Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any "Young Earthers" here. as in the earth is 6000 years old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ~K~ View Post
    I'm on a board where there are some serious bible followers. They do believe the bible is a literal historical document and the stories did happen as written. The believe the earth is only 4000-6000 years old. The explain Dinosaur fossils as the work of the devil to cloud your judgment. When the subject of carbon dating came up they said that carbon dating is not reliable and doesn't work.

Several weeks ago the Vatican announced that they had proven the bones they had were St Peters and they know this because of carbon dating. Suddenly in this form it became reliable in their eyes for THIS use.
    K~ We must visit some of my friends and churches I belonged to. I started Italian Roman Catholic, Then Born Again Christian, Baptist, Orthodox Jew..I actually got circumsized again, Tibetan Monk, Then a Buddist, but they actually thought I was Buddah, and had to get restaining order. Then I became a Free Mason, Member of the Illuminati, Then Jewish Mason, Muslim Jew, Then Catholic Jew, Then I became Amish..Then Amish Jew..but I hated all the chores and all girls had grassy knolls..just like those Mormons. I discovered I was lazy, didn't like grassy knolls and wanted to have fun. So then I fell from Grace, because she was a pretty big girl and became a sub demon named Pazuzu. Then I was demoted as poop demon named of Zuzu's Pedals...Long terrible story, but it involved wearing a tutu. I hear "Zuzu the Tutu" in my sleep!!!. Then finally ..finally..Bill Z Bub ruler of all that is stinky on the JCF, and found oneness after all that soul searchin'!!!

I could have just thrown the towel and became an Athiest..but that's boring!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
      The Vatican and Catholics are totally different than "Christians". I went to Catholic schools my whole life and they taught us evolution and bible teachings as well. The science based classes had nothing to with the bible and vice versa.

The Young Earth movement is more a Baptist or a Evangelical Christian thing that comes from the Bible belt.

I am Catholic and every Catholic I know does not believe in the Young Earth movement. Part of that reason is Catholic schools are very prestigious as a way for your child to get on the right path to college especially a IV league. If they taught Young Earth they would be laughed out of the whole higher education community and lots of angry parents would pull their kids out of the schools so fast that heads would spin.
      This is one of the best posts I've ever read on this forum, handsdown. Seriously, RIGHT on the head!! That's exactly what I agree with.
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
        K~ We must visit some of my friends and churches I belonged to. I started Italian Roman Catholic, Then Born Again Christian, Baptist, Orthodox Jew..I actually got circumsized again, Tibetan Monk, Then a Buddist, but they actually thought I was Buddah, and had to get restaining order. Then I became a Free Mason, Member of the Illuminati, Then Jewish Mason, Muslim Jew, Then Catholic Jew, Then I became Amish..Then Amish Jew..but I hated all the chores and all girls had grassy knolls..just like those Mormons. I discovered I was lazy, didn't like grassy knolls and wanted to have fun. So then I fell from Grace, because she was a pretty big girl and became a sub demon named Pazuzu. Then I was demoted as poop demon named of Zuzu's Pedals...Long terrible story, but it involved wearing a tutu. I hear "Zuzu the Tutu" in my sleep!!!. Then finally ..finally..Bill Z Bub ruler of all that is stinky on the JCF, and found oneness after all that soul searchin'!!!

I could have just thrown the towel and became an Athiest..but that's boring!

You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Some hipocrisy and ignorance on a monumental level:

This video is copyright free for educational purposes.Feel free to mirror these videos with or without accreditation.For other videos of this genre check out...

This video is copyright free for educational purposes.Feel free to mirror these videos with or without accreditation.For other videos of this genre check out...

And these people make money from this. It's hilarious that people my age are required to know this as part of the school curriculum, yet these walking jokes have no clue what they're talking about. Be it science, the scientific method, even politics. Disinformation as means of deliberate deception is pretty darn wrong, in my views. Just wanted to share this, see what comes about.
          Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
          Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

I used to be in a band with one of those "young Earth" guys. He'd always try to convince us heathens that the world was created by "God" and that it was only 6000 years old. (The bible was all literal too). I'd tell him his faith was his business, but his "science" was pathetic garbage. He also spent as much time as possible fucking groupies when his wife wasn't around. Great christian example...

Comment

Wow,

Just wow, lots of stuff on here;

1)Catholicism is against the word of G-d(Jesus died for our sins, to ask a human man for forgiveness or absolution only belittles the sacrifice of Jesus)
              2)Most religions don't even come close to following the scripture
              3)time is relative is from a physics standpoint not exostentionalist(if the big bang occured it would stand to reason that the explosive force caused movement, the massive speed of movement or proximatey moved from the epicenter would equate into time
              4)K ~ really? on a board full of fundy's?
              5)The Dake bible tells the story of pre-Adomites
              6)The prove to me you exist angle, I've never seen air - but I like it pretty good

OK, I'm done - have fun. But also remember science is full of flawed theories, global warming anyone?
              Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
                outlander!
                What? .....someone call my name

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                  Wow,

1)Catholicism is against the word of G-d(Jesus died for our sins, to ask a human man for forgiveness or absolution only belittles the sacrifice of Jesus)
                  3)time is relative is from a physics standpoint not exostentionalist(if the big bang occured it would stand to reason that the explosive force caused movement, the massive speed of movement or proximatey moved from the epicenter would equate into time
                  6)The prove to me you exist angle, I've never seen air - but I like it pretty good

OK, I'm done - have fun. But also remember science is full of flawed theories, global warming anyone?

Jay come join the dark side with us and embrace the Homos.

You know like:

Homo-habilus
                  Homo-sapien

and my all time favorite:

HOMO-ERECTUS.

Comment

Evolution is intersting when you look at cave man "Lucy" all the way on up to the Homos.
                    Um.... there's already a thread on Michael Jackson.
                    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

You know like:

Homo-habilus
                        Homo-sapien

and my all time favorite:

HOMO-ERECTUS.

ooo-er. It's just become a Carry On movie
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Cavewomen Lucy lives at the Natural History Museum in Cleveland..Yes, I jumped her bones!!!

Actually I helped preserve her by giving her a couple coats of Schlack!!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Ohhh, I was digging around outside and found a Mercury Head dime!!! Going by the creationist time table.. it may date back to the times of Christ..1939!!!

Jesus could have possibly bought some Bazooka Bubblegum with this very dime. Hey, ya never know. Jesus was in America according to Joseph Smith, and I betcha he liked Bubblegum!!! It clearly states in the bible that "God created Bubblegum and it was good"...until he got some stuck in his beard. Then he became angry and sent forth horrible plagues upon earth..in the form of Hip Hop!

Comment

Would I have to frame a poster from asia?
                              Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                                Wow,

What does global warming have to do with this? The theory is not flawed, btw. I have been engaged in several discussions on this board about it and two things are clear:

1) A lot of people here agree with you
                                2) I have never heard a cogent explanation from any one of them about why they think this, it seems to be political

So if you are advancing the global warming as bunk theory to try and show that the earth could be 6000 years old, I would say you have failed. I would also say that your synopsis of relativity is so simplistic as to render it meaningless to this discussion, but that would be mean
                                "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

Working...
                                X