yeah. It;s a good thing and actually every job ive had that i got vacation etc time remaining i got paid to me. maybe im just lucky that way or its a feeral law or something. who knows. lol
                      Gil

Comment

EEEEEWWWWW!!!!! You use "rib"?! You sick bastard!

Ribbed for your pleasure.

Jay, I have written him several glowing references on toilet walls the length and breadth of this fine nation, one day he'll thank me. Until then it's take, take, take. (And boy, can he take it)
                        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Well this employer doesn't actually give a reference as such, for anyone, whether they left on good or bad terms. All they give are the dates you started and finished working here. So either way, they're not exactly helpful in helping you land another job.
                          maybe not helpful in helping you get another job, but it gives you the clearance to tank and do a lousy job there-lol
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Two things I've noticed.

1) Wilky ain't cutting it in the job market.

2) Cyg is FINALLY getting the hang of Internet forum jousting. Congratulations! However, when you "nail" someone and your comments are right on the money, don't apologize!
                            "POOP"

Comment

1) Maybe. So what.
                              2) No, just keep smoking poo!
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

1) Maybe. So what.
                                You're absolutely correct, I don't fuckin care. I'm just glad you're across the pond so that my tax dollars won't have to support your unemployed ass.
                                "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                                X