No announcement yet.

I hate Dave Grohl !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That "one by one" tune he does is downright fierce, not kiddie pop at all. I've seen him live and he's a solid frontman. Maaaaaaaaybe he had a hand in killing hair metal, but whaddyagonnado...

Comment

Don't mind Dave at all. He seems like a really nice guy and he's not trying to act like he's some badass metal head playing pop music to make money. He likes the pop shit but likes metal, whatever.
      Originally posted by horns666
      The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

I have no problem with Dave Grohl, I like foo fighters. They seem like they are just having fun and letting people come along for the rise. Now that kurt cobain asshole, i wish someone would take a shotgun to and blow his face off....
        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
          Don't mind Dave at all. He seems like a really nice guy and he's not trying to act like he's some badass metal head playing pop music to make money. He likes the pop shit but likes metal, whatever.
          What he said.

I'm not a big Foos fan, I don't own any of their albums, but I'm very impressed with some of the songs I've heard. I'll go as far as to say that I believe Learn To Fly is a frickin' work of art.

Plus Zakk "Jeffrey the pretend biker" Wylde doesn't like him. So he must be doing something right...

Comment

Not a giant fan of his scream/shout vocals, but he's a talented rock musician with solid hook writing chops. Seems like a humble and funny guy too.

I will not be booking passage on this hate train.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I will conceed that Probot blew chunks though...

Comment

Dave Grohl is very talented, knowledgable and a pretty nice guy from what I can tell......but I hate him. He just makes me wanna vomit. Literally. When I see him I think "Nickelodeon Gone Wrong". Just seems like a bit of a fairy.

Not to mention that he was in the antichrist band Nirvana...who were overrated and pushed to importance by MTV and the record labels to try and sweep metal under the carpet for good. I had 2 major A&R guys tell me exactly the same thing when Smells Like ass...er I mean teen spirit came out. They tried to control the marketplace. Karma is a bitch tho, now the labels are all in trouble. Careful what you wish for......

Oh yeah, and metal is still here and getting bigger......

....so Dave Grohl can go bite the big weiner.
                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                  That "one by one" tune he does is downright fierce, not kiddie pop at all. I've seen him live and he's a solid frontman. Maaaaaaaaybe he had a hand in killing hair metal, but whaddyagonnado...
                  Hair metal died of a diabetic coma from becoming sugary sap. Grunge was an inevitable backlash to that sappy shit.

Grohl is good at what he does, writing good journeyman pop-rock, and has respect for metal. He3 deserves the success he has, more than Cobain did.

He is popular to hate precisely because he is a commercial success. We all did the same thing, when we were teenagers. Then we grew up. There are a lot worse artists than Dave Grohl out there...
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I was never a big fan of Nirvana, and not a fan of the Foos, but Grohl seems like a pretty cool, nice guy to me.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l35ePHH8qM

Sorry I had to....
                      Gear

Jackson DXMG
                      Jackson JS30RR
                      Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                      Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                      Blackstar HT5H
                      Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                      Marshall JCM 800 2203
                      Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

i like one foos song everlong
                        and no hate to grohl, his drumming with QOTSA was pretty tasty
                        Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                        Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

I just realized that I do like 2 things he's done tho.....

The drumming for Tenacious D and he was the Devil in the Pick of Destiny movie......

....still a fag tho.
                          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
                            I just realized that I do like 2 things he's done tho.....

The drumming for Tenacious D and he was the Devil in the Pick of Destiny movie......

....still a fag tho.

Really? Someone better tell his wife and two kids that. Damn beards. :/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_189604.html
                            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Grohl's a fag, huh? Amazing.
                              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Well seeing that many still "like" Dave , who do you hate ?
                                Check-it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMKmQmkJ9gg

Comment

Working...
                                X