Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any "Young Earthers" here. as in the earth is 6000 years old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The picture of the girl under this post that's saying "start your journey now my lord"
    has some globes i'd like to warm.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

They look like they need icing to me
      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

My feeling as to all the religion and stuff is carefully gathered by me for myself over the period of my life is that we are all meatbags.

When you are dead the only thing of you that remains is the parts of people life that you've touched. You have no eternal soul. You have to be pretty arrogant to think that if there is a god out there that he'd only give humans a soul. And the only way that this soul can exist is if you have 'faith'.

I don't need the threat of swimming for eternity in a lake of fire to make me be a good person. I know whats good and bad and I generally make choices that benefit everyone around me and not just myself.

Anyway I don't believe in arguing faith with people unless they are trying to jam theirs down my throat against my will. I believe the earth was around for a long time before humanity and I believe it will be around a long time after we're gone.

- Meatbag out.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Well said, Meatbag !
          I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
            My feeling as to all the religion and stuff is carefully gathered by me for myself over the period of my life is that we are all meatbags.

When you are dead the only thing of you that remains is the parts of people life that you've touched. You have no eternal soul. You have to be pretty arrogant to think that if there is a god out there that he'd only give humans a soul. And the only way that this soul can exist is if you have 'faith'.

I don't need the threat of swimming for eternity in a lake of fire to make me be a good person. I know whats good and bad and I generally make choices that benefit everyone around me and not just myself.

Anyway I don't believe in arguing faith with people unless they are trying to jam theirs down my throat against my will. I believe the earth was around for a long time before humanity and I believe it will be around a long time after we're gone.

- Meatbag out.
            +1!

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
              What does global warming have to do with this? The theory is not flawed, btw. I have been engaged in several discussions on this board about it and two things are clear:

1) A lot of people here agree with you
              2) I have never heard a cogent explanation from any one of them about why they think this, it seems to be political

So if you are advancing the global warming as bunk theory to try and show that the earth could be 6000 years old, I would say you have failed. I would also say that your synopsis of relativity is so simplistic as to render it meaningless to this discussion, but that would be mean

Marcus,

I'll be happy to have this discusion with you. However first, how about you give me some background on you; what is your education level, how old are you and anything else you think might be pertinent.
              Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                Wow,

Just wow, lots of stuff on here;

6)The prove to me you exist angle, I've never seen air - but I like it pretty good
                This is complete and total bullshit. Air exists. Science has logical and proven explanations for what makes up air - molecules, atoms, etc. etc. etc.

To somehow compare the existence of air with the existence of a mysterious bearded father figure in the sky....well that's just not something a rational adult should do. At least not in this century.

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post
                  This is complete and total bullshit. Air exists. Science has logical and proven explanations for what makes up air - molecules, atoms, etc. etc. etc.
                  I stated that I have never seen air, have you?

I also stated that science has many flawed theories, scientists have tried for 2000 years to disprove G-d(they still can't). Funny how some take the word of scientists they have never met or seen and can blindly call that fact, but that the belief in a higher power is just nuts. My personal favorite is all the guys who are like "the devil is cool but there's no G-d", umm ok!!!

I don't want to browbeat on religious issues though, I'm not here to convert or enlist anyone and you're not going to change my views on religion either!

However if you global warming guys want to have a go at it?

Comment

Marcus,

I'll be happy to have this discusion with you. However first, how about you give me some background on you; what is your education level, how old are you and anything else you think might be pertinent.
                    You took the words right out of my mouth. Like I said, I have had this discussion here many times. But what do my age and education level have to do with anything?
                    "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

I need a life partner.

Comment

You apparently have never been to LA

I also stated that science has many flawed theories, scientists have tried for 2000 years to disprove G-d(they still can't).
                        What are you talking about here? What scientist has advanced a flawed theory meant to disprove god? There are many flawed philosophical thought experiments meant to prove the existence of god (I hesitate to call these scientific theories) but I am unaware of any theories of the nature you propose. In general, scientists try to figure out how the universe works, and don't concern themselves with fairy tales. In fact the only "scientific theory" I know of that was intended to disprove things comes from your side - intelligent design. It doesn't really rise to the level of an actual scientific theory, however.

