Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any "Young Earthers" here. as in the earth is 6000 years old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any "Young Earthers" here. as in the earth is 6000 years old?

Just curious anyone here think the earth is only 6000 years old?

I did not know people still believe this but the internet amazed me once again so I gots to know anyone here a Young Earther?

????????

Is not time relative?
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Man, some youtube drama about this is quite entertaining. It has been one of my main sources of fun for a lil while, hah.

...Ahh, the drama you see on utubez sometimes... priceless...
      Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
      Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
        ????????

Is not time relative?
        Cant make nukes without knowing elemental half-lifes.

Comment

AK47... Nukes...

No, not suspicious at all...
          Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
          Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Oh jeez not this. There are quite a few kids at my school who believe that. Arguing with them is a lost cause. They all use the excuse "Because God made it that way" and it makes me want to smash my head through a wall. They're also all anti-Evolution yet they contradict themselves by saying that small changes can happen yet they say that's still not Evolution. GAAAAH!!

And yes, the use of carbon dating with elemental half-life calculations has dated the earth back billions of years.
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
              ????????

Is not time relative?

Oh dear god, here we go. Already trying to sidestep the question with pseudoscientific fog and haze? Hope not!
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

You can blame Archbishop James Ussher for the dating of creation to the 6 thousand year mark. He had it down to October 23rd 4004 BC ha ha, He took all the genealogies and history that was church canon at that point and went backwards. Back in the middle ages this sort of thing was an important pastime I guess?

I remember reading somewhere that Newton believed this as well, but he had a habit of cutting things out of the Bible he didn't like anyway!

A side note I actually hang out at a few forums where Fundamentalist Christians post, and even many of them who feel each word of the Bible is God's literal word, don't have issues with an old earth. I would say that in 50 years this belief will be very rare.

For me it is, Singularity, Big Bang, Expansion, Heat Death, Collapse, Singularity, rinse, repeat x infinity. haha I probably have a few steps mussed up! More Supernovas!
                "We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer. "
                Zakk Wylde

Comment

this planet is only 44 years old, it didn't get rolling until I was born.
                  I wasn't born though, i was squeezed out of a bar rag.
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

"Young earth" creationists should be ridiculed and beaten at every opportunity. Spread the good word.

What's really frustrating is that this is largely an American phenomena. At what point exactly did our country get so fucking dumb?

Perhaps when guys like this started having too much influence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFvTAH2XgMg
                    Last edited by Big D; 07-14-2009, 12:58 PM.

Comment

FYI my belief is that some alien race millions of years ago came here and genetically engineered us from monkeys and their race then said "fuck this shit, these people are crazy" and left. So we slowly evolved a little more over the course of millions of years but not by much. I mean we cant fly and shoot lasers out of our eyes yet.

My alien theory comes from the fact that we dont really fit in with anything else here on earth and we just kind of fuck shit up here along the way. The rest of the stuff here may poop on the earth but thats the worst they do.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                        FYI my belief is that some alien race millions of years ago came here and genetically engineered us from monkeys and their race then said "fuck this shit, these people are crazy" and left. So we slowly evolved a little more over the course of millions of years but not by much. I mean we cant fly and shoot lasers out of our eyes yet.

My alien theory comes from the fact that we dont really fit in with anything else here on earth and we just kind of fuck shit up here along the way. The rest of the stuff here may poop on the earth but thats the worst they do.
                        I take it you're being sarcastic? (I sure hope so)
                        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
                          I take it you're being sarcastic? (I sure hope so)

...You're..A non believer?

Death is the only way out!
                          Originally posted by horns666
                          The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

after watching a ton of discovery and history channel, you can't rule it out-lol
                            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Death to all who neglects he who walks behind the corn.
                              Originally posted by horns666
                              The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Working...
                              X