Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I get some Dokken guitar tabs???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get some Dokken guitar tabs???

I want to learn some old Dokken tunes. well learn some, and re learn others. some of George's stuff is difficult to nail by ear sometimes. some of those phrases are really off the wall and his style is kinda complex. Sometimes I need help from tabs.

I remember Metal Method had some lessons on Dokken solos at one time, but they dont offer them now.

Some of the songs I am interestin in learning are:

Tooth & nail
    the Hunter
    heaven sent

anyone know where I can get some GOOD accurate tabs or lessons on those?

also, how about those guitar trainer gizmos.....do they work? those things you play the CD in and you can jam along with them, alter the tuning, speed and such of the music...... do those really work? I rmemeber along time ago, a friend of mine had one that worked like total crap. but that was like over 10 years ago. do the current ones work any better?

thanks in advance!!!

any input would be appreciated!!!!
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

uh...... anyone???? anyone???? Bueller???

Comment

Those devices to slow down songs and what not work decently, Lynch licks are tough and to my ear it sounds like he's in some odd tuning but I could be wrong on that. I use a program called "Best Practice" to help slow things down or sometimes change pitch, someone here posted a link about it a while back and the program works pretty well.

Youtube is probably good if you want to see what other players are doing and Ultimate-Guitar.com will most likely have tabs.
      Originally posted by horns666
      The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

There were some tabs on a CD somewhere that I had a while back which had 3 complete Dokken records on it. I'll have to see if I can find it. As far as those trainers go, I got one the Tascam CD gizmos but someone pointed out that you can slow down the song in Windows Media Player on your computer without changing the pitch. I think its under tools or something. I've used that before. You might want to try that for free first
        If I can locate that CD with Dokken tabs I'll see if I can send them to you through e-mail somehow.
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Yep. WMP has that feature, it's probably the best one, too.
          Originally posted by horns666
          The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Just Google Dokken guitar tabs...got to be some out there.

guitarworld.com has some on the tab section of their site.

Or join George's dojo.
            Jackson KV2
            Jackson KE1T
            Jackson KE1F
            Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
              Lynch licks are tough and to my ear it sounds like he's in some odd tuning but I could be wrong on that.
              I think he's like a quarter-step flat, from what I remember reading.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Google
                You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
                You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
                --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
                --horns666 - 12/29/08
                I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
                --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

Check out BestPractice to change tempo/pitch with CDs/mp3s/whatever:

and it's free too!

For tabs, here's plenty:
                  Easily find your favorite songs by Dokken! Chords and tabs, covering a variety of genres. Start playing today!

Accurate Dokken guitar, bass, drum, piano, guitar pro and power tabs at 911Tabs.Com - tabs search engine

Comment

are those sites that google brings up safe? I thought I read somewhere that those can be ways to get computer viruses. ???????

Comment

the hunter and heaven sent are in standard tunning, as for tooth and nail??? do not like the song so never learned it or tryed.
                      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

I get mine from Jon Levin mostly.
                        'Howling in shadows
                        Living in a lunar spell
                        He finds his heaven
                        Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Yeah, good Dokken tabs are out there on the 'net.

Regarding the trainer, I have the Tascam GT-1 and love it. You just download songs to it like an IPod, then you can play along, take the guitar track out, slow parts down, adjust tuning, etc. It's a great tool. And the sounds you can get are pretty decent. I was just jamming on mine last night learning Steal Away the Night by Ozzy. Was having a damn good time!

Comment

Cool stuff!!! thanks for all the replies!

Comment

Working...
                            X