Funny how some take the word of scientists they have never met or seen and can blindly call that fact, but that the belief in a higher power is just nuts.
                        Who believes in scientists blindly? Your statements on global warming suggest that you disbelieve them blindly if you don't agree with their conclusions, so how is that better? Or do you actually have some reason to disbelieve them in this case?
                        "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
                          You took the words right out of my mouth. Like I said, I have had this discussion here many times. But what do my age and education level have to do with anything?
                          That would clearly give me an idea of who I'm addressing and how to discuss all of the information that's relevant to the non issue of global warming.:idea:

EDIT -
                          I also stated that science has many flawed theories, scientists have tried for 2000 years to disprove G-d(they still can't).
                          What are you talking about here? What scientist has advanced a flawed theory meant to disprove god? There are many flawed philosophical thought experiments meant to prove the existence of god (I hesitate to call these scientific theories) but I am unaware of any theories of the nature you propose. In general, scientists try to figure out how the universe works, and don't concern themselves with fairy tales. In fact the only "scientific theory" I know of that was intended to disprove things comes from your side - intelligent design. It doesn't really rise to the level of an actual scientific theory, however.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma

This is why I ask you're education level, reading comprehension ~ I'm willing to discuss things and invest the necessary time, however I get frustrated when there is wasted time and thought given to misinterpretations!!!
                          Last edited by Jayster; 07-15-2009, 11:51 PM.

Comment

I also stated that science has many flawed theories, scientists have tried for 2000 years to disprove G-d(they still can't). Funny how some take the word of scientists they have never met or seen and can blindly call that fact, but that the belief in a higher power is just nuts. My personal favorite is all the guys who are like "the devil is cool but there's no G-d", umm ok!!!

I don't want to browbeat on religious issues though, I'm not here to convert or enlist anyone and you're not going to change my views on religion either!
                            So is "God" watching you to see if you leave the "o" out of his name or what? This kind of behavior is confusing and irrational as believing the world is flat...or 6,000 years old.

Of course I haven't seen air. But that argument (as a proof for the existence of your sky fairy) is about as ridiculous and childish as I've heard.

The difference between air and the tooth fairy (or god) is that we KNOW air exists. We know it exists because we can measure it, feel its effects, and prove its existence through well known methods. None of the same things can be said for a god, because we DON'T KNOW if a god exists or not.

Saying we can't prove something does not exist is NOT the same as actually having proof via the scientific method. I can say there is a purple martian camping on the moon, and you can't prove me wrong, but that doesn't mean there is one ounce of proof to support my ridiculous claims.

No offense, but your attempt to defend your religion is embarassing, and I'm sure you deserve better.

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post
                              So is "God" watching you to see if you leave the "o" out of his name or what?
                              Nope, that is done out of repect so that if someone comes along and adds something that you personally disagree with that you are not blaspheming. I would think that your sky fairy comment and others would qualify this.

Again though, I'm not trying to change or convert you or anyone else here. Now I am willing to discuss the gore myth.:think:

Comment

That would clearly give me an idea of who I'm addressing and how to discuss all of the information that's relevant to the non issue of global warming.:idea:
                                You first.

EDIT -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma

This is why I ask you're education level, reading comprehension ~ I'm willing to discuss things and invest the necessary time, however I get frustrated when there is wasted time and thought given to misinterpretations!!!
                                My reading comprehension is fine. Your sentence just didn't make sense as written, so I tried to make sense of it. If you would like to explain what you meant, go ahead.

If you don't want to "waste time" discussing the very real issue of global warming (really called global climate change) I assure you I won't be too upset
                                Last edited by marcus; 07-16-2009, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X