2009-2010 NHL Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009-2010 NHL Thread!!!

Is it too early? No way! The NHL released the regular season schedule yesterday...Rangers at Pens will kick it off!

NEW YORK (AP) -- The Pittsburgh Penguins have another night to celebrate their Stanley Cup title when they raise the championship banner to the Mellon Arena roof on Oct. 2 to kick off next season.
    The NHL announced its 2009-10 regular-season schedule on Wednesday with the Penguins' celebration and the Winter Classic at Fenway Park highlighting the slate.
    Pittsburgh, in its final season in Mellon Arena, will welcome the New York Rangers in its home opener. The following day all 30 teams will be in action, marking the first of two days when every NHL club will hit the ice.
    The now traditional New Year's Day Winter Classic will feature the Boston Bruins hosting the Philadelphia Flyers outside at the home of baseball's Red Sox.
    Every team will be off from Feb. 14-March 1 for the Winter Olympics in Vancouver. The Olympics will force the Canucks on an NHL-record, 14-game road trip.
    Great matchup for the Winter Classic!

What are your thoughts on the offseason moves so far?

yep, too early. Lot of roster changes for a lot of teams in cap space issues

shawnlutz.com

Comment

Blackhawks will win the Cup! My early prediction.

Comment

I think having the Winter Classic as Flyers/Pens at Penn State would have made more sense, but it will still be fun to see them play at Fenway.

As far as next season goes, I think the Flyers made an excellent move in signing Pronger. Their offense is already productive, and having Pronger back on the blue line will settle the defense. Barring no serious injuries or Emery meltdowns, the orange and black will dominate.
        Scott

Comment

olympic layover is stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, ............................
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

The winter classic at Fenway should be awesome. Having been there last summer to watch a ball game I know I would LOVE to attend a hockey game there.

My Canucks going on a 14 game road trip makes my nervous, but we are traditionally a strong road team and apparently the league made some concessions as far as what city follows another to make it a little smoother.

The Olympics will be an impact to the schedule but it will also be some killer hockey, when the players are carrying national pride on their shoulders.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

the olympics is gonna feel like it does now, like hockey is light years away from starting-lol
              I think the NHL should stay out of the olympics, honestly.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

So, will the Canucks get an extended home stand as well?

Comment

To the best of my knowledge, no extended homestand to compensate. My understanding is it will be 8 games before the break and 6 after, so technically they have a break on the roadtrip.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

+1 on that ! but it's the big television market thing with revenues for the city that drive it ...
                    Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                    I think having the Winter Classic as Flyers/Pens at Penn State would have made more sense, but it will still be fun to see them play at Fenway.

As far as next season goes, I think the Flyers made an excellent move in signing Pronger. Their offense is already productive, and having Pronger back on the blue line will settle the defense. Barring no serious injuries or Emery meltdowns, the orange and black will dominate.
                    Check-it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMKmQmkJ9gg

Comment

I say montreal is gonna be a really great team this year with the players we got theres gonna be some serious playing here.gomez-cammaleri-gionta-spacek-gill etc...
                      I wonder what it feels like to have money...

...ahhh fuck it guitars are better!

Comment

Pens didn't even try to resign Gill...he's slower than the Zamboni! I wouldn't get to excited about that acquisition. Who's gonna fill Kovalev's shoes? Gomez? I don't think so. Montreal is not a team that strikes me as "improved".

Comment

Habs picked up a lot of small offensive guys. Gil isn't a bad player playing out with the checking lines, but he's not exactly an offensive threat to bust around guys to clear the zone. Out of the eastern teams I think the Leafs have made the most interesting moves. There is a lot of sandpaper on that team that I think will serve them well in their conference/division.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Go FLYERS!

Comment

This upcoming season may be the decline of the Detroit Red Wings. We'll get to see the depth of the orginization with some kids getting their shots up with the big boys. They have to bring em in because have no cap room and have their hands are tied right now with the Hudler arbitrations, KHL/IIHL/NHL dealio so they can't land any UFA's until thats resolved.
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X